California Show Great like always

Submitted by RJ Simington on 03/23/2004 at 01:21. ( animalartsnw@charter.net ) 68.186.0.103

Many thanks to the board members of the California Association of Taxidermist for putting together a fantastic show again this year.
I have enjoyed going down there every year.

Great show, Great & Freindly people & fantastic Taxidermy/ Artwork.

See you next year
RJ Simington

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

California Show

This response submitted by Bob on 03/24/2004 at 01:24. ( ) 68.124.240.6

I heard the show was ok to good. Not great, like in 01, I guess, but
better than last year. That was a real disappointment. I was not
there this year either. I was there in 01 and I thought it was fantastic.
My buddy was there Fri, & Sat. so he couldn't enter. He really liked the
sand hill crane and felt it should have gotten a first, not a 3rd, but?
Anyway, I have some things in the freezer I want to get up this year.
Thanks for all your great efforts. Bob.

I guess the judges opinion is

This response submitted by RJ Simington on 03/24/2004 at 17:23. ( animalartsnw@charter.net ) 68.186.0.103

What realy counts.I have a great time even when a judge disagrees with my point of view. I have NEVER SEEN a just plain average show at California, & yes I do compete every year.

They always have fantastic exhibits & some of the highest level of taxidermy in the nation aswell as great seminars.

YES It Was a great show.
Thanks again
RJ Simington

Always Fun

This response submitted by Gary Wong on 03/26/2004 at 10:35. ( Doc65@aol.com ) 24.6.31.9

RJ Congrats to you on your awards.

The show is always great and there are always new ideas. Though I am more of a supporter of the show and bring pieces to compete with, I am a taxidermist part-time. I support everything that is continuing to grow and help keep the quality coming.

I really like the comraderie of all the members and all have become good friends and mentors. I continue to try and raise the bar of not just taxidermists but to the level of art. That is to say that we also need to charge for our work as art and not just a mounted animal.

I hope to see everyone next year and I am actually designing my pieces for next year. Whether I get them done for next years show is another question.

For those that want to compete in the California challenge. The categories are. Lifesize Grey fox, Canvasback, Wall mount Elk, and I can't remember the fish category.

With as many people asking for chiropractic adjustments I will have to entertain the idea of opening up my services and donating 1/2 of the proceeds back to CAT. What do you think?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu