HAVE YOU EVER HAD 1 OF THOSE DAYS?

Submitted by Jeff @ Jeff's Taxidermy on 01/26/2004. ( mountman@netins.net ) 216.248.78.103

I had 1 today......
1st off I had to have my brother modify a case top for a customers turkey....the thing was suppost to fit under the glass but didnt ...the tail fan bent over about 1/2 inch.. we added a 1 1/2 inch riser and took it back to the customer CRAP IT DIDNT FIT...
2nd we are now on our way to my g/f work to pick her up with the case top again (by the way it is snowing like hell and the roads are slicker than cat snot on a linolium floor.. been driving through the big city with everyone cutting in front of me when I try to keep a gap so I can stop without hitting someone if that is going to happen) ...
We make it out of the big city no problems ..and we are now about 15 miles from my g/f work place when 4 deer come out and stand in the middle of the road infront of me and just look stupid at us..
#1 #2 and #3 move on while #4 cant make up her mind what she wants to do .. I hit the brakes gently (remeber its slick out ) and get to slowing down when she moves out of the way I'm thinking cool and then she turns right back around while I'm thinking" move it move it"
then it turns to" oh SH!T this is gonna leave a mark " .....
bang the deer hits the front of my truck and pulls a bambi on the ice ..you know like the Disney movie , corkscrews around my truck ,gets up in a daze and staggers off...
I stop get out saying all kinds of bad words to the deer as it runs away and move around to the front of my truck to look at the damage and guess what NO DAMAGE!
Man did I ever luck out hahaha...
I hope things go better tomarrow because we will head back to the big city and return this case top when it is fixed tomarrow ...
Hope you all had a better day than I did.
Jeff

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Painted a Smallie today and...

This response submitted by marty on 01/26/2004. ( ) 67.173.51.16

...painted the gill rakers red last being ultra careful of overspray. Once finished and content I hung the fish up only to find out that I had spilled a bit of paint down the side of the cup onto my thumb. And (you guessed it), I had a big ol red thumbprint right in the middle of the showside of the fish - ARGGGGGHHHH!

Denatured alcohol and some Candy Brown touched up the fish fine, but that was 20 minutes later before I was content with my "repaint" job. I HATE when I do that!

Another deer story

This response submitted by Bruce Norton on 01/26/2004. ( ) 204.248.119.254

In November, my wife hit a deer on a Friday, had the estimate done on Saturday AM. Then on Monday, she hit another one - totaled out our SUV. So, we buy a brand new Ford Explorer. Two weeks later, we are driving to work in the dark in a snowstorm, and a buck runs out and I hit it with our brand new vehicle. So, I pull over and look at the vehicle. Nothing leaking, so at least it is drivable. I can see a dark blob back in the road ditch, so I figure I will go look at the buck and at least see how big it was. Now, remember it is dark and snowing and blowing. So I walk back 50 yards and go into the road ditch. The buck is laying there and its head is kinda caught in the grass and its head is twisted under its body. So, I reach down to pull the rack up to get a better look. DUMB MOVE! As soon as my hand touched the rack, the buck jumped up and was right in my face. Those tines came within inches of my head. So, there I was - standing eye to eye with the crazed buck. I took off running for the vehicle. That was really stupid. I never would walk up to a deer I shot and grab it without making sure it was dead. I think there is a lesson there. I can laugh about it now, but it could have been really bad!

I would have paid to see your face LOL

This response submitted by Paul I on 01/26/2004. ( paulblastoatyahoo.com ) 209.210.87.156

Bruce its a shame nobody was there with a vidio camera to film that as Im sure it would have been a best seller.Thanks for sharing that.

HAHAHAHA

This response submitted by Jeff @ Jeff's Taxidermy on 01/27/2004. ( mountman@netins.net ) 209.152.72.13

Glad to see I'm not the only 1 hahaha
Thanks for sharing the stories guys and Bruce ..."what the heck were you thinking " roflmao...
I will have this case top done later today and will deliver ...
I will try and update you all and let you know if anything else happened....
If so I hate to say it but this customer might be a jinx hahahaha
Too bad too he's a hell of a nice guy and doesn't care what the cost is ..I like them like that I can be more creative and just let things flow.
Jeff

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu