Breakthrough Magazine

Submitted by terry on 05/03/2004 at 00:02. ( ) 208.135.164.64

Does anyone know when it's due to be out. I guess I just get in too big of a hurry to see the next one. Sometimes it just seems like it's 6 months between issues.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Breakthrough

This response submitted by Susan on 05/03/2004 at 00:16. ( ) 165.247.172.112

I know just how you feel! That's why I also subscribe to "Taxidermy Today", it's as great as the "Breakthrough" magazine. Somehow I still keep an eye out for the mailman though!-Susan

Uuuh, I HATE doing this

This response submitted by George on 05/03/2004 at 08:39. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.84

But Susan, I just can't help myself. Comparing Breakthrough to Taxidermy is like comparing the Progressive Farmer to National Geographic. I enjoy both, but Taxidermy Today has become a rolling advertisement where Breakthrough is history, business, new innovations, reference work, and exceptional pictures. It even includes exerpts from this joint. I'm not trying to badmouth Taxidermy Today because it is a good magazine, but I'm never going to say what you said.

agree with george

This response submitted by *** on 05/03/2004 at 09:20. ( ) 65.116.192.232

i subscribed to both for quite a while. but there were so many advertisements it just got to be silly. and alot of the articles seemed to be the same. joe ferebee's articles for mounting different species if birds are probably helpful to some.....but they are all basically carbon copies of each other with different pictures.

Too funny

This response submitted by Wally on 05/03/2004 at 13:42. ( muthagoose@hotmail.com ) 216.70.5.65

heheheheh Both are just as good..Ok if ya want to compare lets count articles VS adds?Who has less? At the price they get for em they should add another section or two....

Breakthrough has NO ADVERTISEMENTS?

This response submitted by Henry on 05/03/2004 at 16:57. ( hapalee@infoave.net ) 206.74.9.66

When did Breakthrough stop running advertisements for the taxidermy industry? New taxidermists need to know where to purchase taxidermy materials. Sure can't find any in the Land's End catalog! We aren't all as lucky as George and know everything! I'll still go with 6 magazines for $24 over 4 magazines for $32 any day.

Henry, I love wiseasses

This response submitted by George on 05/03/2004 at 18:12. ( ) 152.163.252.167

Nothing was said about NO advertising. I just don't enjoy seeing a book FILLED with advertising and then the articles are written as cutlines to those advertisements. I buy what works for me and no amount of advertising is going to sell me on a product that I've found inferior TO MY WAY OF THINKING. It's obvious you're getting what you're willing to pay for, but when I want cutting edge taxidermy work, I don't put a price on it. More is not always better and that's what this discussion was about. Smart taxidermists subscribe to BOTH magazines, but that left you out as well I see.

I subcribe to BOTH...DO YOU?

This response submitted by Henry on 05/04/2004 at 09:46. ( hapalee@infoave.net ) 207.144.6.147

I just don't like anyone giving misleading information. Both magazines have the same advertisers...where else is a taxidermy busines going to advertise? If you count advertisements in both, Breakthrough does have a few more.
And you're right about "more is not always better".....Breakthrough keeps printing more and more compeition pictures which means less room for those cutting edge taxidermy articles. You are also right about smart taxidermists subscribe to both. So where does that leave you?

This is a stupid argument.

This response submitted by Jim Tucker on 05/05/2004 at 09:25. ( ) 24.50.252.84

There are JUST as many ads in Breakthrough. The thing is, T Today just is not laid out as well. Each magazine has its own good and bad points. I like both. I said it before and I'll say it again: Breakthough is HOT ROD magazine, Taxidermy Today is a Chilton Manual. One is for inspiration, the other for perspiration.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu