Political: What the media doesn't say about the "abuse"

Submitted by Scott on 05/10/2004 at 16:12. ( ) 63.193.177.130

For those of you who wonder why the prisoners were forced into nude poses and wondered why soldiers were doing the type of humiliation they were, this is info I recently heard: The prison camp was under attack nightly. Many of the prisoners who were selected for "abuse" had allegedly beaten or raped other prisoners both male and female. In the Arabic culture it is considered very humiliating to be seen nude by members of the same sex as well as the opposite sex. Also the men who were put in submissive poses were especially humiliated since women are usually the submissive ones in that culture. It doesn't excuse what happened, but it does explain

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

They should have shot them in the head!

This response submitted by Old Man on 05/10/2004 at 16:48. ( ) 63.241.157.113

The prisoners that is!

God Bless

nobody mentions-

This response submitted by Rick Carter on 05/10/2004 at 17:47. ( ) 205.188.116.139

The Americans and others who were burned up and dragged through the streets and hung off of bridges while the Iraquis laughed and danced!I for one am tired of hearing about it and seeing it on the news every night and seeing our politicians apologizing for it.Get off of Rumsfeld's back and tell the Iraquis thanks for the oil and forget about it!

Freshman hazing

This response submitted by Steve Rotramel on 05/10/2004 at 18:01. ( ) 209.248.2.156

is what it looks like to me. We endured worse than what I've seen so far when I was in basic training.

What are the prisoners going to say when on the stand for testimony;
"They were really teasing us! A lot! And and and that girl kept pointing at me!"

My guess is they are better treated and fed in prison than they are in their own military.

Anyone care to compare the lot of prisoners in an Arab country?

There was an interesting juxtaposition of the torturous treatment of some British prisoners who had bombing "confessions" beaten out of them by Saudi Arabian government officials in order to implicate the British government, with the repeated showing of the "abused prisoners". "Of war" is never added any more by the way, leaving you with the sense that these were folks just walking the sidewalks, minding their own business, when they were brutally kidnapped, hooded, stripped, and thrown to the clutches of a 20 year old, 90 pound, cigar flicking, flat-chested, mid-western female desperado with a grudge to settle. They must have been shaking in their sandals.

To the Saudis, and dare I say Iraqis, actual physical, daily, screaming, bloody, permanently-scarring torture of "suspects" and/or their families is simply a matter of course. They must be laughing at us again for what we are calling "abuse".

sh*t!

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 05/10/2004 at 21:26. ( ) 209.130.220.101

Good thing these folks werent in the Olympics for their country, remember what They did to those guys when they didnt win?

You guys are pathetic

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 05/10/2004 at 21:48. ( ) 63.115.128.252

What happened will blemish us for some time to come. Not only was it a slap in the face to the honorable troops over there it will probably get some of them killed. Alqueda and anyone that is resisting us in Iraq is having a hayday with recruiting.

Of course what the other side does is henious but we should be above that crud.

Not near enough

This response submitted by DT on 05/10/2004 at 22:21. ( ) 66.163.143.107

Those dirty bastards deserve absolutly any pain, humiliation,or torture we can dish out. These people are filthy terrible things that do not deserve to be called human. I think we should have nuked each and every one of their dirty asses. Torture? what I see in these pictures is not abuse or humiliation, if they want torture and abuse give me my #3 W/ a #10 & #12 then we might have something that approaches newsworthy. This is nothing but a bunch of political BS brought on by the comming election & Kerry.

I agree

This response submitted by DaveT on 05/10/2004 at 22:24. ( ) 66.205.109.132

I agree what those few troops did was wrong and they deserve to be punished. However cecil answer me this: most liberals and democrats are against the death penalty and want to give life inprisonment instead.... so just what the h*ll have they done to eliminate rape and abuse here in the US prison system.... NOTHING, yet I don't see that blasted all over the news. I would bet there were more rapes and murders right here in US prisions this week then there have been Iraq since the beginning of the war.

This whole thing is nothing more then the left taking a FEW, a very small few, bad examples and blowing them way out of proportion for their OWN POLITICAL gain. Smae thing they did to Trent Lott and the President's judicial nominations.

If anyone has tarnished the USA it is the liberal media and you left wing pukes that will do absolutely anything to discredit the President or any member of his cabinet, no matter the cost.

You said "Not only was it a slap in the face to the honorable troops over there it will probably get some of them killed" well what the h*ll do you think the spineless stance of you liberals have done? Hell the terrorist are praying that your boy kerry gets elected. Eight mores years of democraps will all but ensure they do get nukes. God help us if "little ketchup boy" gets elected.

DaveT

Did you notice the ketchup lady?

This response submitted by John C on 05/10/2004 at 22:43. ( ) 66.233.157.155

She married the Hienz man, he died and she kept his name when she married old long face.

I'm with you Cecil...

This response submitted by marty on 05/10/2004 at 22:43. ( ) 67.173.51.16

Ever hear the expression "two wrongs don't make a right"?

I know I cannot possibly understand the situation and the stress these folks were under, but c'mon - how STUPID can they be?

Anybody that could lower themselves to that level is SICK to begin with. But, to NOT have thought about the implications beyond the abuse is just incomprehensible in my book. They now have put EVERY American at risk. Not to mention they have tarnished the image of all the "good" American soldiers over there. The combined I.Q.'s of these morons has got to be less than my dogs I.Q...

Dave it's not just a few

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 05/11/2004 at 07:32. ( ) 63.115.128.197

this thing is getting bigger and bigger. Now that "sex acts" are involved I'm really repulsed.

FED UP

This response submitted by Liz on 05/11/2004 at 09:52. ( ) 152.163.252.200

O.K., finally I need to vent about all this.

First off, I don't buy that this "abuse" was in retaliation for the prison being "under fire" every night? Hello....we have military personnel to deal with the people placing the prison under fire.

Regarding Rumsfeld, it is purely an political attempt to break up the Bush team to ask for his resignation at this point. Lets face it....Is he supposed to know what every individual soldier is doing at any given moment over there? Now if there were orders being given for these acts, that's another story. He needs to deal with the people giving the orders, even if those are civilian contractors.

As far as the "abuse" goes....no matter what you think about it, you CAN NOT compare what we do with what the Iraqis do. Do you know how many times I have heard people comment about the attrocities over there and how in comparison this is nothing? It sickens me. The whole reason for any of this is because WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER THAN THAT. We keep telling the world how wonderful we are...and that we are better than that. You can NOT now turn around and say "well, it wasn't nearly as bad as what they did".

As far as these photos go.....The photos themselves are disturbing at best. I have heard the media call them "heinous acts of abuse" and other comments using very strong adjectives to describe the photos. Too strong. O.K., EVERYONE has been focusing on the photos. Yeah, it's basically a bunch of guys in sexually humiliating poses. Who cares right? What bothers me, is what we are not hearing about. In the very beginning there was a report that a mid-teen Iraqi boy had been sodomized/raped at the prison. There were also some reports that several deaths (12-14) were being investigated as possible homicides. At least two have been ruled homicides. WHERE is all that information now? Everyone is focused on fighting over the pictures and weather or not they depict abuse and who is at fault. Most likely because it is for political gain, rather than offending our sensibilities.

We need to put this in perspective. The photos in and of themselves are bad. Bad that they were stupid enough to take photos and show extremely poor judgement and morals and values on the parts of the soldiers and whoever, if anyone, ordered them to do it. HOWEVER, there is more to it than just sexual humiliation. I am sure of it. We just haven't been hearing about it because everyone is obsessed with the photos so far.

And theres more

This response submitted by Steve on 05/11/2004 at 11:09. ( ) 209.122.229.206

Liz is right about whats going on that you dont know about yet. There are supposedly over 1000 pics and video of the torture and abuse. The ones that have not been released are supposedly even worse that what you have seen. www.thememoryhole.org has a few that the media has not been showing, such as the of one prisoner made to felate another prisoner. Within the last few months, statements have been made by condi rice, rumsfield, bremmer, cheney and even little georgie bush stating that saddam's torture and rape rooms have been shut down and closed, and that the iraqi people will never have to fear that kind of treatment ever again. Ooops! Another thing wrong. add that to the list as well.

just heard

This response submitted by michael sestak on 05/11/2004 at 15:50. ( ) 205.188.116.139

that those soldiers involved in this "abuse" were ordered to pose the iraqis in certain positions and take pictures.
these pictures were to be used to humiliate and interogate others prisoners, apparently when shown the photos and told the same thing was going to happen to them unless they talked, they would then tell the interrogators what they wanted to know to avoid being humiliated,
and having their photos taken.
i also just read on the inter net that some iraqi militants just beheaded an american from westchester, pennsylvania in retaliation for the prisoners abuse. the mans last name is berg.
i think that if it is true, that the soldiers were under orders for the reasons stated above, that the investigators should find out who the top commanding officer is who gave the orders, no matter how high it goes, and then prosecute that person as well.
do not let those who followed the orders take all the heat, the top dog has some explaining to do also.....

What happened to taxidermy?

This response submitted by A REAL Taxidermist on 05/12/2004 at 19:39. ( ) 205.188.116.139

How about shutting up about politics and talk about taxidermy? Isn't this a TAXIDERMY SITE?

How about shutting up about politics and talk about taxidermy? Isn't this a TAXIDERMY SITE?

[This message was copied and pasted 80 times.]

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu