National Geographic

Submitted by Danial on 03/15/2004 at 05:40. ( cindy@nex.net.au ) 203.220.90.85

Just read my March mag. I've had a subscription the past 20 years but have had about enough of there social engineering. There are two storys this month, "Murder most beastly" and one on harp seals that really got my goat. In the first story they tell of hunters killing black bears in national parks and just taking the gall bladder, they purposely do not explain the diffences between a hunter and a wild life thief, to the average person it would seem they mean all hunters are doing these things, when in realility they are common criminals. The harp seal story is as bad and just as emotive. I will be sending my mag back with a letter. If anyone else has read it let me know what you thought of the stories. I have also recently seen a National Geographics funded program on cable TV, the funding was given to a bloke too make a short film about his anti-duck hunting activities, I did not get which state it was filmed in or which year, but here in Victoria Australia, they would of been funding him to break the law, as it is illegal for a non hunter to enter the swamps with the intention to harass hunters or their quarry, I was also very annoyed that my subscription money was being used in such a manner, and will be telling them so.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu