Bush dropping in the Polls

Submitted by Cecil Baird ( ) 63.115.128.181 on 01/20/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.218

President George W. Bush's approval rating has dipped to 50 percent, and the US electorate is evenly split heading into the 2004 presidential election year, a new poll has found.

Given a choice between Bush and an unnamed Democratic candidate, 43 percent would vote for Bush and 45 percent would vote for the Democrat, according to a New York Times/CBS News poll published Sunday.

Former Vermont governor Howard Dean was the top choice for Democratic Party presidential nominee, with 24 percent support, versus 12 percent for retired general Wesley Clark, 11 percent for Representative Dick Gephardt and seven percent for John Kerry.

Sixty-four percent said, however, it was too early to say for sure about the Democratic nominee.

Meanwhile, the boost Bush enjoyed in the wake of Saddam Hussein's capture has faded. His 50 percent approval rating was down eight percentage points from the last time the poll was taken, December 14-15.

The current poll surveyed 1,022 adults between January 12 and 15 and has a three percent margin of error.

Bush is seen as strong on terrorism and national security, but Americans are lukewarm about many of his domestic initiatives, the poll showed.

Sixty-eight percent said they approved of his campaign against terrorism while just 28 percent disapproved. Forty-eight percent gave him a thumbs-up on his handling of Iraq and 46 percent gave him a thumbs-down.

But 51 percent said his tax cuts had not made much difference to the economy, 27 percent said they were good for it and 17 percent said they were bad. Most respondents said they disapprove of his handling of the economy (51 to 44 percent).

The economy was the topic of most interest to voters in the presidential campaign (15 percent) followed by jobs and unemployment (10 percent) health care and education (both at seven percent).

Many expressed skepticism about Bush's recently announced immigration initiative, with two-thirds opposed to allowing immigrants who entered the country illegally to stay and work in the United States for three years.

And 58 percent said building a permanent space station on the moon was not worth the risk and costs.

If I smoked I'd sit back and have a cigarette after reading this one. Ah, isn't life grand? :) :) :) :) :)

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Speculation, whoop to do.

This response submitted by John C on 01/20/2004. ( ) 66.233.157.155

In Sept, we can worry about who is leading what pole. Until them is rubbish.

Unless you saw a poll that said Bush

This response submitted by Cecil Baird ( ) 63.115.128.181 on 01/20/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.245

is unbeatable right? They you'd be happier than a lottery winner. :)

You seemed to be worried about his chances this fall in one of you past posts, "So now you can see, Kerry wants your guns. (01/20/2004)"

Cecil, I'm so glad you can be objective

This response submitted by George on 01/20/2004. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.252.167

You liberal stooges can't help yourselves, I suppose. The NY Time, the Washington Post and the LA Times were the ones who fronted the recount of the recount of the recount of the recount of the Florida ballots and still determined that George Bush PROBABLY won that election. Try the Brookings Institute Poll or some of the REAL polls out there before you go cutting and pasting again.

Nah, cut and paste is for liberals remember?

This response submitted by Cecil Baird ( ) 63.115.128.181 on 01/20/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.245

Ye Haw!

Polls

This response submitted by Wes on 01/20/2004. ( ) 67.200.12.106

Polls? Poll's don't mean a thing,just ask the people in iowa. Wasnt Howard Dean favored to win big time there according to the polls?

Cecil. . . .

This response submitted by Randy on 01/20/2004. ( ) 205.132.76.26

I thought you were done with this forum? Typical liberal I guess, can't even take you at your word. Define Is for us. Lets see what happens in the election , not the polls. I will say seriously though, I am glad you still post here , everything including this forum need's balance.

After

This response submitted by john on 01/20/2004. ( ) 66.190.41.56

seeing the way Dean acted last night without his MEDS I really want him to have access to our weapons, he sounded like he wanted to attack the states he was screaming about. Give it up Cecil, your stuck with 4 more years of President Bush

Bush

This response submitted by Brandon on 01/20/2004. ( ) 205.188.209.12

Can we take 4 more years of bad economy?

Bush vs. Hitler?

This response submitted by Steve on 01/20/2004. ( ) 207.38.184.57

I know how you head in the sand conservatives were up in arms recently about a comparison between bush and Hitler. Well, they certainly are not the same. For starters, Hitler was a decorated war hero. he fought for his country in WW1. Bush was AWOL from a cushy post in texas while his country was at war. Second...Hitler actually got MORE votes than the guy that he beat when he was elected.They didnt have to recount anything because it was OBVIOUS who won. bush on the other hand LOST the popular vote. So you see...there are loads of ways that bush is not Hitler. Just thought I would clear that up for you guys. :-)

Cecil

This response submitted by JOhn on 01/20/2004. ( ) 66.190.41.56

your getting quite a following. Are you all fish guys?

Steve, where did you take history? Sears Roebuck?

This response submitted by George on 01/21/2004. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.96.200

HITLER WAS A PRIVATE in World War I and ended up in JAIL. He got more votes because he'd eliminated everyone from the Kaiser's realm. Has the word "anarchy" ever crossed that feeble mind of yours? And IF you actually knew anything ABOUT history, you'd know that the treatment of Germany as a nation after WWI was the reason for WWII. But then again, Sears probably didn't have all the pages in YOUR catalog, did it.

Bad economy and polls?

This response submitted by Lance H on 01/21/2004. ( ) 63.147.130.36

Where do you guys get your information? Man, oh man. Just tonight, going into the SOTU address, it was announced that W was at 58% approval, the highest for any President giving a stat of the union. (CBS Poll). As far as the economy, I only have to look at the report I received from one of my investment groups which has increased 47% above where it was a year ago and is well above the point where it was on 9-11. ALL, read that as A L L of my investments are doing great and I suspect that those people which are complaining about the economy are the welfare maggot sorts that don't have any money to invest, don't know how to work hard enough to make enough money to invest, and are so pitiful that they will never qualify for a job with a 401K or retirement package that derives its money from the markets. It appears that if you listebn to the lib drivel long enough, you start to believe it.

And how 'bout that Dean? Was that whack, or what?

And I've had about enough of this Hitler analogy and AWOL

This response submitted by George on 01/21/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.200

Why don't you gutless traitors post a real name and address for a change? IF George Bush was listed as AWOL at least he was in a position to GO AWOL. He wasn't a deserter or a traiter who skipped the country, convicted in absentia of the act and then reinstated by Jimmy Peanut Carter. Any comparisons to the traitorous acts of Slick Willie and the Moptop Witch he married is insulting to anyone who has half a brain. The Hitler comparisons are even more despicable. That was funded by your liberal clan on their website, remember. And Brandon, where have YOU been. The economy is in recovery quite well since "they" use the stock market as the indicator along with new housing starts. (I personally think that's crap, but who am I?) The economy was tanking when Willie trashed the White House and 9/11 crippled it, but it seems to be doing quite well as it's back above 10,000 if you trust such things.

I guess you can say Kerry is honest, as of now.

This response submitted by JOhn C on 01/21/2004. ( ) 66.233.157.155

He says right up front he want your guns. If then you are so stupid at to vote for him you get what you deserve.

I have tried to find Cecils place of reference, but I cannot find the same things he keeps claiming.

Cecil are you running for OFFICE? you should your story is about as good at Kerry's or Dean's.

So Cecil what do you think of Clark?

polls......WHAT POLLS? more like brain washing

This response submitted by Michael on 01/21/2004. ( gmichaelthomas@cs.com ) 64.12.96.200

These polls seem to be taken everyday, and always seem to be reported like some kind of advertisment campaign to sway the ignorant, rather than a true reflection of a cross section of America.In my life,I've always voted,and I've never been polled on politics,nor has anyone I know.Who are these pollsters? Who are they polling?, and what are they tring to acomplish?.When was the last time you were "polled"? Only on election day dose it matter what you think anyway.But then again on election day,it is to late for the "pollsters"To brain wash the ignorant,misinformed,and dispossesed.but of course unless the "pollsters" say so,I'm probably wrong.

Economy

This response submitted by Brandon on 01/21/2004. ( ) 205.188.209.12

yes, the economy realy looks good! Had two brothers loose one of them real good jobs with the real good 401k and real good retirement plans, due to bad economy! One had 26 years and the other had 24 years and now they have nothing!600 lay-offs due to real good economy! And by the way your 401k hasn't looked very good in the past months!

George why is it that...

This response submitted by Cecil Baird ( ) 63.115.128.181 on 01/21/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.240

if someone doesn't agree with you he ir she is a "traitor" or "stupid"? Do you really think that will bring you any converts? If it was up to you there would be one party and only one view. Doesn't sound like democracy to me. And while you're at it go back and read rule number 4 again!

As far as polls, I couldn't agree with some of you more. Although I won't go as far as saying they are fabricated, I do believe they can be flawed, and I too have never been polled. (Good thing I'd really skew the results LOL) They can alter elections by convincing people to vote for the front runners, and they can convince people not to vote near the end of an election day, if it looks like their pick is way down in the polls, which really bothers me. And as far as the Iowa Caucas they sure were off weren't they? But polls are historically even a tougher call in caucases than primaries.

For those of you who don't agree with me fine, but I wont' call you stupid or a trait like George does. John C., I will be doing some research on Kerry and get back to you. But I refuse to take at face value what you or George say. I have enough brains to make up my own mind.

I am back, and yes, I said I was not coming back. However, after seeing some of the onesided insults that go on here I cannot stay away and ignore it.

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism" - Thomas Jefferson

Mean-spirited of you , lance h.

This response submitted by r.stantom on 01/21/2004. ( ) 170.215.201.89

I think i'm pretty conservative, but i don't think it's necessary to be mean-spirited about it. This unemployed lazy puke keeps getting about 2K in his 401K when the plant closes, and i suppose it's my fault the founder of parmalat and his cronies stole ten billion from the company and ran it into the ground-- if only i'd have worked harder they could have stolen even more.
Don't get me wrong, you get out of this life what you put into it, but any reasonable person understands that once in a while we all suffer a bout of PLAIN BAD LUCK.

Cecil, you could stop all this. You COULD shut up.

This response submitted by George on 01/21/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.167

But then again, that's a lost cause. Bill Clinton WAS a traitor by definition. He fled this country to avoid military service and he paraded around London espousing the communist party line. (Your history book probably omits that part I guess.)

I'm not an evangelist and I'm not looking for converts. You've done more to help the Republican party than I ever could as you continually ask and answer your own questions. Your warbling about candidates and flagrant lying about never posting here again are shining beacons of your character. Then the best part was you came back on here under an assumed name to recreate your rabble rousing. YOU, sir, have helped the conservative cause more than I could ever hurt it with my comments. We see you as an icon of the DNC mantra that if you tell a lie often enough, one day people will believe it to be the truth. Rock on, Cecil.

George

This response submitted by Roger E on 01/21/2004. ( ) 198.81.26.46

Amen, from one who remembers that we should never confuse Cecil...and those who are like him...with the facts of the issues...thank God for George Bush, and may we continue to benefit from his leadership.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu