ALL THIS STUFF IN THE NEWS LATELY

Submitted by ETCC on 03/04/2004 at 13:04. ( getrichkwik@webtv.net ) 209.240.205.68

On her radio show recently, Dr Laura Schlesinger said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22,
and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.

The following response is said to be an open letter to Dr. Laura, penned by a US resident, which was
posted on the Internet:

Dear Dr. Laura:
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can.

When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. ...

End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of
mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. The passage clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees'  of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two
different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend).
He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16.

Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your adoring fan,
James M. Kauffman, Ed.D.
Professor Emeritus
Dept. of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education University of Virginia
~ ETCC

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

LOL

This response submitted by gordon on 03/04/2004 at 15:29. ( ) 142.177.103.214

Good stuff. I mean I was doing this guys wild boar! Just called for him to pick it up. LOL This letter has been going around for a while. LOL.

I just love adoring fans

This response submitted by Adoring fan on 03/04/2004 at 18:30. ( ) 69.66.86.5

Dearest Adoring Fan,

I thank you so much for your kind words. And you are very welcome, I don"t educate people about God"s Word just because it is my duty, I enjoy it very much.
As for your questions they can all be summed up quite easily. The OLD TESTAMENT LAWS are not applicable for this (the New Testament) day and age.
The key to understanding this issue is knowing that the Old Testament law was given to the nation of Israel, not to Christians. Some of the laws were to make the Israelites know how to obey and please God (the Ten Commandments for example), some of them were to show them how to worship God (the sacrificial system), some of them were to simply make the Israelites different from other nations (the food and clothing rules). None of the Old Testament law applies to us today. When Jesus died on the cross, He put an end to the Old Testament law (Rom 10:4; Gal 3:23-25; Eph 2:15).
In place of the Old Testament law, we are under the law of Christ (Gal 6:2), which is to, ėLove the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandmentsî (Matt 22:37-40). If we do these two things, we will be fulfilling all that Christ wants for us to do, ėThis is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensomeî (1 John 5:3). Technically, the Ten Commandments are not even applicable to Christians. However, 9 of the Ten Commandments are repeated in the New Testament (all except the command to observe the Sabbath day). Obviously, if we are loving God we won't be worshipping other gods or worshipping idols. If we are loving our neighbor, we won't be murdering them, lying to them committing adultery against them, or coveting what belongs to them. So, we are not under any of the requirements of the Old Testament law. We are to love God and love our neighbors. If we do those two things faithfully, everything else will fall into place.
First, we have to remember what the Bible says about homosexuality. The Bible clearly and consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; Romans 1:26-27; 1Corinthians 6:9). God does not create a person with homosexual desires. A person becomes a homosexual because of sin (Rom 1:24-27), and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person choosing to sin by giving into their sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger / rage, does that make it right for then to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true for homosexuality.
We also have to remember that homosexuality is just as forgivable a sin as all other sins. God"s forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God"s love and desire to save extends to homosexuals (John 3:16; Romans 5:8). God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1Cor 6:11; 2Cor 5:17).
To give sanction to homosexual marriage would be to give approval to that lifestyle, which the Bible clearly and consistently condemns as sinful. I belief the Christians should stand firmly against the idea of gay marriage. Marriage is ordained by God to be between a man and a woman (Genesis 2:21-24; Matthew 19:4-6). Homosexual marriage is a perversion of the institution of marriage and an offense to the God who created marriage. God forbids and condemns homosexuality, so He clearly is opposed to homosexual marriage. As Christians, we are to seek to share the love of God and salvation through Christ with homosexuals. We are to be loving and kind to homosexuals, while at the same time not condoning their sinful lifestyle.

Romans 1:26-27 I Corinthians 6:9 1 Timothy 1:9-10 Jude 7

I am sorry if I confused you using an Old Testament text to express why homosexuality is a sin. I will try to do better in the future.
Thanks again :-)
On behalf of, but neither recognized nor endorsed by Dr. Laura,
Griz

They AREN'T?

This response submitted by George on 03/04/2004 at 21:36. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.208.74

Goodness, a regular theologian in our midst and we didn't know it. Mind telling me where the Ten Commandments are located?

hey.George

This response submitted by Bill Haynes on 03/04/2004 at 23:15. ( ) 216.130.152.51

I think they are in a closet somewhere in Montgomery,Ala.

That's easy...

This response submitted by Griz on 03/04/2004 at 23:16. ( ) 69.66.85.49

Exodus chapter 20 ;-) LOL

Workers of iniquity

This response submitted by Ben on 03/12/2004 at 21:56. ( ) 206.162.214.11

PSALMS 5:5 "The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou
hatest All workers of iniquity."
Proverbs 22:14 " the mouth of strange women is a deep pit:
He that is abhorred (or hated) of the Lord shall fall therein."
Zechariah 8:17 " and let none of you imagine evil in your
hearts against his neighbour: and love no false oath: for
all these are things that I hate. saith the Lord."
Psalms 139:21-24 Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee?
and am not I greived with those that rise up against thee?
I hate them with PERFECT hatred: I count them mine enemies.
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my
thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and
lead me in the way everlasting."

I believe God hates fags, fags will burn in hell, except
they repent,just like anyone else. Read the homosexual
manifesto and you'll see that they want to pervert your
children. The fags have come out of the closet while so-called
christians have gone into the closet to afraid to say anything
because they might offend someone. Pastors don't preach against
sin and if he does the people get rid of him. It's true we are not
under the letter of the law of the old testament, but we are
under the spirit of the law.Read th whole Bible (king james)
and see where homosexuality is wrong read romans 1, jude 7-8
and many other scriptures. If God said it was an abomination
in the old testament then it's still an abomination today.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu