Why no Taxidermy Shows in the Pacific Northwest?

Submitted by Rich on 05/01/2004 at 17:54. ( ) 67.171.56.88

Hey, when are they going to have some taxidermy shows or contests out here, Seattle or Washington state? Whats up with no taxidermy association out here? Its like you fell off the end of the earth when it comes to that kind of stuff, out here.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

COntact Buzzy Cook, he post here from time to time

This response submitted by John C on 05/01/2004 at 19:34. ( ) 66.233.157.155

May 27th through 30th, 2004
The 5th Annual Idaho Taxidermists Association Convention & Competition
Doubletree Riverside, Boise ID
Contact Dino Hugon at (208) 462-3686.

Oregon Oregon Association of Taxidermists
President: Darwin Ingersoll, 15855 South Loder Rd, Oregon City, OR 97045. Phone: (503) 656-2230

March 18th through 20th, 2005
The California Association of Taxidermists Annual Convention & Competition
Red Lion Inn, Redding, CA
Contact Tony Finazzo at (909) 886-8640.

Put one together, get a few people to help you and go for it.

Start your association

This response submitted by Dino on 05/01/2004 at 21:14. ( dinostaxidermy@cs.com ) 198.81.26.46

Rich, we started Idaho with just four of us. To begin with, we put some of our own money into it. We got help from different folks, like Buzzi Cook.
It won't happen by osmosis -- you actually have to just plain start. Get together with a few guys and do it.
I'd be very happy to talk to you about how to get started.
Dino

Thanks for the info

This response submitted by Rich on 05/01/2004 at 22:46. ( ) 67.171.56.88

Thanks for the info. Rich

somethings up

This response submitted by Harry Paulson on 05/02/2004 at 02:56. ( taxidermyschool@juno.com ) 207.220.158.160

I was president of the Arizona Taxidermist and Artists Association in 1991-92 and as an NTA director worked to give Arizona a great state association I moved to Washington state 3 years ago. It appears that the rumblings of a Washington State association are being dealt with. Hopefully all of those interested will be contacted soon.It appears Buzzi Cook and others are working on a set-up plan. Please be patient.

Soon

This response submitted by Mark H on 05/03/2004 at 11:44. ( haskees@access4less.net ) 64.63.204.8

Buzzi Cook is working on the association. The reason there is no association now is because there was a steady decline in members and a lack of participation by members. The last year the association existed there was only two officers doing everything including the last competition.

The same old story, 20% of the people do 80% of the work and some times those 20% get real tired no matter how much they hate to see their association fall apart. I am willing to become very involved again but willing and dedicated members are needed.

WA STATE

This response submitted by BUZZI COOK on 05/03/2004 at 16:47. ( OLYTAX@AOL.COM ) 198.81.26.46

is in the works of reviving the old NW Tax. Assoc. A few weeks back three of us, Jerry Dearing, Chris Brunell and myself gathered on a conference call and decided to elect our officers on that call. Jerry Dearing is the President, Chris Brunell is the Vice President and I am the Secretary. These officers will serve until the membership decides otherwise during the first membership meeting, whic is scheduled for July, 2004. Hope you will come.
A letter is being put together right now and a mailing will go out this week concerning the first meeting. This mailing will go out to the NTA Membership and also the licensed taxidermist of WA state. Being able toontact the other 2,000, yep thats right, 2,000 other taxidermist in the state is an impossibility at this time due to their non registry with the state licensing dept.
All of this takes time, as I started this reviving movement over two years ago. Just getting others involved, is sometimes a daunting task, otherwise doing it all yourself is no fun, but it is rewarding.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu