Need a helping hand for disabled and terminal children

Submitted by Brigid O'Donoghue on 03/01/2004 at 20:02. ( Bio-Tec Research Inc. ) 216.170.153.142

U.S.S.A. will be holding a Wisconsin turkey hunt for up to 36 terminally ill and or disabled children from around the country. The hunt will take place in different locations here in WI on April 2-4 2004.

We at U.S.S.A. have been very overwhelmed by the generosity offered within the taxidermy industry. Every time we need a helping hand for a special child the taxidermist step up to the plate and give generously! If you have submitted your name in the past, yet were not contacted; we have not forgotten you! Either the child didn"t harvest an animal or it was mounted by a taxidermist close to the child"s hunt. Not all children will get a turkey at this hunt, but anyone who contacts me directly will be put on a list and will be contact as soon as we find you a special child.

I have spoken on numerous radio stations throughout this country as well as been interviewed for numerous newspaper and magazine articles. I make it a point to mention how important the role of the ětaxidermistî is in a special hunt. We at U.S.S.A. truly believe that taxidermists are by far leaders in the field of human compassion.

Hunter recruitment is essential to the survival of our sport, and recruiting these special hunters, touches many lives and provides a valuable community service. Our goal at U.S.S.A. is to promote the inseparable links between the right to harvest animals and the rights to keep and bear arms. Thank you and God bless you all!

Sincerely,

Brigid O"Donoghue,
President
U.S.S.A.
Bio-Tec Research, Inc.
Email: biotec@tds.net
(800) 518-8019

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

sounds great

This response submitted by Robert B on 03/01/2004 at 20:29. ( RBJWtaxi@aol ) 152.163.252.167

we ar trying to set something like that here do you have an insurance company that will insure private property to use as hunting ground

Hi Brigid

This response submitted by John Mallien on 03/01/2004 at 21:04. ( ) 66.190.41.56

I will once again be more than happy to do a mount for one of your kids, I'll e-mail you soon. John P.S. anyone else that may think it's a waste of time, or not worth your time wait till you get a picture of your kid smiling like hell with the mount you did for him or her, IT's GREAT!

Robert B.

This response submitted by r stanton on 03/01/2004 at 21:25. ( ) 170.215.201.70

your state may be different, but New York state general obligations law explicitly exempts landowners from liability for injuries incurred by people hunting and fishing, provided they are not paying for the privelege. Of course a lawyer can re-write the law at will, or rather a jury in his hands can, but insurance may not be an absolute necessity, or at least explaining the law in your state (if advantageous) might prove useful for you in negotiating a more favorable premium.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu