Comsumer rights honored.......finally(telemarketers)

Submitted by The Rookie on 01/29/2004. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 205.188.209.102

Effective today telemarketers are required to show there name and # on your caller id. No more "unknown" or "out of area" will be legal. This ,of coarse, applies to areas that are equipped with caller id technology. One small step for man. A giant step towards sanity! Jeff F.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Darn, I enjoy the calls.

This response submitted by JOhn C on 01/29/2004. ( ) 66.233.157.155

Ask them if they are naked, if the are playing with *&&^^%^*, when thier supervisor calls do the samething, they will take you off thier call list! What kind of underwear they like, then ask them for thier visa or mastercard number. After just a few eeks of that they will not call you, seems your number is removed for some reason.

Jeff, aren't you on the Do not call list for Indiana?

This response submitted by Cecil Baird on 01/29/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.247

I have no more problems with telemarketers after being put on the list except for the few that fit in the loopholes, but that is very few.

Cecil, you must not have a business line.

This response submitted by George on 01/29/2004. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.252.166

Business lines were exempt from this earlier. I sure hope this one fills the gaps.

You're right George I don't have a business line

This response submitted by Cecil Baird ( ) 63.115.128.181 on 01/29/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.247

that must be it. I refuse to pay more just because I am a business. It's a "let's stick it to the business rip off" in my opinion. Fortunately my phone company is the local small town and if I want to advertise in the yellow pages it is a totally different company so I can get away with this.

You can register a business line!

This response submitted by marty on 01/30/2004. ( ) 67.173.51.16

I did and the telemarketers dropped immensely!

I still get more telemarketers on my business phone vs my home phone (which is also on the do not call list). So it must not take care of everyone. But I think telemarketers see your number on the list (whether business or not) and realize that it's a dead end and remove your number. Just my theory...

'Bout dam time!

This response submitted by Nancy M. on 01/30/2004. ( ) 67.26.82.48

I am SO sick of telemarketers. GRRRRRRRRRRR-R-R-R-R-R

My personal policy is this:
I refuse to do business with any company that uses them. And I tell them that.

If it's one that I have no alternative for, like Qwest, .... um, well, let's just say that all of the bad words and insults that I DON'T put on the taxidermy forums are being saved up for a good cause! <grin>

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu