How many of you take me too seriously on here?

Submitted by Cecil Baird ( ) 63.115.128.181 on 01/31/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.218

I received a email from someone on that contributes regularly on here telling me I will cause someone to have a heart attack if I keep up with my posts. Do you concur? I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Not a heart attack but!

This response submitted by wetnwild on 01/31/2004. ( ) 24.128.109.191

Only kidding CECIL! I guess some people just take things a little too serious. I know you are mostly funning, and I have never heard you actually insult anybody as of yet. LOL People are just passionate aboput some things sometimes to the point where there skin is just too thin. WQe would be much happier however if you came over to the winning side ( republican), but until then, just keep spouting nonsense, and it makes all us republicabns look that much smarter! LOL

Lets just say...........

This response submitted by Randal R. Waites on 01/31/2004. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 152.163.252.167

Lets just say, that since your post on objective and no critical response posting, (something like that). I have been sitting here biting my tongue, counting to a 100. I try to imagine just what you must be doing mentally and physically when you make a post. I find it hard to understand the character you show in them. I most of the time hope no one shows up at your house, because maybe you just put them over the edge. I would like to think, that with taxidermy being as frustrating as it is, we have tougher skin. But only time will tell, especially if a newbie, just on the scene does not know how to take your post.
Lets just say also, that I don't care for a lot of your post, but I have got by that. I just bite me tongue, count to 1000, and get on with my life. rw

When you see CDB

This response submitted by The Rookie on 01/31/2004. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 152.163.252.167

in the industry forum you never know what to expect. Some truth and some off the wall ideas at times but the big spoon continues to stir the pot. Then theres the other side. Kevin Costner danced with wolves,Cecil talks with fish. Anyway, I've sometimes wondered if an ADHD test might not be beneficial.(LOL) See ya soon! Jeff F.

Find the button and push it

This response submitted by Walt on 01/31/2004. ( ) 63.92.149.9

I think your a hoot, I'm rotf

Hey Cecil

This response submitted by masshole on 01/31/2004. ( ) 64.156.23.132

Hey Cecil,
Kerry is on his way from the "GAY STATE",should give you plenty of material. Not all us massholes are left wing loonies.

What I don't understand is.........

This response submitted by Brian on 01/31/2004. ( brian@almbergtaxidermy.com ) 67.50.234.175

how does this help your business? You come on this forum and agitate many of your peers. And you make no secret of the fact that you love to do it. Quite some time ago, I remember seeing a post about the fish that you raise. I had thought about buying one of those big fat trout from you. But since then, I would never dream of putting money in your pocket for anything. Cecil, think of the people that you upset with your posts. These people are the very ones you share your trade with. How many potential customers do you think you've "turned off"? Is it in your best interest, as a grown businessman, to inundate your peers with your "gottchas" and "made ya look lol's"? The juvenility that you exhibit is sometimes hard to believe. When it comes to dealing with other people; you are everything that I teach my 11 year old son not to be.
I have worried for the health of some on here. My bp has been sky high more than once because of your pablum. And you and I both know that there are guys on here that you just taunt and bait with your posts. What do you think their blood pressure is doing? Do you care?
In a way I feel bad for you, if this is what you have to do to have fun, or feel better about yourself.
Brian

Right on RW

This response submitted by Cathy M. on 01/31/2004. ( wdecor@juno.com ) 166.90.111.229

I agree as my feelings are the same as RW's, I make it a point to refuse to converse about Politic's with anyone, most of all family and friends, there is always a fine line to which you can piss someone off easily, and Politic's and religion are the main too topics. Everyone has their own opinion and beliefs regarding politics, example: I'm a dedicated Republican and my Husband is independent, which he votes for the lesser of the 2 evils on election day, my in-laws are democrats and the rest of my family are split. We never talk about this or try to persuade eachother over to the other side and I think thats how Cecil should conduct his posts or maybe not even write them at all, We all know he's a Democrat and proud of it and thats ok, but he should see that pissing off Republicans is not the answer here. So I'm with you Randall but I'm counting to 1001, LOL. Oh and Cecil, I don't know you and am not attacking you personally, just my opinion about your political posts.

Not a

This response submitted by john on 01/31/2004. ( ) 66.190.41.56

heart attack, just bad gas LOL.

my opinion

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 01/31/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.167

I feel bad when I see all this. I know Cecil has a good name in taxidermy. Many people like the guy, who know him, and Im sure he helps many. But the political stuff USED to be Cecil just playing devils advocate, to bring to light an alternative opinion, even if it wasnt his, to add to the debate. That was fine, by anyones standards. But now, hes gotten on into this silly crap, the "suck you in" posts that only anger people. Trust me, its not worth MY blood pressure, but its within my frame of mind while in the forums. Yes, the topic does still come up in casual conversation with like-minded taxidermists, but its not going to knock anyone dead, I dont think. Its really too bad its gotten to be this way. But, I guess it does illustrate that theres many different types of people out there...and cecil is OUT THERE!

Agree w/ Brian

This response submitted by Gene Plummer on 01/31/2004. ( ) 65.73.74.108

Excellent post Brian. Cecil,it's time to heed some advice. Knock off the crap and grow up.

Cecil

This response submitted by wilson on 01/31/2004. ( ) 198.81.26.46

Remember this is just my opinion;
I'm just a little embarrassed for the democrats this year.
Cecil, you're a little before your time, You're chest thumping time will come after Bush is done with his 8 years; we have no one at this time that can bet miss Clinton.
I think when KEN starts writing your name behind your posts you have gone to far.
hope i don't see that.
Where's my brook trout?

Hate to do it but...

This response submitted by The Rookie on 01/31/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.134

I really have to ask you to stop and reflect for a moment. If you'll look at some of Cecils prime targets, they're people who originated with this site. Does he go overboard sometimes? Perhaps. But do take the time to see the good things he has also done to make very positive contributions in different catogories. I'll not justify his actions but don't skull cleaning questions get kind of boring sometimes. Peace Brother- Jeff F.

Cecil.just so you know

This response submitted by Good guy on 01/31/2004. ( ) 68.248.195.233

I agree with Brian and Glen Plummer. Knock off the crap and keep this a taxidermy site not a political site. Keep your opinions to yourself. We don't care what you think. If all reading this post would ignor what Cecil has to say we would all have more time to get taxidermy work done. And nobody would have to worry about having a heart attack.

What do think Ken?

This response submitted by Cecil Baird ( ) 63.115.128.181 on 01/31/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.245

?

Ya know Cecil,

This response submitted by b bishop on 01/31/2004. ( ) 65.73.67.38

I really dont appreciate taunting post that trigger me to want to call you an idiot and I really don't think anyone else does either . Serious or not , as I told you when you started all this crap , IT"S NOT WORTH IT ! I am not sure what has to happen for you to realise that fact. Do you remember when I used to say what a great guy you were ? I don't suppose you really care but that is my .2 !

Cecil

This response submitted by wilson on 01/31/2004. ( ) 198.81.26.46

When I was younger, I'd ask my dad for his opinion,he'd give it.No I;d say, give me you opinion ;answer was the same,I'd say give me your opinion, answer was the same.
GO figure
KEN in the last month ,did give an opinion.
darn my foot just went in my mouth agin.

another 2 cents

This response submitted by migda's taxidermyl on 01/31/2004. ( ljmigda@hotmail.com ) 208.252.179.30

I tend to agree with cathy m. as i too dont care to talk politics or religion with many others. I dont think, however, that these things cannot be discussed here. But your just asking for strong differances of opion. Most people that i know cannot debate at all, it always turns into a fight. But somehow i get a strong impression thats what your looking for? Personally i think your somehow very bored or lonely. By the way....Go Bush! And thats all the politics i'll discuss! lol

I've already

This response submitted by VPDC on 01/31/2004. ( ) 66.190.41.56

had 5 and the way your pissing me off is reaaly getting on my nerves, OH crap what's the pain in my left si*&%&^$#@(^)

Brian, thanks for the feedback but regarding the following:

This response submitted by Cecil Baird ( ) 63.115.128.181 on 01/31/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.236

"What I don't understand is.........
This response submitted by Brian on 01/31/2004. ( brian@almbergtaxidermy.com ) 67.50.234.175
how does this help your business?"

Apparently it hasn't hurt the fish selling business as I can't keep up with demand, and it seems if I have a good product and I'm dependable on providing that product, then apparently my politics doesn't matter. I just wish I had the capital to put in four or five more ponds vs. just two this spring.

You don't bother me

This response submitted by Vicki Chritton-Myers on 02/01/2004. ( ) 66.82.9.36

I learned long ago to ignore you. =)

Not a heart attack but...

This response submitted by Hogger on 02/01/2004. ( ) 4.7.218.36

Maybe constipation!

Cecil

This response submitted by Brian on 02/01/2004. ( ) 67.50.234.175

Yes, I had reckoned that you were successful and that you probably wouldn't need to sell a single fish here or there to make ends meat. And I must say that I think you are a very talented man.
I was referring more to positive friendships and contacts etc. Of which I'm sure you already have many. I just think that you might be missing out on a few Cecil. And do you need to stop caring about the way others think of you or vice versa once you become successful? I have lots of great friends, contacts, and even some great places to hunt, all because I've treated others the way I'd like them to treat me regardless of their affiliations.
In my estimation, egging people on and knowingly causing them stress for your own enjoyment serves no positive purpose. Life is too short for that kind of bullcrap. Our lives can change like the wind , for good or bad, at anytime.I just think that the purpose of life is how we positivly interact, or try to interact, with others in this big fish tank. And ultimately, that is how we will be remembered.
Sincere continued success to you Cecil.
Brian Almberg

Cecil, I tried to tell you, but you ridiculed the remark

This response submitted by George on 02/01/2004. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.96.134

REMEMBER? When this site began and Bill Yox, John C. and I were the only "regulars", we had a GENTLEMAN'S AGREEMENT that we would keep politics and religion out of our comments as they likely would incite hard feelings. What you've done is create your own macabre game where you take live flies and pull their wings off. It's unbelievable the lack of compassion you've shown here in the last couple of months and I, personally, think that your actions reflect a very sick mentality in your seeming enjoyment of them. Now you have to ask yourself those questions: do you enjoy what your'e doing? If the answer is yes, you don't need to be asking this question on the Taxidermy net, you need to be seeing a psychologist.

Great last post Brian

This response submitted by Randal R. Waites on 02/01/2004. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 152.163.252.167

Your last post was great, never so true, is that statement, when you are gone, what will people say about you.
That sounds like a new thread all on it's own, just useing Cecil,( I know he is alive and well ) just a thought.

I will start:

Well Cecil finally got hooked, and jerked out of the big fish tank today. I am glad it was not a catch and release fisherman.
I guess, I won't be able to say, "He sleeps with the fishes",
must have been quite a fry.

Hmmh... I need to see a psychologist and...

This response submitted by Cecil Baird ( ) 63.115.128.181 on 02/01/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.161

I have no friends because I post about politics and don't espouse your views? You've got to be kidding right? I would think folks like George that has an eternal burr up his butt, and very thin skinned folks that fly off the handle when someone says something they don't agree with, would definitely need some counseling. And don't fall all over yourselves trying to get a bite in! LMAO

See Cecil, You ask opinions and then don't want them

This response submitted by George on 02/01/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.167

Make up your mind. You play with fire and complain about heat. I guess those were just crocodile tears you were shedding when you first wrote this,huh?

I have never taken you seriously, Cecil

This response submitted by Nancy M. on 02/01/2004. ( ) 67.26.95.100

And I stay FAR away from political posts as a matter of personal policy. I don't even LIKE politics .... Yuk! Gag! Eeeeeuuuuuugh!

But, knowing that there are people like you "out there" I will be voting this year, for the first time EVER, BTW, (long story) and it will NOT be for a Democrat! Count on it.

Ya'll carry on. I won't be re-checking this post.

waste of time

This response submitted by adam on 02/03/2004. ( ) 216.152.12.55

when i see that cecil wrote the post, i dont bother reading it because i know it is a BIG waste of time.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu