Just Wondering

Submitted by Jeff C on 01/27/2004. ( jc2@adelphia.com ) 68.170.133.43

If PETA people have pets? If so what do they feed them? Are they vegetarians? Do the even make dog and cat food without meat? I think its cruel not to feed your pets meat! What do you think?
Jeff C

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

LOL! ROTFL! Excellent Question Jeff!

This response submitted by I Never Thought Of THAT! on 01/27/2004. ( ) 216.183.50.3

I too think it's cruel not to feed your pets meat! Mine definitely get lots of it! About 20yrs ago the dogs even got canned deer meat when I was out of dog food and it was too cold and far to go to town! Once opened, and heated, the meat was soooo good that I was reluctant to feed it to the dogs! :-) My grandmother used to can meat all the time (for human consumption), which is where it came from... It looked 'Gross' in the canning jar, but it was the best stuff you ever set your tongue on! One time she fed our dogs raw hamburger because she said, "haven't you ever craved a little raw meat at one time or another!" Oh, how right she was... Lol! I have no idea if 'vegetarian' pet food is made... Lol! I'm sure its out there for a price to feed the SMALL demand...

Hey now

This response submitted by Jack F on 01/27/2004. ( ) 24.97.78.154

Next time you open a can of that meat make some gravy and put it over some good old boiled spuds and let me know when its done LOL.

I had a dog

This response submitted by Terri on 01/27/2004. ( thaken@chartermi.net ) 66.227.255.226

I had a dog that I just about had trained not to eat, then he up and died on me :)

Steamed vegetables

This response submitted by Superpig on 01/27/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.107

The leader of the PETA organization (well at least at that time)was on the Bill Maher show one night and she said to feed our dogs and cats steamed vegetables such as brocolli. According to her dogs apparently love it. LOL. Even Bill Maher said that she was totally nuts. Yeah I can see my cat and dog eating steamed veggies. NOT.

Please don't call them pets!

This response submitted by Peta SeaBass on 01/27/2004. ( bassluongo@comcast.net ) 24.91.108.111

That's not politically correct anymore. From now on, please refer to them as "animal companions."

JOKING! hahah nice question! I have no idea...whatever the answer is though, I'm sure they have some half-arsed justification...always do..
Another question: Do peta people object to animals killing each other in the wild? I mean i know that sounds like a dumb question, but honestly, what's the difference between a fox eating a rabbit and me eating a deer?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu