Guns R' Fun

Submitted by Country Boy on 03/19/2004 at 13:39. ( ) 24.50.159.248

You crazy hicks are entertaining. First time I've been here, but the page is now in my favorites list. I read the entire gun control debate and I think you all have the right idea...besides that dude who is for banning "assault" rifles (cecil?). I shoot guns every Friday and Saturday. I own no guns myself but love shooting my friends SKS and police issue sawed off shotgun. I'm very safe with guns and extremely careful handling them around other people. Guns are fun. Guns are legal. How 'bout we keep it that way.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

guns

This response submitted by Big Dog on 03/19/2004 at 14:14. ( ) 207.177.56.42

I agree with you, but assault rifles have no cause. You cant use them when you hunt (at least not in Missouri) and it is fun to shoot them but people also use them in bank robberies,murders,etc. I agree with whoever it was who said we should ban assault rifles.

People use...

This response submitted by Raven on 03/19/2004 at 14:20. ( ) 216.221.81.98

People use knives in hold ups and robberies - so should they ban those as well? Anything can be harmful if thats what it's user intends it to be used for. Airplanes and box cutting knives are not intended to be weapons - but we all know how that played out right? Assault weapons are only dangerous when used in a dangerous way. I've never had the pleasure of using one (Canada here) but DAMN do I wanna!

Great job, Raven

This response submitted by George on 03/19/2004 at 14:24. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.148

American hunters know the enemy well. He's usually US. When ANY gun owner belittles another's legal methods, he becomes a de facto supporter of the anti-gun sentiments. Ain't no gray areas on that, for sure.

anti-gun supporter?

This response submitted by Big Dog on 03/19/2004 at 14:32. ( ) 207.177.56.42

i am not an anti- gun supporter. I have hunted for 10 years and i have always stood up for gun owners rights. But I dont see a use for assault rifles except for military uses. and the knife and box cutter i agree i could hijack a plain with a piece of glass if i wanted to but i dont. I am not trying to be a jerk, i am just stating my opinion about assault rifles. Oh and by the way i am from the great USA.

2nd amend

This response submitted by Sean S on 03/19/2004 at 14:42. ( ) 209.237.13.108

I assure you, the 2nd amendment was not conceived and written with hunters in mind.

Big Dog, you argue with yourself

This response submitted by bill on 03/19/2004 at 15:00. ( ) 66.250.5.14

Your whole statement contradicts itself. You can not stand up for gun owners rights AND be against ownership of a specific firearm. In the modern times we live in I see no use for black powder rifles, should we ban them also? What is great about this Country is you have the right to express your opinion, and I do respect your opinion, at the same time I respectfully and whole-heartedly DISAGREE with your opinion. Our Government, to make a point and get publicity, overtook a compound not far from me in Waco, Tx and MURDERED those people AND their children, all in the name of "owning too many assault rifles and ammunition". I do not agree with what those people believed in, and if he was abusing/molesting the children they had ample opportunities to apprehend him when he went to town. Find some proof, you won't...only accusations. I know this was way off the subject but I am reminded of it everytime someone talks about banning assault rifles.

PS. My dad was one of the agents involved, he has since retired and to this day is riddled with guilt over what they did to those people. That experience has taken the place of his memories of Vietnam.

Assualt rifles at one time flintlocks were assault rifles

This response submitted by JOhn C on 03/19/2004 at 15:26. ( ) 66.233.157.155

What do you mean no purpose, SKS AKS have toones of porpose they are not any different than any other semi automatic. Ammo is cheap and they are great for plinking and target shooting. Not only that you can shoot coyotes and deer with them.

Assault rifles could be anything from a black powder rifle to a zip gun.

Bigdog you are pretty much anti gun. You and Brian Johnson need to go play on the yellow line of a busy two lane highway.

Big Dog...

This response submitted by Raven on 03/19/2004 at 16:08. ( ) 216.221.81.98

You said above... "But I dont see a use for assault rifles except for military uses". Who says it NEEDS a purpose? Just shooting them IS the purpose. Recreational shooting. Like John said - plinking is great fun but heck - I'd love to bust off a full clip into a safe backstop simply for the feel of busting off that clip on full auto... Some of the people I work with can't understand WHY I like guns.. so I use the analogy; Do you ever have the urge to just some sunny Sunday afternoon go for a drive for no other purpose than to just be behind the wheel of your car and cruise? Not that you have to go anywhere or do anything - it's just enjoyable for them to bond with their machine so to speak. So when I go grab 100 Federals from Wal-Mart and a box of clays... it's not about 'honing my skills for duck season' or 'training for the next shooting tournament'... it's very simply about me and my gun coming together as one. I love the feel of its recoil coursing through my body, I love the almost instinctual reloading of 3 more rounds, I love the smooth action as my 12 comes from my side to my shoulder in one fluid movement. You could say as you did above that it has no purpose, but the enjoyment that it brings me to enjoy spending some time in the field with a buddy and our guns, be they 22's, 12 gauges or maybe if Im lucky, someday an M16... I would say is one of the best damn reasons I can ever think of.

Ok

This response submitted by Big Dog on 03/19/2004 at 17:25. ( ) 207.177.56.32

i am sorry i ruffled so many feathers when i said that, i respect everybodys opinions and i agree with Raven, it is fun to shoot guns and i see why all of you have stood up for the second amendment. Just for your information i own 23 rifles,5 shotguns,and 6 pistols all of which i shoot regularly. All i was saying is that I dont see the need for assault rifles, we all have different opinions. The reason why i said that is partially because of a local shooting that happend 18 miles from my house and partially because of the Waco, Texas incident.
Like i said earlier i apologize for ruffling so many feathers.

Big Dog

This response submitted by George on 03/19/2004 at 18:30. ( ) 205.188.116.148

You really ARE a contradiction of terms. You say you don't like assault weapons, yet you own enough for a third world country take over. How did "assault" come into this? You can be assaulted with a knife. Sarah Brady insists that any autoloading gun is an assault weapon. My Browning BAR .243, by Remington 11-87's, my Bennelli's, and even my Ruger 10-22 are "assault weapons". Be VERY careful of the slippery slope you're treading on. We have those people coming on this site all the time, now they have YOUR name to add to "another gun owner who agrees with our position". They can't beat us together so they use people like you who are usually with us, to be an example against us. I don't have an SKS or AK47 either, but that's MY CHOICE, not Sarah Brady's.

Have they stopped drugs?

This response submitted by Paul I on 03/19/2004 at 19:07. ( paulblastoatyahoo.com ) 209.210.32.102

When they can stop the drug trade I will beleive in them.The only ones affected are law abiding people.New York has some of the toughest guns laws but if you have cash you can buy whatever or whoever you want.The surveys show no slow down in crime after the ban.Until we fix the inner city problems crime will not go away.So lets keep the guns in the hands of good people who would defend you in bad times.

good

This response submitted by Big Dog on 03/19/2004 at 20:08. ( ) 207.177.56.75

I just want you all to know that i am not against you. I am in the same boat as all of you, i have dealed with many anti-hunters, anti-trappers, and anti-gun owners. i will always support my fellow hunters,trappers,and gun owners. oh and by the way only 6 of my guns are automatic or semi-automatic.

LOL Big Dog

This response submitted by George on 03/19/2004 at 23:03. ( ) 64.12.116.80

Now if they'd just let me get the large capacity magazines. LMAO.

yep

This response submitted by Big Dog on 03/19/2004 at 23:06. ( ) 207.177.56.65

i agree

Big Dog let me tell you how it is on here

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 03/20/2004 at 00:06. ( ) 63.115.128.150

if you have a major difference of opinion on here you will be ganged up on and insulted. You havn't been called a moron yet but it's coming if you persist. That's the way it works on here. They're right and you're wrong and it's hard to get a word in. LOL

ok

This response submitted by Big Dog on 03/20/2004 at 13:43. ( ) 207.177.56.37

thanks for the information Cecil, i have seen what people can do on here so i am just gonna keep my opinions to myself unless others see it my way.

Big Dog

This response submitted by Paul I on 03/20/2004 at 17:04. ( paulblastoatyahoo.com ) 209.210.35.9

Hey Big Dog are you the taxi from out west? I think we did a trade on ebay when you first started selling there.If thats you I think your bird mounts are fantastic.Once these fine people get to know you it will be smooth sailing here.Just avoid politics,gun control,and religion and your golden.

Be careful with Cecil, Big Dog

This response submitted by George on 03/20/2004 at 18:02. ( ) 64.12.116.80

If I recall, HE stated that the second Amendment was never intended to protect individual rights, rather collective ones and that only police and military people should be allowed guns. You and I obviously disagree with HIS position as well.

As usual George you memory is inaccurate but

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 03/20/2004 at 18:52. ( ) 63.115.128.198

it's not worth arguing about.

Full Auto SMG

This response submitted by Richie on 03/20/2004 at 20:50. ( ribjr@webtv.net ) 209.240.205.61

You know under the rules and regs anyone not in Felony conditions has the right to apply to the BATF and get a Class III SMG permit!Prices on the Real fun to shoot guns are very high!A full finger print and application from the ATF WILL COST YOU $200 PER GUN AND IF YOU WANT A SILENCER IT IS ANOTHER $200! iF YOU CAN PURCHACE A GUN WITH INTEGRATED SILENCER IT IS ONLY $200 FOR THE COMBINATION!I have had several high priced full auto.burst guns fully Federal Tax Stamped and when selling the price never goes down!I enjoy every once in a while shooting the ATF Legal Tax stamp guns!Went to the range the other day and cost me $300 in 9mm ammo!I just got a kick out of letting everybody fire thatSMG Mac 11! Changed some minds on the certain few who thought you should not own one or you were up to no good if you did!Guns are Guns and to own one LEGAL is your right If the grabbers start as they have with so called semi auto no use guns?Given an inch that old DBL PARKER OR Model 21 may well be on the list?Or any semi newer shot gun or rifle you may own! Thanks for hearing me!Richie

Thanks

This response submitted by Big Dog on 03/20/2004 at 21:59. ( ) 207.177.56.64

i have actually slowed down on the taxidermy part of birds and have started hunting more of them, but thanks for the compliment Paul. I have also moved to the show me state for a little more opportunities with the birds.

You make no sense

This response submitted by Chuck on 03/21/2004 at 19:11. ( ) 24.154.39.13

Big Dog, think about it. What if someone told you, you shouldn't have handguns? You have 6, right? They might tell you how handguns are used in robbing people or used by criminals. They might say you shouldn't have one either. Is it fair for someone to tell you not to own a handgun? Do you really need that handgun? That's exactly what you and cecil are doing about assault rifles. Its "hunters" like you that will be the downfall of our rights to own any gun> Think about it!

Assault Rifles

This response submitted by Chuck on 03/21/2004 at 19:15. ( ) 24.154.39.13

By the way, the Colt AR-15 makes a great coyote rifle.

Hold On Just a Second

This response submitted by Big Dog on 03/21/2004 at 20:33. ( ) 207.177.56.89

i never said that i think you shouldn't have one i just said that i dont see the need for them. I understand that you may like them and actually i am starting to think that they arent that bad to shoot because two of my hunting buddies took me to a gun show and believe it or not i actually bought an AR-15, fully equipped and i also bought 1000 rounds for it and i shot all but 50 of them after i got home. I am starting to change my mind about them.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu