Does everybody do it? taxi #'s

Submitted by The Rookie on 03/26/2004 at 14:11. ( NaturesTrophies,aol ) 152.163.253.7

I actually broke down and spent the money to get a seperate business line hooked up finally. I worked on catchy #'s that people might remember like ###-fish and ###-hunt but to no surprise they were taken. Much to my surprise I did end up with ###-BASS! Is this a good move and does anybody else use these kind of tactics? Just curious. Jeff F.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Good luck Jeff

This response submitted by George on 03/26/2004 at 14:30. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.82

Your friends and customers will remember your number anyway. It's the drunks at 2 in the morning who'll turn to the "TAXI" and find you. Why would they care that "TAXIDERMY" comes right behind "TAXI"? When they wake you up, give them a good price and then go back to sleep. That gets even.

glad Im not the only one

This response submitted by newbirdman on 03/26/2004 at 18:03. ( ) 205.188.116.140

Im glad Im not the only one who gets taxi cab calls all day and night . I even have the stupid operator give people my phone # for taxi's . New years is the worst for calls , thank god I'm to drunk to hear the phone then . Rick

Me too

This response submitted by Mark H on 03/27/2004 at 11:05. ( haskees@access4less.net ) 64.63.204.8

New years eve is the worst. I also get calls wanting to know if my bulbs are new in my tanning beds or not and if I have time to take on new clients for their taxes.

As for the separate line, I used to have a separate line in my shop and a cell phone, no fancy numbers. Now I have gotten rid of all my land lines and just use my cell (I have three teenagers to keep track of) and I never miss a call. As George said, your clients will remember it if your doing quality work.

Think thats bad ,

This response submitted by Rich on 03/28/2004 at 09:03. ( ) 24.243.103.134

try having a taxidermy business name that starts with "animal", listed in the phone book ,you`ll get the smart one`s calling you ,thinking your "animal control" at 1:30 am,"THERES A DEAD DOG/CAT IN THE FRONT OF MY HOUSE , CAN YOU COME PICK IT UP ? "

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu