PA Show

Submitted by Patrick Rummans on 03/15/2004 at 19:25. ( birdspec@lewistown.net ) 206.127.86.188

Just got home from the PA show, and wanted to say thanks again to all who worked so hard to put such a HUGE show together! It was incredibly well done, organized and a tribute to the taxidermists in PA. You guys ROCK!
I attended on the spur of the moment and was so very glad I did -- it's been since 1999 that I've competed and since 1989 since I've been to PA so it was really nice to see some old friends, and make some new ones. I was truly over-whelmed by the honors bestowed on the pieces I entered. It has reminded me of how these competitions are designed to inspire and teach and bring us all together in a more cohesive group of individuals who love what we do. There will always be highs and lows in competition -- it's the nature of the beast that we all get bit now and then. But if you're doing this because you love what it feels like to CREATE, and you're inspired by the passion that drives you to be a taxidermist, then a little nip, or a big bite isn't going to stop you. Not even a little bit. In the end it's all about the joy of creating isn't it? We do this because nothing makes us happier, and the very fact that we can get so emotional about our work is simply more proof of that passion! In the end it's not about ribbons or awards or even money. It's about waking up and knowing that we have this amazing ability with our eyes and hands and hearts to create something beautiful. I think that's just about the most amazing gift you could wish for!

Cheers to you all!

Patrick

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Well said

This response submitted by Vicki Chritton-Myers on 03/15/2004 at 19:35. ( myers.ark@direcway.com ) 66.82.9.44

We artists often take for granted our God-given talent. Thanks for the reminder of what a great gift we have been given! =)

WERDDDDDD!

This response submitted by Rich on 03/15/2004 at 19:43. ( ) 24.175.235.224

Hey Pat,just as you were logging in ,I was asking the big Q to Paul C ! So that now your back ,what did you enter ? You know ,Give us all the nasty details ! thanks RICH

So tell us more

This response submitted by DaveT on 03/15/2004 at 19:43. ( ) 66.109.131.154

Come on now Pat tell us more. I heard you did really good... details please. Glad to see a state org doing so well!

DaveT

You Rock Pat!

This response submitted by woodchick on 03/15/2004 at 19:56. ( ) 64.12.116.206

I just wanted to let y'all know that Patrick Rummans had some unbelievably wonderful mounts of such colorful birds. It was a pleasure to see these beutiful pieces of art in person. The PTA did put on a fantastic show that was bigger and better than last year.I feel very lucky to have gone to the PTA show for 3 years now and have the opportunity to be in the midst of some of the worlds best! I want to thank all who attended and participated and all that organized this wonderful show. I can't wait till next year!
Felicia

You Rock Pat!

This response submitted by woodchick on 03/15/2004 at 19:58. ( ) 64.12.116.206

I just wanted to let y'all know that Patrick Rummans had some unbelievably wonderful mounts of such colorful birds. It was a pleasure to see these beutiful pieces of art in person. The PTA did put on a fantastic show that was bigger and better than last year.I feel very lucky to have gone to the PTA show for 3 years now and have the opportunity to be in the midst of some of the worlds best! I want to thank all who attended and participated and all that organized this wonderful show. I can't wait till next year!
Felicia

oh by the way ! Mike Rohanna (reigning world champion) put in two fantastic mounts and took a slew of awards! You deserve it Mike ! well done!

Loved the show and the mounts!

This response submitted by TJ on 03/15/2004 at 21:55. ( ) 205.201.41.151

This was my first show and I loved it! The mounts were great, seminars very informative and got some great deals from the suppliers!
Patrick, I've never met you, but your birds were awesome, if I was half as good I'd be happy :) You're truly an inspiration.
I wish I would have entered a piece in the show, time restraints (parents can only watch the kids so long without going insane lol) and a bit of nervousness about competing kept me from entering..but next year I'm definetly going to...Probably still amatuer..but what the heck..
Can't wait til next year! :)
TJ

Thanks Woodchick!

This response submitted by Mike Rohanna on 03/15/2004 at 23:33. ( rohanna@alltel.net ) 67.140.11.36

Thanks Felicia, you did pretty awesome yourself sweetheart! Mary and I always have a great time getting together with you and Don, Ray and Kim, Hilton and Cathy, Mark and Linda, Tim and Connie, Carl and Rosemary, Dan and Tammy, and our many other friends...old and new. Thats the best part of the show!
Pats birds were awesome. He deserved every cent! Congrats Pat!
Take Care,
Mike R

Wow

This response submitted by Patrick Rummans on 03/16/2004 at 10:54. ( birdspec@lewistown.net ) 206.127.86.188

Thanks so much you guys! It's so great to see all of you so excited about competing next year -- especially the newcomers to competition! I still remember my first show and how over-whelmed I was by what could be done with taxidermy...I'd never imagined there could be so many talented people. The best of it was that they were all so helpful and encouraging. I was so inspired by the different perspectives and representations! Same applies now, and I have some great new ideas based on what I saw at the PA show. Every person I meet is my superior in some way, and because of that I have the opportunity to learn from them. How great is it that we can give and receive at the same time?
Oh, I listed the awards in the "Patrick Rummans" post.

cheers!

Patrick

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu