missouri taxidermist

Submitted by jon on 05/10/2004 at 00:24. ( ) 69.27.213.56

has anybody heard of the new rules for 2004 missouri deer season. i read about it today in a newspaper clipping at walmart. in 29 counties, there is a restriction on bucks. only 4 points or less and doe may be taken. no large bucks. this is being done to take as many doe as possible and to have more and larger bucks on hoof. if the expirement goes well, they are considering this method for the whole state in 2005. this will effect the taxidermists in those 29 counties this year, and maybe all the taxidermists next year. in the long run though, considering the goal is to grow more and larger deer, it will be a money maker. the more trophies being taken, the more money in my pocket. what do you think?

jon

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

I Think

This response submitted by Stub on 05/10/2004 at 00:45. ( ) 66.163.140.46

I think you are crazy, you need to find the local channels that can help stop this. You need to find other taxidermists and start calling your govenors office first if your state is like ours. You will go broke trying to wait these restrictions out, what if the are carried on for several years your screwed. Fight it

Read it wrong

This response submitted by R.J. on 05/10/2004 at 06:03. ( ) 12.154.53.15

Either you read it wrong or the paper has it wrong. They want you to take only mature bucks and does. The buck has to have at least 4 countable points on one side no less than 1 inch. Look it up on the Missouri Conservation web page. The gave all the dates and counties.

This response submitted by ......... on 05/10/2004 at 11:44. ( ) 216.106.67.210

They are atempting to encourage the harvest of bigger bucks, not smaller ones.......

http://www.conservation.state.mo.us/hunt/deer/deertuk/restrictions_2004.htm

paper has it wrong

This response submitted by jon on 05/10/2004 at 12:59. ( ) 69.27.213.53

that makes a lot more sense. i went back and read the paper, it was wrong. i just figured they had the four points or less rule for those people who like to take 400 yard shots with open sights...not being able to see the small antlers at all.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu