Now I see why

Submitted by scott on 03/16/2004 at 22:36. ( ) 64.39.203.185

Everyone gets mad at the same posts everyday. I have done everything from saying this but why is it everyday I see the same posts by different people asking things that have been answered 1000 times?From salting to how long to which is the best tan to how to skin a head out etc.I can see why there is so many posts that say use the orange button.There can't be that many new taxi's here.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

I believe there are lots of new ones

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 03/16/2004 at 22:50. ( ) 63.115.128.226

If you knew how may new people get on here in a day I'll bet you would be surprised.

You get beginners popping in.

This response submitted by JOhn C on 03/16/2004 at 23:23. ( ) 66.233.157.155

BUt instead of doing a little bit of research, reading the rules, clicking on buttons or links, they are so over come thier brains explode and they forget how to do thier own reseach.

So instead of readin a little bit,
ITS EASIER JUST TO ASK THE QUESTION AGAIN.

I am seeing many questions go unanswered or with just one or two post to the question.

I have quit answering many, my reason is if they are to lazy to read and look it up in the archives they dont really want the answer!

Another thing

This response submitted by Tenbears on 03/17/2004 at 01:06. ( ) 205.188.209.10

If someone comes here through a search, they go to a specific post. If you Have aol Type Skinning a fox. And do a search. Try that it will open your eyes. The first response you see will bring you to a taxidermy net post. once in there is a link that says return to menu when this is clicked it takes you to the menu of the category the original post was made in. However There is no Taxidermy.Net FORUM categories OR search button to the left. Viewers can participate in that category, and make new posts. but have no idea of the forum rules, The Search feature, or even the other categories available. So to those who are familiar with the forum. It seems as the individual is being lazy. Often they have no idea why others are being so rude, of impatient with their questions. It is a matter of perception we perceive them as foolish, lazy, or unmotivated. and they perceive us as grumpy old grouches who just want to ridicule beginners. In reality neither actually sees things with a clear view.

I have a suggestion

This response submitted by Tony Finazzo on 03/17/2004 at 10:54. ( finazducks@aol.com ) 198.81.26.46

If you want to respond to a question, DO IT if you don't DON'T and yes I was shouting. Too many posts about not searching first. Hurray for Ten Bears There are reasons for everything
Tony

Well

This response submitted by scott on 03/17/2004 at 14:24. ( ) 64.39.203.193

I am tired of wading thru all the crap!

Suggestion for search

This response submitted by different Scott on 03/17/2004 at 14:37. ( ) 63.193.177.130

It would be nice to be able to search by category. For example, if I want to look to see what a desert sheep cape went for, I could search just in the "for sale" category to see what people usually ask for them. Otherwise, if I do a search on desert sheep, I end up with hundreds of how to postings. If I want a how to, I often end up with a lot of for sale or wanted postings. It would be easier if we could search by category or have the option of clicking on search all categories. Since postings are put up by category, it should be easy to keep them separated when doing a search. Just a suggestion.

Tenbears

This response submitted by Ken Edwards on 03/17/2004 at 15:09. ( ken@taxidermy.net ) 67.140.192.127

Tenbears, we have just implemented a new feature that should address the problem you described. Now, when someone gains access to the Forums through a search engine and clicks on "Return to Category Menu", they have an option at the top of the page if they do not see the Forum Category buttons on the left. Hopefully, this will help show people the way to the "front door". Thanks.

Scott

This response submitted by Ken Edwards on 03/17/2004 at 15:16. ( ken@taxidermy.net ) 67.140.192.127

Scott, thank you for your suggestion. Messages submitted to the "For Sale" and "Wanted" categories are not added to the "Search" feature, as they only remain in the system for about two weeks. If you find any "For Sale" type messages in the search, they were probably placed in the discussion categories by mistake.

Yep!

This response submitted by Wally on 03/18/2004 at 11:23. ( muthagoose@hotmail.com ) 216.70.5.30

Well anyway HUGE thanks for all ken..Many wouldnt have a clue if it wasnt for this site and all it brings to us... .,..Thanks

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu