Koran 9:11

Submitted by American Eagle on 01/24/2004. ( ) 205.188.209.102

This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by
an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages... The
following
verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) -- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a
fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands
of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more
rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there
was peace. (Note the verse number!)

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

wow!

This response submitted by joe on 01/24/2004. ( ) 68.224.201.191

...that is uncanny, are you still eating the food you stockpiled for y2k?

What if Ben Franklin had gotten his way and the turkey was our national bird? Would you still have written this irrelevant post? You do realize that our country is not the only one to have selected the eagle as one of its national symbols, right?

Do something more productive with your time than taxing your peanut brain in an effort to tie your religious furvor and political acumen to political issues at hand.

I think I hear your ouija board calling, or is that your medium on line two?

Interesting

This response submitted by Chuck on 01/24/2004. ( ) 24.154.39.13

I thought that was quite interesting. Is there more?

Osama

This response submitted by Chuck on 01/24/2004. ( ) 24.154.39.13

I wonder what Osama thinks of that? He's such a devoted Islamic.

I also wonder...

This response submitted by Raven on 01/24/2004. ( ) 24.150.166.254

If its even true or another one of those BS things getting emailed to everyone with forward after forward... I just have hard time believing that a book of a religion would prophesize it's own self destruction and go one to say that the people who FOLLOW this religion woudl be happy about it? Thats like saying God will die and Christians will be happy about it. Just seems a bit off. And to have it be in 9:11? Seems TOO perfect. I'll believe it when I see it, this is just too off to be legit...

here you go, but is this the truth

This response submitted by Randal R. Waites on 01/24/2004. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 205.188.209.12

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/k/koran-war.htm

I don't buy it.

This response submitted by Ron on 01/24/2004. ( ) 205.231.189.150

Sounds to good to be true to me. Probably someones wishful thinking. If any of you guys has a koran and can veryfy this let us know; I tore mine up to make those cardboard and paper forms back in the seventies.

PLEASE!

This response submitted by Steve on 01/24/2004. ( ) 207.38.184.90

How friggin gullable are you people?!? Its really easy to look it up and see its pure BS. I did a search on google. I typed in koran and searchable and got a ton of hits. I looked at chapter 9 verse 11 and it reads..."9.11 But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know."....no eagle...no destruction...none of that!...Im guessing that these things get started by people desperate to find an excuse to do the things that we do. Here is the link so you too can search the koran for yerself.
http://www.hti.umich.edu/k/koran/browse.html

One more thing

This response submitted by Steve on 01/24/2004. ( ) 207.38.184.90

I also did a search for the word "eagle" in the koran..and guess what...it isnt in the koran. Not once does the word eagle even appear. Do a search yourself.
http://www.hti.umich.edu/k/koran/

Hoax

This response submitted by Alex on 01/26/2004. ( ) 66.245.90.96

Koran 9:11 Refers to the American Military Action in Iraq-Fiction!

Summary of the eRumor
A verse in the Koran, which happens to correspond to the date of the Attack on America, predicts that "the wrath of the Eagle" would be felt throughout the lands of Allah.

The Truth
This is a hoax.
The quote is not from anywhere in the Koran (or Quran).
Chapter 9 verse 11 actually says "But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and we make the communications clear for a people who know." (M. H. Shakir translation)

Last updated 5/20/03

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu