Altering bobcat form pricing

Submitted by Jim on 03/18/2004 at 16:03. ( ) 68.89.232.143

When pricing for animals in basic poses BUT the form available will need to be enlarged, how are yall pricing. Typically I give a price for a bobcat (X$'s), folks bring it in frozen. Then since I have given a quote there is no compensation for extra adjustments. Should I price all cats the same with the expecatation that over time it will "come out in the wash" ?

Jim J.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Always

This response submitted by Wally on 03/18/2004 at 18:03. ( wpttaxidermy@hotmail.com ) 216.70.5.41

Any extra work is bench time and charged at bench rate..Havent found a single cleint that minded ,,,I know some do it for free..Dont know how or why ..

same price

This response submitted by Travis on 03/18/2004 at 18:12. ( ) 68.102.253.173

When I do cats for customers I shoot them 2 prices---one for a laying down pose with no base, and one for a cat with a base...alterations have just become part of the game anymore so that`s included in my price from the get go...should I not have to alter the manikin then good for me....plus you don`t have to listen to them complain a year later when they say "you did Joe blows 200 cheaper than mine"...

cats---form alterations

This response submitted by Aaron Honeycutt on 03/19/2004 at 00:20. ( mhoneyATmindspring.com ) 207.69.0.152

Jim, I hardly ever do a bobcat that I don't have to change something to get a fit. Our cats have a trimmer waist than any forms I've found and the legs are usually too heavy on the mannikins. My price takes into consideration that I might have to shorten a bit or raise a foot. When it comes to involved changes I charge more but otherwise it's already figured in.-Aaron H.

all size alterations are included

This response submitted by BUZZI COOK on 03/19/2004 at 19:44. ( OLYTAX@AOL.COM ) 198.81.26.46

the price.....you can't control whether or not the trophy they bring in will fit a form or not...BUT to alter a form for special positioning is charged at $55.00 per hour spent.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu