Testimonials on e-callers?

Submitted by Doug on 01/28/2004. ( ) 64.18.236.135

I'm doing my homework shopping for an electronic predator caller. I've narrowed the field to 3 makes....foxpro, loudmouth, and Wildlife Technologies. If you have any first hand experience with one of these 3, or know anyone who has, I'd like to hear what you have to say. Thanks.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Doug

This response submitted by Coyote on 01/28/2004. ( coyote@wideopenwest.com ) 69.14.140.92

I have the Foxpro 532 with remote. It's one of the best units I've used. I started out using a Johnny Stewart game caller back in the early 70's when they played 45rpm. records. Then I went to the Hunter's Buddy cassette player. It's a good caller, but at the end of the day, it'll wear you out carrying it. Also the tapes don't play real good when their cold. Another thing I don't like is the idea of having to change tapes, when I want to change sounds. I only use it now for crow hunting. The Foxpro weighs around 1 1/2 lbs. and about the size of a flashlight. I can put it in my game bag, or pocket when I'm walking out or to an area. And Mike Dillon and John will back up their units all the way, and are two of the nicest people you'll want to meet. The Foxpro has excellent sound quality compared to the cassettes. And as for using it in the cold. I've had it out in the weather when it was close to being -20 below (with the wind chill) and it never failed me. Also I carry a few extra batteries with me just in case. My choice would be the Foxpro all the way. But then again, I've never had or use the Loudmouth, or knew anyone that has had one. So I can't say anything about it. Good luck with your choice, and good luck predator and varmint hunting.

Coyote

Try this website

This response submitted by Mike on 01/28/2004. ( Prkguy@aol.com ) 170.224.224.102

You might want to take a look www.predatormasters.com
At that site there are forums that will have information on all the commercial models including details on how to construct your own.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu