ITA SHOW

Submitted by Jeff @ Jeff's Taxidermy on 03/29/2004 at 10:55. ( mountman@netins.net ) 209.152.72.9

For those of you wondering the Iowa Show was another total success.
Awesome show as usual.
Great bunch of people to be with ,and I'm greatful to be a part of it.
We had a great bunch of judges ,as usual,Mike Orthober(birds),Pat Wagner(deer)Steve Henthorn(fish) and Barry Smith(mammals/gameheads).
We were down a bit on numbers but the quality of work was way up.
We had 122 entries from 62 taxidermists representing 5 states.
I did well placing by birds in the pro division this yr..high 2nds on 3 pheasants and 1 3rd on a pheasant.My raccoons I was close to 2nds on, but missed by 1 point,so settled for a 3rd on both....that bummed feeling went away when I recieved the Van Dykes award for Most Original and Creative Presentation in professional division for the 2 coons on the mailbox...WHAT AN HONAR THAT WAS!!
I also placed well with my repro bluegill scoring a 92 for a blue ribbon and also recieving the Star*Fish Award for the 3rd time in 5 yrs.
But, the greatest honar I recieved at the awards banquet was when I got up and proposed to my g/f infront of everyone there and she said YES!
I'm still on cloud 9+ hahahaha
Sorry you all couldn't be there to enjoy the show.
If you can make time to come to an Iowa show you will not be disappointed..They are the Greatest bunch of people in the world and I feel honared that they were there to share my joy this past weekend.
Jeff @ Jeff's Taxidermy

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

my .02

This response submitted by Griz on 03/29/2004 at 11:22. ( ) 69.66.85.69

Engaged huh, cool, congratulations! :-)
I got to meet Jeff at the show on saturday. Very nice guy and very good work! I was as impressed with the show as i was with jeffs creations. I didn't take anything this year but i am already planning on it for next year! I am just a newbie and taking it slow, and i learned alot just by going and looking at the mounts. I didn't stay long, but i learned alot from listening to some of the critiques. Its amazing what the judges know. Jeff answered my questions with ease and patience and i want to say thanks again!

Congrats Jeff!

This response submitted by The Rookie on 03/29/2004 at 11:50. ( NaturesTrophies,aol ) 152.163.252.167

Sounds like a great convention. I would be real happy to pull a 92 out of Steve Henthorn. He's a great guy but a tough judge. I also had the honOr of meeting him at our Indiana convention this year. Congrats also on the "ball and chain".(LOL) Hope you will create many happy memories together.
And Griz, I also just observed my first convention so I could get an idea of what to expect. Now I take my lashings with everybody else. Kinda hurts sometimes but thats growing pains.Have a good one. Peace- Jeff F.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu