another ebay rant

Submitted by trappersteph on 03/26/2004 at 20:54. ( ) 205.188.116.137

Is it nonbidding week this week? I have what I thought were really good mounts on there now and its barely any bidding. I aslo had a fox mount that went to about 200.00,reserve not met of course,and I emailed the high bidder ,said it was 325.00,his assinine response was "O-V-E-R-P-R-I-C-E-D". I did sell a red fox that week for about 385.00 ( older mount) and a very commercial grade coyote for 400.00.

Its not cheap to keep relisting stuff on there,argggggg!

What really has me stumped is the lack of attention by people to my black coyote pedistal mount. I thought rare stuff done well got bidding wars going.

anyone want to check it all out, my handle is brush-wolf-taxidermy-studio

I am selling older mounts too, so you will see a mix.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

That time of year

This response submitted by Travis on 03/26/2004 at 21:28. ( ) 68.102.253.173

It always seems to get slow when the weather starts to get nice---people are spending their money on new fish`n gear, boats, ect....all you can do is keep relisting them..when it gets slow like this try "Buy it now" as if your looking for that one buyer who really wants it...Now if your name was wildlife artist you`d sell them for 800.00...he he he....good luck

yep

This response submitted by jon on 03/26/2004 at 21:35. ( jonathan@ harlequintaxidermy.com ) 68.113.208.64

I agree with travis.. Time of year place a significant part.. dead of timer time heat, or around xmas is always good.. Right now people are outside and not on their computers..

The crappie are biting!

It also helps if you wait a few days to relist.. new groups of viewers.. of course there is always a new group.. but for some reason it seems to help.

Good luck.. also it also helps.. when you list your items when there are some really hideous items already listed... it helps to show how much better your item looks....
That wasn't meant to sound concieted.. but hey it's seller's tactics....why buy a six point when you can buy a 10 point?

Jon

I noticed that too

This response submitted by Bonnie S. on 03/27/2004 at 09:25. ( ) 204.119.21.22

It has been slow for the past 2 weeks, everyone is outside I think, its not that they arent bidding, my counters are all low, nobody is looking.I think I had a grand total of 5 views on one item!I sell painted saws and sometimes pen raised birds.I have seen your stuff on there brush wolf and it is really good.Im going to wait a while and relist my stuff again.I do have a wolf crosscut saw on there that is getting tons of bids right now though.I think you get your ups and downs on ebay in terms of bidding activity.

maybe its the pose

This response submitted by wilson on 03/27/2004 at 19:22. ( ) 198.81.26.46

you can not blame it on fishing or nice weather,i just took a look and the first 3 fox i brought up were over $350..

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu