Beetle cleaning information turnaround time

Submitted by Gary on 05/10/2004 at 13:51. ( beetleman@montana.com ) 66.109.136.3

To All interested! I would like to add to the information given over the last several months about beetle cleaning and the amount of time it takes to get a skull or skulls back to a client after cleaning or cleaning and whitening. I would like to clairify a few things. Yes you can get one or a few skulls cleaned in several hours to a day, but that depends not only on the number of hungry beetles you have. It also depends on the condition of the skull in question. Is it fresh,old and dried out or smelly rotten. Fresh gets done very quickly, dried out can take weeks if not rehydrated and smelly may take days to weeks too. Some skulls the beetles may just not want to clean up for no good reason and they have to be forced to clean them. Turn around also depends on the amount of work a skull cleaning business has to do before your skull. All the above takes time. If you want your skull done quickly, boil it out. You know where your skull is and you will know how long it takes, but if you want it done right, send or take it to a skull cleaner who uses beetles. Quality takes time! Finally, this job is more hazardous than most people may realize, but I enjoy offering this service and patience is a virtue. Check us out: Big Sky Beetle Works www.treasurestate.com/beetleworks

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu