Van Dykes

Submitted by mm on 01/30/2004. ( ) 206.157.148.197

Are their forms ok to mount on. Also, the quality. I was thinking of trying the original creations line on a couple of deer. Thanks for any info.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

It depends

This response submitted by Jeff C on 01/30/2004. ( jc2@adelphia.com ) 68.170.133.43

Thats a hard question for anybody to answer. Everybody has their own prefernce. What one person likes another doesnt like. Best thing to do is order a couple and see how YOU like them.
Jeff C

Most of thier forms

This response submitted by b bishop on 01/30/2004. ( ) 65.73.67.210

are fine , some of them are not but very few . All & all I would say they are good. Thier customer service on the other hand...................?

Van Dykes

This response submitted by Tenbears on 01/30/2004. ( ) 205.188.209.16

The original creations, Are their newest forms. They compare with most forms today. The classic forms are of older design, and lack a bit in the definition department. but work well if you use your own creativity. The quality of materials compares with others. Some have recently complained about their service. Personally I have seen no such problem. It use to be when you called in an order they said it will go out today, or tomorrow. Depending on the time of day you called. Orders would be at my door in 5 to 7 days. Now they say your order will be shipped in 5 to seven says. they still arrive at my door in 5 to 7 days. I would guess they have gone to saying it will be shipped in 5 to 7 days to cover their buts. In case a problem should arrive. Most of my invoices have a shipping date within 24 hours of the order date. So you decide on that one. I have however herd that the online orders take a bit longer. but can neither verify or refute that. On the 13 th I ordered almost 100 deer forms, 11 rug shells, 5 half body bears, one full body bear, 20+ fish forms, Various glues, paints, eyes, small mammal forms, panels, thread, ferrules, etc., a large order to say the least. It all arrived on the 19th. Out of 163 Items, 5 were backordered. And have since arrived. I am a fan. I have never had to stand around out of work because of them. I can't say that about other suppliers.

Van Dyke's Forms........

This response submitted by Dave B on 01/30/2004. ( ) 66.227.241.214

. their "Original Crreations" series really are not recent at all. The were bought out from Don Holt several years ago.Some have serious semetry problems,especially with the Mule Deer Forms as well as much of the African. He did something funky to the back of the head with his White Tail series,but most of us simply chop it off. They wouold not be my first choice.
Now the new "Prodigy Series Whitetail" by Jody Green is another story. I believe they are the best on the market. They seriously hit a home run with this series. Try them and you'll be a believer yourself.

All the new Life Size Mamal series sculpted by John Schmidt are also some of the best on the market as well. He's proved it by being the best of the best with his sculptings at both the World Level as well as the National Level. The older stuff.......well,thats another entirely different matter. But I know John has been working hard to update the older stuff as well.

They also have a Black Bear and Caribou line sculpted by Doug Rofers that are 2nd to none as well.

A BIG Hello to Kat and Machell H. from Customer Service as well as Susie Smith,Shawna and Kara and my "Bud" !

Take care,
Dave

Van Dyke's Forms........

This response submitted by Dave B on 01/30/2004. ( ) 66.227.241.214

. their "Original Crreations" series really are not recent at all. The were bought out from Don Holt several years ago.Some have serious semetry problems,especially with the Mule Deer Forms as well as much of the African. He did something funky to the back of the head with his White Tail series,but most of us simply chop it off. They wouold not be my first choice.
Now the new "Prodigy Series Whitetail" by Jody Green is another story. I believe they are the best on the market. They seriously hit a home run with this series. Try them and you'll be a believer yourself.

All the new Life Size Mamal series sculpted by John Schmidt are also some of the best on the market as well. He's proved it by being the best of the best with his sculptings at both the World Level as well as the National Level. The older stuff.......well,thats another entirely different matter. But I know John has been working hard to update the older stuff as well.

They also have a Black Bear and Caribou line sculpted by Doug Rofers that are 2nd to none as well.

A BIG Hello to Kat and Machell H. from Customer Service as well as Susie Smith,Shawna and Kara and my "Bud" !

Take care,
Dave

sorry My bad

This response submitted by Tenbears on 01/31/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.193

Don't know where my head was at. I was thinking of the prodigy series when I answered. Dave is correct The original creations are the ones with the bulb on the back of the head. Other than that they are fine too.

The best

This response submitted by Joe on 01/31/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.106

I mount quite a few elk per season and I only use the best--the new ones at Jonas.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu