NTA

Submitted by Paul Smith on 03/11/2004 at 23:36. ( paulbunyanjr@hotmail.com ) 209.214.101.201

I have called and spoke with ms.Crain,on three occasions but still have not gotten anything from the nta or the alabama assc. I dont feel that this is a good way to do business with members. When i called the sec. for Al , they didnt even have my address which was supposed to have been forwarded. I have paid my dues in full the money has been pulled from my acct. and nothing. This was back in Jan., its now mid way through March and guess what still nothing.
And I bet that it wont get credited toward next years dues either.
With all the computers and programs available these days why the problem? And dont tell me its not cost effective.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

no Paul, its a scam, actually

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 03/12/2004 at 01:25. ( ) 209.130.138.252

Yep, with all those people involved with the NTA, they still manage to steal money from unsuspecting cats like yourself, right out in the open, but you being the clever devil you are, smelled that rat!

Honestly, the NTA is a busy office belonging to Cindy, and Im sure she will get you squared away. Shes pretty darned good at getting things righted. Try to give her and them the benefit of the doubt, rather then the silly thought that theyd steal from you...

oh no mr bill

This response submitted by Paul Smith on 03/12/2004 at 08:03. ( ) 209.214.100.74

I dont think they stole from me I just feel that 3 months plus sure is a long time to process anything. You can send a snail mail package to Alaska from south Fla. in one week. So its not the postal system for say. If Cindy is backed up that far then possibily she needs some more help in the office. It is also my understanding that the dues run from jan. to dec. There fore my statement.

Paul, something's not right here

This response submitted by George on 03/12/2004 at 08:50. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.114.18

IF you talked to Cindy Crain and asked her directly for ANYTHING, I'll bet what little reputation I have that she took care of it IMMEDIATELY. Cindy is a one girl show for the NTA working in a office no bigger than some of your bathrooms. It's not in a marbled brick building with a neatly trimed lawn and a sidewalk. It's in her home and she does nothing short of a phenominal job for all 2000 plus members simply because she NEVER puts anything on a back burner. She handles it as it comes in.

Now I don't know what you asked of her and I certainly can't speak for the Alabama association, but I know whatever it was simply was not her fault. Give her a call again. The NTA has a new toll free number and it won't even cost you the price of a long distance call. The number is 866-662-5094. And if I'm wrong in anything I've just said, email me and I'll post a separate public apology.

I've contacted MS. CRAIN

This response submitted by buzzi cook on 03/12/2004 at 12:24. ( olytax@aol.com ) 198.81.26.46

several times this past week, by both email and phone conversation. She has never put me off on any question or problem that I had. She did nothing but take care of the situation right then and there.

You being a licensed taxidermist, and a professional one at that, have never been so busy at any time during the year that you had to put something on the back burner for a few hours....of course not. I'll bet none of your clients ever felt left out or displeased with your production time. Please give her the benefit of the doubt about their work load and schedule at the time you call. Who knows....maybe she called Al Holmes (the alabama secretary ?) and is trying to coordinate the whole thing with them.....who knows?

NTA's Cindi

This response submitted by Richard C on 03/12/2004 at 16:34. ( ) 65.227.248.30

Everytime I have had to call for information or with questions Cindi is MORE than helpful. If she don't have the answer she will research it and get back to me in usually one day, if i need something in the mail i have it within a week.
Something don't jive here and it ain't Jessie Jackson .

About Alabama

This response submitted by earl on 03/12/2004 at 20:58. ( ) 65.230.40.156

They are good folks. You do have to keep on them though. I go through it every year. I also know that Joyce is a volunteer, something that most would not do. She also works a fulltime job and helps in the meat packing during deer season. She is helpful and nice, just keep talking to her and things will get fixed.

NTA

This response submitted by Cindy Crain on 03/13/2004 at 10:42. ( Ntahq@aol.com ) 64.12.116.205

Hey Paul:

I am at the NASCAR race in Atlanta and stopped in the AOL trailer to reference the websites...I spoke with your wife and we found that your address was missing two numbers at the end. I personally mailed your packet three times...Please let me know if you do not receive this third mailing. I promise you to get it right...even if we have to use Federal Express.

That's our Cindy

This response submitted by George on 03/13/2004 at 14:33. ( ) 152.163.252.166

Now we all know where the real problem was. Case closed. LOL

I didnt get nothing

This response submitted by Paul Smith on 03/13/2004 at 21:35. ( ) 209.214.100.109

I know you and I spoke on several occasions, Im not on here to blast anyone especially the nta. I was curious if this was normal procedure?
I to date have not recieved ANYTHING from Alabama or the NTA. I spoke with Joyce Husband and he told me it would be a few days. Im good with that.
I remember a few months back another taxidermist had a hard time with his package also.
I will admit when I first post this message I was a lil hot under the collar so I i upset anyone,I appolgize. Ms cindy if you have time please contact me by phone or email so we can get this straight. Thank you

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu