So Jeanette...

Submitted by Griz on 03/22/2004 at 11:23. ( ) 69.66.85.125

Just wondering how you got along at The california show? Did you get the raspberry off your deers nose ? :-)

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Actualy She did great !

This response submitted by RJ Simington on 03/22/2004 at 12:28. ( animalartsnw@charter.net ) 68.186.0.103

Jeanette did very good, she got a Blue ribbon on he Whitetail Buck.

Way to go

Good to hear Jeanette

This response submitted by The Rookie on 03/22/2004 at 13:01. ( NaturesTrophies,aol ) 152.163.252.167

I know that deer had your anxiety level quite high. Hope you feel better now with a job well done. Oh yeah, just return the paxil sample I sent to you!(LOL) Peace- Jeff F.

Just got home!

This response submitted by Jeanette Hall on 03/22/2004 at 16:32. ( eagle93245@yahoo.com ) 198.81.26.46

I just got home from the show. I had a blast! I was pretty worried about entering the open for the first time, but I found that it wasn't so bad. I recieved a blue on my FHW buck (90) and a red on my doe (88)-I was so close! My other wt buck I recieved a second and on all 3 deer the nosepad was the MAIN problem. I am going to be redoing them as I will be taking these mounts with me to the Idaho show in a couple of months. My pig head suffered many faults and I got a 3rd place on her. I went for a radical turn that is just not possible in a real hog. I did not know that sows couldn't turn their heads that much, so my mount was not up to Todd Kranau's standards. I will be mounting another hog for the ID show, and I will not be doing a radical turn on it. I will write more on the show tomorrow. I need to unpack and get some rest.

I will hold on to the Paxil until the shows are over!

Woo Hoo!

This response submitted by Vicki Chritton-Myers on 03/22/2004 at 16:40. ( myers.ark@direcway.com ) 66.82.9.62

Way to go! =)

Great work Jeanette

This response submitted by George on 03/23/2004 at 09:41. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.203

I see you've already become a veteran of questioning judges. LMAO. I love it.

But, since I don't know Todd, I have to defend the standards as not exactly HIS but Nature's. A hog really CAN'T turn it's head very far because of it's jowls and anatomy. They actually spin around when they need to turn their heads.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu