if...

Submitted by Griz on 03/21/2004 at 16:09. ( ) 69.66.85.41

If a company sells airbrushes, they should sell respirators too. It would show that wearing a respiraor is important. I bought my airbrush and didn't even think of respirators til i came across it in the archives. Then I searched and saw that it has been covered alot. I just had never read about it before( i just skipped the airbush posts that dealt with airbrushes, cause i didn't care about them at that time)

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Grizm buy it locally.

This response submitted by John C on 03/21/2004 at 16:18. ( ) 66.233.157.155

I have been thru four respirators, three were purchased for Taxidermy Supply companies. The last one was from the Ditzler Paint Dealer in town, I can still get cartridges for it and that was 1988.

Griz

This response submitted by George on 03/21/2004 at 17:08. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.252.165

I know you already know this, but manufacturers aren't REALLY responsible for telling you everything even if some smarmy lawyer does win a lawsuit over it. McDonalds coffee is served HOT so they should have to tell you not to spill it in your lap. Many of the suppliers DO sell the respirators, but they don't have the time or the space to tell you that DP can cause you emphysema or that their pickle will actually burn you or that the super glue will bond skin immediately and permanently. Cut-em a little slack, bud. By the way, you DO have rubber gloves, don't you?

Thanks fellas

This response submitted by Griz on 03/21/2004 at 19:32. ( ) 69.66.85.31

I bought my airbrush from Van Dykes. I buy most of my stuff from Van Dykes and i didn't even think of respirators, but like john said i can pick one up in town, but if they had respirators right there beside the airbrushes i would have bought one. Like i said until i got on here in the archives i had no idea how bad paint vapors would be. No biggie, but figured it would be good to remind any new airbrushers to better be safe than sorry and wear a respirator, (that means you curt LOL).

Pulled out my stack of other supply companies and see that alot of them offer respirators, so i apologize for grouping all the supply companies together, i spoke too soon.

Yep, wear gloves all the time, most of the time it is to keep my hands clean as much as it is for safety though. A little latex smell is a lot easier to get off than hide paste is, and not too worried about catching a disease as much as i hate getting blood out from under my nails.

How about this...

This response submitted by marty on 03/21/2004 at 22:51. ( ) 67.173.51.16

I believe that all service shops, gas stations, parts stores and oil change places should HAVE to take in used oil to recycle. Currently most gas stations no longer accept used oil. And it's down to Pep Boys and Auto Zone around here. A 20 minute drive one way for me. Sounds like they're ENCOURAGING people to dump their used oil WHEREVER.

Or, just have the oil manufacturers charge an extra quarter per quart and the oil companies could then pay that back to the recyclers to buy the used oil back. That way, it would make it worth it and more places would take used oil...

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu