Contact to ask questions about Canadian customs?

Submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 03/03/2004 at 15:37. ( ) 63.115.128.231

Honest George and John C! I did push the orange George button!

Here's the situation: I have a potential customer in Canada that may want to purchase a frozen deceased largemouth bass (Micropterus salmoides) from me here in the states, but does not know about the legality, potential problems etc. For some of you that may not know, I am a licensed fish farm and have a paper trail.

I'm finding a plethera of information about Canadian customs on the Internet, but most of it is vague or too time consuming to wade through, with no actual phone numbers or emails. Since I'm short on time today I thought maybe someone could save me some time.

Anybody have a phone number or email contact where I can ask someone at Canadian Customs directly what would be required, limitations, costs etc. in my situation?

I already have a contact that will get back to me from the Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Canada, regarding the legality of my transaction, but I need to find out about the customs end of the transaction too.

I did send a survey to the appropriate agencies in Canada in all the provinces about two years ago and never got a response.

Thanks!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

info.

This response submitted by gordon on 03/03/2004 at 15:59. ( ) 142.177.104.168

Cecil, I would suggest your customer in Can. give you his/her local Canada Customs and Revenue Agency phone number. It is in his/her phone book. Here is mine: 1-902-742-0880. It is way on the east cost however. Loooong distance for you perhaps. Best is customer's local number.That way you or him/her will get to talk to someone. This is what I do.

Oherwise, you can try automated custom info for Can. @ 1-800-461-9999. Perhaps you can find a human? Good luck.

According to...

This response submitted by Raven on 03/03/2004 at 16:04. ( ) 24.150.166.254

According to the Ontario MNR rep I "talked" to we can't purchase anything that we also have domestically - so by that if yer potential customer is in Ontario it won't happen. Now you notice I put talked in quotes.... I'm still waiting on a written confirmation of the statement made on the phone and we all know how reliable these phone operators in government offices are.. it may very well be legal...

I don't know if this helps at all.... it's not really the info you asked about...

What happend to free trade Raven? LOL

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 03/03/2004 at 16:16. ( ) 63.115.128.240

Oh, I forgot it's free to everyone else but here in the U.S. No offense meant just joshing a little. I look forward to see what you find out.

Gordon thanks for the info

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 03/03/2004 at 16:25. ( ) 63.115.128.240

I emailed the potential customer requesting the number.

Is it warming up up there yet? I just lost the ice to my ponds, the snow is gone, and it's a balmy 46 out there! Yee Haw!

up there! LOL

This response submitted by gordon on 03/03/2004 at 16:44. ( ) 142.177.104.168

Like Raven has said he's somewhere on the parrallel with California.LOL I'm a little bit lower then Northern Maine here in Southern Nova Scotia.

We have reptiles and plants that are only found in Southern US...we have a all over the place history.

Snow is still on the ground and warming up like you in the 40-50s today. Nice and sunny.

BTW Chain Pickerel which was released here accidentially 40 or so yrs ago has almost wiped out native brook trout! Kid of sucks!

PS. It is so polite here lately.!LOL

up there! LOL

This response submitted by gordon on 03/03/2004 at 16:44. ( ) 142.177.104.168

Like Raven has said he's somewhere on the parrallel with California.LOL I'm a little bit lower then Northern Maine here in Southern Nova Scotia.

We have reptiles and plants that are only found in Southern US...we have a all over the place history.

Snow is still on the ground and warming up like you in the 40-50s today. Nice and sunny.

BTW Chain Pickerel which was released here accidentially 40 or so yrs ago has almost wiped out native brook trout! Kid of sucks!

PS. It is so polite here lately.!LOL

Sorry to hear about the chain pickerel eating the brookies

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 03/03/2004 at 17:06. ( ) 63.115.128.240

You can always come down here and stay for a few days in the fall and help me catch my brookies out of the pond.

I hear yellow perch are spreading in Maine and doing a lot of damage on brookies and there are even Crappies (Calico bass)in Lake Sebago now! What a shame!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu