NTA and CA, I don't understand

Submitted by Jeanette Hall on 03/12/2004 at 14:48. ( eagle93245@yahoo.com ) 198.81.26.77

Could someone please explain to my why a state would not wish to be a part of the NTA? I was thinking of bringing this matter up at the meeting next week at the state show. It seems to me that we could only benefit from it. I know CA is quirky, but I am hoping someone will have an answer for me before I bring it up at the meeting.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

hehehe

This response submitted by cat member on 03/12/2004 at 15:34. ( ) 132.241.192.214

I'm sure the archives covers it well (and Tony will probably respond), but from past discussions at the show...

we don't want someone (the NTA) forcing people that either do not want to join (ie- already have award of excellence OR don't give a rat's behind about the NTA), or can't afford it...

And this is my opinion: Not to mention how often the convention is out "west". The NTA is a "southern" organization with "southern" attitudes.

why doesn't the NTA force it's members to join their respective state organizations? Same arguments they use can apply there as well!

I'm sure CAT would love to be an affiliated state, but I'm sure that they don't want to be treated like someone's PAWN and told how to act and what to do. And it isn't just CA that is telling the NTA to stick it where the sun don't shine.

Jeanette

This response submitted by Ken R. Walker on 03/12/2004 at 15:54. ( () ) 161.184.205.98

Don`t get into this debate.Join both and enjoy what they have to offer.I know you`re a southern gal and this northern fella likes your attitude.But this debate can get out of hand fast!

Take Ken's advice

This response submitted by Superpig on 03/12/2004 at 16:54. ( ) 198.81.26.46

Don't open this can of worms back up again. No good can come from it trust me. Do like Ken says and enjoy both organizations. You can never get that many people to agree on one thing anyway. See ya in Alabama.

Jeanette

This response submitted by Tony Finazzo on 03/12/2004 at 19:13. ( finazducks@aol.com ) 198.81.26.46

I will discuss this with you at the convention for as long as you like. We would love to be affiliated,but there is more to it than meets the eye. The reasons the HE HE anonymous cat member gave are what some of what individual people may think, but There is only one reason for me and that is that we would lose too many of our members by doing it. We still have more NTA members than most of the affiliated states. Evelyln and Ken have given you some good advice. It's a big can of worms and doesn't need to be hashed out here again
Thanks
Tony

Sorry I asked!

This response submitted by Jeanette on 03/12/2004 at 19:43. ( ) 198.81.26.46

Yikers! OK, I was not expecting THAT! I hit the orange button a lot, but I didn't think that this subject would be covered. I see I have some reading up to do. Should make for an interesting bedtime story....

By the way, HEHE, I would like to make it quite clear that I AM A SOUTHERN girl. Whatever this steriotype of a "Southerner" it is that you harbor, I seriously hope you reconsider it- and not on my account. I am a born and bred Tennessee woman. Just because I moved to CA doesn't mean I claim this state. My first 23 years were spent in TN and my entire family lives there. I go back 2 x a year and always dread coming back to the land of the insane. I wonder if my heritage as a proud (but misplaced) Southerner will change your opinion of me? Hmmmmmm........

Ken and SP, thanks for the advice. I had no idea I bit off more than even I could chew. Hopefully no one else will respond to the post! See you both in Bama!

Tony, I would love to discuss this matter with you at the show, as the subjet interests me. See you next week!

Hey Jeanette

This response submitted by Tony Finazzo on 03/12/2004 at 22:43. ( finazducks@aol.com ) 198.81.26.46

Just because there are many Liberals in Ca. doesn't mean the taxidermist are. Before you get too hard on Ca. there must be a reason you are here? We have a whole bunch of folks here that try to live like they are in the place they came from. I know you don't fit that catagory, but I've been all around this great country and I've yet to find a place I'd rather live. We are all free to live where we want. I don't see how people live in a place that makes them miserable.
Tony

Oh Tony!

This response submitted by Jeanette on 03/13/2004 at 13:04. ( ) 198.81.26.46

As seen so often on this forum, especially people who do not know me personally, I have a VERY dry sense of humor- much like Yoxie. I wrote my "southern reply" with a smile. Since people cannot see my expressions behind this computer screen, they take what I write to be the first thing that comes to mind- Jeanette is a B$%&#. I do not like CA for many, many reasons, it is true. Antis, no lion hunting, the ultra liberals, the list could go on for days. There are a lot of things I love about CA, too believe it or not. I love the weather, I love my mountains, the hunting is pretty good, and of course we have be best state association in the nation! Tony, please don't take me too seroiusly. BTW, I did a lot of reading on the subject I posted on and found many of the posts to be written by you. WHAT A MESS! It seems to me both sides have major problems and that they are letting a few bad apples ruin things for the rest of us. It was not a good bedtime story at all!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu