need to make wall mount deer stand by itself

Submitted by thomas on 03/09/2004 at 12:12. ( ) 151.205.59.127

I need to know if anyone has an idea on how to make a wall mount whitetail shoulder mounted deer stand alone as if i was on a pedastal.
I have been asked to display a couple mounts in the local walmart and i want to use a monster buck i already have mounted. the problem is the mounts have to go on top of the gun display cases and i am not really sure how to go about it. there were mounts there before but i didnt pay attention to how they were put up there. I seem to remember some sort of metal bracked attached to the back of the mount. If anyone has any suggestions on how or what to use I would really appreaciate the help and suggestions. thank you.....Thomas

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

It would be a good idea

This response submitted by buzzi cook on 03/09/2004 at 13:33. ( olytax@aol.com ) 198.81.26.46

to get a written LOAN AGREEMENT with the store manager's signature attached stating exactly what you are loaning them, and how long they are to be displayed and where, and also a statement to the effect that if the store is sold, if they move, etc. you are to be notified of these changes so you can recover your wares...just a great suggestion.....but you probably already thought about this I'm sure.

Pedastal

This response submitted by Vic on 03/09/2004 at 18:09. ( ) 209.83.14.146

Was just there this weekend and saw what someone else did. They had a nice square (wouldn't have to be) oak base that would have to be filled with something heavy to hold the deer. Then there was a piece of oak about the size of a 2x4 attached to one side of the base, with the other attached to a oak panel that the mount was on. Hope this helps.

;ka

This response submitted by lkj; on 03/09/2004 at 20:57. ( ) 206.29.124.17

kljal

Depends on District Manager

This response submitted by Elmer on 03/09/2004 at 23:02. ( Tops ) 152.163.252.166

Just pulled mine out of walmart stated Walmart policy not to have them they have a new district manager and he said it was against walmart policy so I guess it depends if you have someone in your area that likes the outdoors and enforces the rule or not. Was kind of glad it is a pain to have them there have to check them all the time keep the workers from getting the christmas spirit on your deer with bows and bells etc. Then you have the inconsiderate customers that want to mess with them. So good luc. As for the pedestal make a base and make it a floor model that will stand on its own.

Wouldn't do it!

This response submitted by Hoop on 03/10/2004 at 20:54. ( ) 64.12.116.205

If you put your mounts at eye level, some butthead, anti, kids etc. will surely damage it! At our Wal-Mart, our mounts are behind the counter, about 8 feet up! I could just see someone cracking an eye, taking a knife and doing art work on it. Just use your imagination.

thanks

This response submitted by thomas on 03/12/2004 at 00:34. ( ) 151.205.59.127

thanks for all the help and suggestions. the place my mounts are going is on top of the round gun displays up in the air away from antis, kids and the like. I will make sure i get a loan aggreament signed before i place anything there. thanks all

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu