taxidermy related spoof.

Submitted by Hogger on 03/02/2004 at 04:15. ( ) 4.7.211.157

Recently one of the outfitters in my area prepped and and shipped off two feral sheep heads to the taxidermist he customarily deals with. The heads went via Fed-Ex. Well, the Fed-Ex guy got his wires crossed on the address and sent it to a young woman 2 doors down from ithe taxidermist. When she opened the box and saw the two sheep heads and saw the location they were sent from she freaked. Her father just so happened to be visiting the same area on business and she thought it had to be some kind of Mafia deal where they were trying to extort her or her father. She called her father on his cell and cried to him about the problem. Her father got in a panic and called the FBI. Well soon after the FBI resolved the issue.The father wrote an article in our local paper crying about how his whole family had been traumatized and are still "in fear" even though the situation was cleared up. In his writing you can tell he's just laying the ground work for a lawsuit. This really happened. Why do people turn little things into big things? I know... to sue.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Well

This response submitted by MichelleW on 03/02/2004 at 11:01. ( blacktail21@hotmail.com ) 167.196.169.200

Because they don't have anything better to do! ! ! !

I'd have given a paycheck to have that on film!

This response submitted by Mac on 03/02/2004 at 11:18. ( ) 216.54.8.18

I know it is terrible the woman got "traumatized" but I'd of loved to get her reaction on tape! The only thing that would have made it better is if the sheeps head bleated at her!ROFLMAO
Hey Mistakes happen, maybe she should learn to read before she opens the next package!
Mac

Maybe if

This response submitted by Pipot on 03/02/2004 at 15:07. ( ) 66.245.77.45

If she had received a human severed pennis, she would have being happier.
DumbA***

Hogger thats an easy one

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 03/03/2004 at 09:53. ( ) 209.130.221.98

Because they are maggots, and use (abuse) the same system they complain doesnt work! Thats our new american way. Pipot, yep, them girls all want a pennis? hahahaha!

We call them beaters

This response submitted by Paul I on 03/03/2004 at 18:43. ( paulblastoatyahoo.com ) 209.210.85.146

We call them beaters.These type of people go to home depot buy a drill use it for their project then return it for a refund.Go to other shops and always figure out a way to take advantage of the system.Lots of them here in New York.They smell money in things normal people would laugh about.I hope the outfitter makes out ok but I believe they will sue and some dirtbag lawyer most likley has contacted them already.

Looking from the other way around...

This response submitted by Lance H on 03/03/2004 at 21:59. ( ) 63.147.130.177

You gotta wonder about US? One of us gets a box from UPS or FedEx and we hurry inside to open it up and see if it DOES contain a severed head? We're traumatized when it doesn't. Go figger.

People are basically stupid. They do stupid things, and after reflecting upon all the various mistakes and miscalculations they made along life's pathway that finally culminated in this one fubar event, they immediately begin looking for someone to blame it on and cover any financial losses incurred. For example, take what I saw today.

I deliver mail for Uncle Sam and as I approached one of my customer's houses, I see crap strung from one side of their front yard to the other. Cardboard, plastic bags, and,...oooops! Phone wire, a power supply,. Hey! There's a brand spanking new DSL unit that's been laying in the rain and mud all day. What's left of the original box is lying beneath the mailbox on the front porch, right where the FedEx guy put it not an hour before. These people have a crazy little dog that they keep inside one of those wireless fences, including the area around the front door and porch. To keep Poopsie busy all day, they give him lots of boots, play toys, and junk to chew on and play with. Unfortunately, Poopsie doesn't distinguish between his crap and his master's crap, so parcels containing expensive computer peripherals are on the "to do" list. I saw the FedEx logo and breathed a sigh of relief since these dillrods, despite the fact that the whole thing is their fault because of their stupid dog, will probably demand that the courier pay for damages. And, in case you're wondering, no - I did not pick the debris up and put it out of the dog's reach. He made the mess. It's a lot of damage. And they need to find the disaster in all its original glory. We need a felony stupid law in this country really, really bad.

Seems like

This response submitted by Vicki Chritton-Myers on 03/04/2004 at 12:24. ( ) 66.82.9.23

it is the fault of Fed-Ex for mis-delivery. But, didn't the woman READ who the package was addressed to? Seems she would also be likely to be guilty of opening another person's mail. Imagine what some people would do if they opened up the box and it was full of adult toys? LOL!

Lance, I also delivered mail for the USPS on a rural route a few years ago. We weren't allowed to leave packages anywhere but the mailbox. If it didn't fit, we were to leave a notice, and take it back to the Post Office with us. There were some exceptions, though. People could sign a statement it was ok to leave it on their porch, etc. Otherwise, if I were to leave a package that wouldn't fit in the mailbox, and it was stolen or damaged, I was liable. Same with leaving it at the wrong address.

Seems like

This response submitted by Vicki Chritton-Myers on 03/04/2004 at 12:27. ( ) 66.82.9.23

it is the fault of Fed-Ex for mis-delivery. But, didn't the woman READ who the package was addressed to? Seems she would also be likely to be guilty of opening another person's mail. Imagine what some people would do if they opened up the box and it was full of adult toys? LOL!

Lance, I also delivered mail for the USPS on a rural route a few years ago. We weren't allowed to leave packages anywhere but the mailbox. If it didn't fit, we were to leave a notice, and take it back to the Post Office with us. There were some exceptions, though. People could sign a statement it was ok to leave it on their porch, etc. Otherwise, if I were to leave a package that wouldn't fit in the mailbox, and it was stolen or damaged, I was liable. Same with leaving it at the wrong address.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu