How to attach Euro mount to a plaque

Submitted by Paul on 01/28/2004. ( ) 205.188.209.102

Just wondering if anyone could tell me where the screws should be put in at (if that is how you do it). Also my skull was a little pink looking when it came back from the beetle place--is that normal?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Paul

This response submitted by Bojack on 01/28/2004. ( ) 24.204.107.64

I drill about a 1/4 hole right under the hole in the back of the skull (whitetail) in the thick part of the skull. Then put a bolt into the brain cavity head first and push the end of the bolt down through the hole I drilled. I have a hole drilled in the plaque that I push the bolt through. Last tighten with a lock washer and nut.

Did you try the "Search" button first?

This response submitted by George on 01/28/2004. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.208.76

There are a dozen ways listed in there already. Just type in the same title and you'll find them all.

Bondo + wood block

This response submitted by Vicki Chritton-Myers on 01/28/2004. ( ) 66.82.9.14

I bondo a small block of wood into the larger cavity. Run screws into that.

Stainless Steel Wire

This response submitted by Rob on 01/28/2004. ( ) 166.102.221.56

I use 19 gauge stainless steel wire.I loop in through the existing holes, and hide it as much as possible. Where the points of the skull touch the board, I use those small round felt pads that are sticky on one side ( buy them at almost any department store ), drill the board just inside of where the points of the skull would touch, run the wire through the holes and twist together on the backside of the board. The reason for using stainless steel wire is because the regular galvanized wire will break when you twist it together.

thanks for the help

This response submitted by paul on 01/28/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.107

I appreciate all of your help. I did use the search button and found about 2-3 posts actually gave me some insight! Thanks again!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu