Wonderful people

Submitted by Ninette Smith on 05/05/2004 at 11:43. ( ninettes2@yahoo.com ) 209.205.184.248

In my opinion Taxidermists are a special breed of people. Last weekend was the Louisiana Taxidermists Convention. It was great and I do believe we had the best competition pieces ever. Beautiful work! My husband, Norman Smith died Dec. 20, 2003. I decided at the time to start a memorial award in his honor which was to be given for the best mammal entry (not highest scoring) in the Professional Division and it was to be picked by the judges. I was asked to present the award to the winner. Long story short, I decided to take my children and go to the convention even though I knew it would be hard without Norman. Everyone was wonderful. I felt so at ease and comfortable with all our friends and even new acquaintences. Louisiana has some wonderful taxidermists and families, but I think it is this industry in general. You all are wonderful. I have been around this industry for 21 years now and I am very thankful for that. I plan to go back to the world show next year and work for Larry Blomquist in registration again just because I want to stay involved with and industry that I hold very high regaurd for. I just wanted to say thank you and a special thank you to my fellow Louisianans.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Ninette

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 05/05/2004 at 15:03. ( ) 209.130.137.78

Just to let you know how special your family is, I got a very excited phone call this week from Dan Heasley, the fellow who received that special honor. He couldnt wait to tell me about how surprised he was to get the awards he did in the competition room. Then to be called up for Normans award, and to be photographed receiving it with you! Im up here in NY state, so that was news traveling fast. Norman continues to touch us all...

Heartfealt

This response submitted by The Rookie on 05/05/2004 at 15:13. ( NaturesTrophies,aol ) 205.188.116.137

Posts like this truly remind you of why so many love this great art and the people involved. God Bless you and your family Ninette. Jeff F.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu