ANYONE GOING TO PA CONVENTION?

Submitted by Alan Mason on 03/03/2004 at 16:12. ( ) 63.157.140.105

I'm pretty new to taxidermy and this forum, only posting here a few times but I eagerly veiw the recent posts each day trying to learn as much as I can and I use the "Search" button frequently. I appreciate all the help I've received from those willing to share their advice to everyone using this forum. I'm planning on attending the Pa convention Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and was wondering who on this forum I might run into at the convention. Would be nice to put a face with some of the names and personally thank some of the people that I've learned things from by viewing their posts here.
Alan

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Never been to one yet

This response submitted by Old Man on 03/03/2004 at 16:20. ( ) 63.241.157.113

I am no expert but I would like to attend. Where and when?

God Bless

I'll be there - stop by!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 03/03/2004 at 16:27. ( rittel@mindspring.com ) 207.69.139.146

Stop by my Booth at the show and say hello! Rittels Tanning Supplies plans to be there! It's an excellent show!

It's being held 3/11 to 3/14 in Altoona PA at the Blair County Convention Center.

I'll be there

This response submitted by Derek Bowser (Croc) on 03/03/2004 at 20:02. ( nottiltheygetridofthe#@$hole ) 69.40.132.250

Alan, i'll be ther thursday morning and staying all 3 days, entering my first comp, I'll be the ugly guy with the black leather "aussie" hat on, look me up. hope to see you there, Derek

Ill Be There!

This response submitted by Mike Rohanna on 03/04/2004 at 01:33. ( rohanna@alltel.net ) 67.140.2.144

Ill be there all 3 days as well. Hope to see you guys. Good luck with your mounts!

Ditto

This response submitted by Frank E Kotula on 03/04/2004 at 05:02. ( basswtrout@aol.com ) 172.162.93.123

I'll also be there.

Note to all competitors

This response submitted by Paul Czarnecki on 03/04/2004 at 08:17. ( ) 65.120.101.129

For those entering any taxidermy competitions this spring, please be sure to talk to the judge to get your critique. If it is your first competition it is VITAL that you get your critique. Do not just look at your scoresheet and think you understand everything the judge is saying. The judge can point out so many other things that weren't written on the scoresheet and give you tips on improving your work FIRSTHAND. Think of the critique as the most important part of the competition--its the seminar part where you actually get to learn something.
Lastly, as a judge, competitor and Director I am asking everyone to remember that, by entering a competition, you are asking a judge for his/her opinion. When they give you their opinion (in the form of a scoresheet) please do not get upset, or worse, angry. Nothing spoils a competition room faster than a disgruntled competitor bashing a judge's opinion--an opinion the competitor asked for in the first place. Judges are chosen because they are the best in their particular field and are kind enough to give their time and knowledge to help YOU improve YOUR work. Take their criticism and their tips you recieve in your critique and use them to improve your work for the next time.
Most importantly, HAVE A GOOD TIME!
C ya there!

I should add....

This response submitted by Paul C on 03/04/2004 at 08:32. ( ) 65.120.101.129

I should add that all of the membership, registration and entry forms are available on the PTA website: www.pataxidermy.com
There is a wealth of info that can be gleaned from the website itself but it is nothing compared to what you could learn by coming to the convention itself.
Any one interested in taking the PA Taxidermy exam in April or September should know that there will be the annual Question/Answer Seminar with the Taxidermy Exam Board on Friday.
Finally (really, I promise), we are giving away nearly $18,000 in prize money this year. We have a Competitor's Award just like at the World Show for both Professional and Master and we just opened the competition to ANY competition piece not previously entered in a PTA show--that includes pieces from the Regional, National and World Shows.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu