Beware of Rim Country Tannery

Submitted by Jerry Hart on 01/20/2004. ( kingoharts@frontiernet.net ) 216.67.223.163

Sometimes it takes me a little longer than average to learn my lesson. I read in the archives that some folks had trouble with Rim Country Tannery run by Denise Haislip out of Phoenix, however I decided to try her anyway for several reasons. I sent her a couple of Elk capes along with a money order to pay for everything. I then had a change of heart and requested that she send it all back. I was advised that two of the capes were already in the pickle however she returned 3 capes. I told her to tan the two that she had started on and keep enough money to cover the costs plus shipping and return the rest. To make a long story short, I finally have had to take legal action to get my money back. She never has returned any of my money. She will not answer her phone, and as of today, it has been disconnected. The tan wasn't all that good of a job, although I was able to use both capes.
I finally learned my lesson. DON'T USE RIM COUNTRY TANNERY in Phoenix and if anyone by the name of Denise Haislip contacts you, RUN!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu