what happened to taxidermy.net?

Submitted by bryan on 01/21/2004. ( ) 68.172.173.168

i clicked on it in my favorites and all that came up was a website dedicated to political nonsense!
after a hard day i like to log on and see whats goin' on with everyone in the taxidermy world. lately all i see is lame attempts to slam a president who in my humble opinion is doing a fine job under extremely tough circumstances........i really want to climb onto my soapbox right now and say how i really feel about this! but, like bill yox said i really don't want to get involved.1/4 of the industry messages are about politics! i don't post here much anymore because of all the criticising and judging here. ......heck you don't need to enter a competition to be judged, just ask a question here about how to save money on s supplies to mount a fish and your likely to be told that your a money loving war mongering capitalist! if everyone would talk taxidermy the world would be a much better place........just a thought from a money loving , war mongering conservative........................

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

LOL

This response submitted by DaveT on 01/21/2004. ( ) 66.109.131.156

If everyone talked taxidermy all day long, I for one would get sick. I like to discuss other things, after all taxidermist are people aren't we? Some of us do not want to stay in the shop 24/7. If you do not like a post, skip it---- most are easily identified in the title; you will just have to grin and move on for those that are not.

DaveT

bryan

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 01/21/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.168

Like Dave, I enjoy mixing it up too. But like you said, its getting to be too much lately. It was ok when it was intelligent. Im as guilty as the next guy though, hahaha. Except for that one guy....

Bryan, are you in the younger age range

This response submitted by Cecil Baird ( ) 63.115.128.181 on 01/21/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.207

that doesn't think politics is important and doesn't effect you? I mean, who gives a rats butt who is president and what his policies are right? It doesn't effect my life right?

If so, I have one question for folks like you. If the draft was reinstated, and your number came up, would you be interested in politics and world events then? Just wondering?

There still...

This response submitted by Jim Tucker on 01/22/2004. ( ) 24.50.252.84

Is PLENTY of taxidermy talk on here, but you may have to avoid the INDUSTRY menu to see it LOL! You should come here when we get into the politics of Taxidermy Associations. That gets REAL good.

yes , i'm in the younger age range

This response submitted by bryan on 01/22/2004. ( ) 68.172.173.168

i'm 46(lol). i guess my point was'nt made very well.......
i'm very interested with what happens in this country. as an owner of several businesses, i am aware of current events, the economy,politics and so on.iguess i can be a little intolerant of the seemingly endless bickering here.....i think i have trouble discerning whether you guys are serious or just messing with each other...dave , i do try to skip some posts, but my curiousity gets me from time to time... i like to talk other things also, but as bill posted it just seems a bit of overkill,ya know? if its intelligent, great!whats going on in this country greatly affects me,btw what are folks like me? i don't get it.oh, wait. yes i do, and my point was just made!i made a statement about not slamming the president and was told that i'm an uninformed,uninterestedand unaffected.and speaking of a rats butt, he did 2 terms and could'nt run again!(lol) sorry, you lured me in to that!

I stand corrected Bryan

This response submitted by Cecil Baird ( ) 63.115.128.181 on 01/22/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.207

I ASSumed you were one of those that didn't think politics had any relavence in their lives.

I don't see myself as slamming the president. I see it more as opening some ears and eyes.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu