Anyone do any work for any celebrities?

Submitted by John on 03/23/2004 at 11:44. ( JAKE2825@aol.com ) 64.12.96.202

or any other famous people? Every once in a wile I will see a person on TV say something about haveing a speciman they have taken mounted and put on the wall,in this case it was Bill Engvall (comedian) on comedy central the other night said he had a nice bull elk mounted and a friend stoped by and asked if he had shot it.Of course Bills response was "Nope it just got up a good head of steam and run into my wall and got stuck there between the studs" "Heres your sign". This got me thinkin' Who mounted it? I thought it would be neat to see if anyone here on Taxi-net has done anything for anyone famous.Let us all know your run-ins with the famous.John

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

One NTA board member

This response submitted by Cindy on 03/23/2004 at 11:47. ( Ntahq@aol.com ) 152.163.252.167

does the taxidermy work for Hank Williams, Jr. And another one of our members that resides in Georgia does taxidermy work for John Anderson who sang "Swingin." Another NTA member from Florida does fish taxidermy for Alan Jackson.

Yeap

This response submitted by Alex on 03/23/2004 at 12:52. ( ) 66.245.3.195

Done work for Don Johnson, Don Shula, Jose Canseco,Stacey kish
and many more, including all the mounts seen in the life of Hemingway and the Miami Vice series.

Cabela's

This response submitted by skullery on 03/23/2004 at 12:57. ( ) 207.230.201.233

I was fortunate enough to the finish work on one of the skulls from the fighting bull elephants that is on display in Cabela's in Kansas City. I also did a african lion skull for Jim Cabela. It's not that i even met the person or he knows me but i just happen to do some of the skull work for Cliff Hales of Reflections taxidermy here in Wisconsin. Its not that big of deal but it is a feather in my hat as far as self promotion. By the way i was in the new Cabela's in Kansas City this past week as I had a funeral to go to down that way otherwise I had never been in a Cabela's. I can only say i was super impressed! There were so many displays to see! I could hardly believe how impressive the mule deer display. So many top ranking nontypicals, including the world record typical. What i am trying to say is if you ever get the chance to go there do it! You will be glad you did. Skullery....Jeff....<><

AYUH!

This response submitted by JL on 03/23/2004 at 15:49. ( wmlures@metro2000.net ) 216.177.1.208

Made a set of repro rodent teeth for Richard Christoforo and another set for Superpig. Now It doesn't get much better than that does it?

yup

This response submitted by wetnwild on 03/23/2004 at 17:23. ( ) 24.128.109.191

Did a Gaboon viper mount for General Norman Shwartzcoff. It was truly my pleasure. Great guy!

i didn't do any...

This response submitted by Griz on 03/23/2004 at 18:20. ( ) 69.66.85.74

rumor has it a nearby taxidermist did a Bull's head for scottie pippen, it had a bull ring in the nose and 5 fake championship rings on the bull ring. and i think it had an earring in each ear. I didn't see it personally and it was kinda a hush hush thing. But he almost didn't get the job cause he dealt with pippens agent and every time the agent left a message he said he wanted a bullhead mounted and the taxidermist never returned the call cause he didn't want to mount a tiny lil catfish, but it ended up being a 2500 pound bull's full shoulder mount. I don't think he ever gets on here so i thought i would pass it along for him. Like i said i didn't see it personally but i am pretty sure about everything i wrote or i wouldn't have written it!

My dad

This response submitted by Vicki Chritton-Myers on 03/23/2004 at 18:23. ( myers.ark@direcway.com ) 66.82.9.18

He's a celebrity to me! (And, he knows Stormin' Norman...need to have a talk with Dad about that...).

I have a black coon mount that will be in a museum in West Yellowstone, Montana before long. Mounted a turkey for the Cummins Tools "king."

Actually, ALL my clients are important and well-known to many. =)

General MONTGOMERY C. MEIGS

This response submitted by John C on 03/23/2004 at 19:14. ( ) 66.233.157.155

Did several items for Gen. Meigs and several Ibex, Chamois,Red Stag, Roe deer, Boar heads, Trout, Northern Pike, Zander even a few NASE' ad fowl, including Hawks and owls and one Stein Adler (Stone eagle) for his buddies while I was stationed in Europe. Looks like a who's who of Command and Staff in USAREUR, plus the Mayor of Erlangen FRG.

Even did a little bit of guiding, esp. for fish while stationed in Europe.

Lets see

This response submitted by Tenbears on 03/23/2004 at 19:46. ( ) 205.188.113.163

I may be dating myself here. I did a bobcat for the former pro wrestling world champion Rugged Ronnie Garven, (Hands of stone) If any of you remember him. His satisfaction got me work from Jimmy (Hoot) Gibson (another wrestler). I also Did several Mounts for Johnny Ramone Of the musical group the Ramones.

Hey Tenbears is he the...

This response submitted by marty on 03/23/2004 at 21:04. ( ) 67.173.51.16

...dead one?

The guy I trained under regularly does mounts for Babe Winkleman, Jim Saric and Spence Petros. Do they count as celebrities?

OH YES!

This response submitted by Mr Kim on 03/23/2004 at 21:08. ( ) 205.188.116.143

Yes, but can't give out names.....BUT I DO HAVE SIGNED PHOTOGRAPHS!

You know

This response submitted by George on 03/23/2004 at 22:03. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.252.167

That's all nice, but the celebrities pay me the same price as Joe Schmoe and his money comes by him harder than the celebrities. Joe'll be back every year while the big names will move on. Joe's my celebrity and always will be. He pays the rent and I know he's really paying me more for the work I do that the well heeled customers who think I work for chump change.

I am showing my age!

This response submitted by Ron Kelly on 03/23/2004 at 22:29. ( ) 64.12.116.203

Here is about 30 years worth...Lee Marvin, Slim Pickens, John Wayne, Roy Rodgers, David Canary, Walt Garrison, George Strait, Hank Williams Jr., Porter Waggoner, Ned Beatty, Jimmy Houston,Chris Houston Bill Dance, Ray Scott, Maurie Wills, Bump Wills, Nolan Ryan, Chris Carter,Troy Aikmen, Larry Hagman, Governors- John Conally, Mark White, Bill Clemens, and Ann Richards. Ross Perot, Presidents George Bush senior and Jr.(when he was governor of Texas). I was asked to do a fish for Bill Clinton and I declined.(A man has to know his limits!) Anyway, there are a few more, but this is enough. I have found that many of these folks are VERY slow to pay but want it right now, of course. Not trying to brag, just have been lucky to get to know certain folks. And yes, I have autograghed pictures!

I am showing my age!

This response submitted by Ron Kelly on 03/23/2004 at 22:29. ( ) 64.12.116.203

Here is about 30 years worth...Lee Marvin, Slim Pickens, John Wayne, Roy Rodgers, David Canary, Walt Garrison, George Strait, Hank Williams Jr., Porter Waggoner, Ned Beatty, Jimmy Houston,Chris Houston Bill Dance, Ray Scott, Maurie Wills, Bump Wills, Nolan Ryan, Chris Carter,Troy Aikmen, Larry Hagman, Governors- John Conally, Mark White, Bill Clemens, and Ann Richards. Ross Perot, Presidents George Bush senior and Jr.(when he was governor of Texas). I was asked to do a fish for Bill Clinton and I declined.(A man has to know his limits!) Anyway, there are a few more, but this is enough. I have found that many of these folks are VERY slow to pay but want it right now, of course. Not trying to brag, just have been lucky to get to know certain folks. And yes, I have autograghed pictures!

Um, Ron, I hate to tell you this

This response submitted by Vicki Chritton-Myers on 03/24/2004 at 00:20. ( ) 66.82.9.38

Maybe they're slow to pay because many of them are dead....

;)

George I hate to tell you this but...

This response submitted by marty on 03/24/2004 at 08:33. ( ) 67.173.51.16

..."Joe Smoe" is a celebrity now too. (Remember the reality show where everybody was in on the scam but him?) (lol)

I've never mounted anything for "famous" people....

This response submitted by Leanna on 03/24/2004 at 12:14. ( scardeer@cornernet.com ) 207.195.212.115

But if anyone runs into Johnny Depp, could you please give him my card?!

30 years worth, remember?

This response submitted by Ron Kelly on 03/24/2004 at 20:55. ( ) 205.188.116.141

Ha, Ha. All of the deceased have passed away within the time frame.Thanks for the reminder, though. I was going thru the archives, that's all.

Yo Ron !

This response submitted by Rich on 03/24/2004 at 21:19. ( ) 24.243.99.26

You did work for Ann Richards , but not for Clinton ? Arent they in the same boat? Regardless,the list was impressive ,I`ve seen your fish work its BEAUTIFUL ! Rich

I did an elk for congressman Don Young

This response submitted by John on 03/26/2004 at 12:27. ( JCPalmer1@msn.com ) 65.149.160.25

From Alaska 3 weeks ago, Its hanging in his office.

Famous?

This response submitted by Susan on 03/30/2004 at 23:43. ( designhabitat@earthlink ) 165.247.186.210

It all depends on what you call famous... them celebritys that can't remember your name to tell their friends, or the general contractor that bartered/swapped roofing services for that beeyootiful deer head mount you did for him-and sent you about 40 customers by way of word-of-mouth advertising. Yeah we've done a few for some easily recognizable celebrities, but we've profitted more from the mounts that we've done for well-known and well thought-of individuals in our area. Which would you rather mount for? ..Well, I got to sign off now- Joe's on the other line...just got back from Montana-wonder if he got that Elk he went after..I'm fixing to find out because according to him "You got MY business from here on out.." and I can take that to the bank! -susan

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu