Clinton legacy - worst President in history

Submitted by A.C. on 05/13/2004 at 05:25. ( ) 65.73.67.214

While ex-President Clinton has managed to rise above most of the scandals that characterized his White House years, Vanity Fair magazine says that the episode that continues to damage his legacy most is a recording by NewsMax.com of Clinton's admission that he turned down a deal for Osama bin Laden's arrest in 1996.

"The hardest charge to dismiss is the most devastating," reports VF in its June issue. "Five years before 9/11, it was said, Osama bin Laden had been presented to Bill Clinton on a silver platter, and he refused to take him."

Before NewsMax released its smoking gun tape, VF says, Clinton officials like former National Security Advisor Sandy Berger were denying up and down that Sudan had any intention of extraditing bin Laden. Others, like U.S. Ambassador to Sudan Tim Carney, however, claimed otherwise.

"Who was right hadn't been resolved when Clinton addressed a businessman's group on Long Island on February 15, 2002," the magazine said. "A tape recording obtained by the right wing Web site NewsMax.com captured Clinton" admitting he passed on a chance to take bin Laden out of circulation.

Right wing or not, NewsMax had the goods.

Vanity Fair noted, "Although the admission passed without notice in most of the mainstream media, the damage was done. According to a January 2002 USA Today/CNN/Gallup poll, the percentage of Americans who thought history would rate Clinton's presidency as 'poor' was more than half again what it had been the year before."

Two years later, the infamous tape continues to haunt the Democratic Party's most popular figure.

Vanity Fair notes that when Clinton was grilled about his bin Laden admission by the 9/11 Commission last month, he called it "a misquote," apparently hoping the commissioners didn't know it was on tape.

As NewsMax noted at the time, after 9/11 Commissioner Bob Kerrey compared Clinton's testimony to his Feb. 2002 remarks, he told a radio interviewer, "[This is] much different from what we heard."

Kudos to Vanity Fair for covering the bombshell the mainstream press has tried to bury for more than two years. We think it's an important part of the historical backdrop to America's darkest day ever - and we trust Vanity Fair's readers will think so too

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Poor Old A.C. You will make it out of the Third Grade yet...

This response submitted by Joe Burnside on 05/13/2004 at 08:25. ( jjbside@mis.net ) 68.135.134.190

Poor old A. C. , got to be one of the most stupid people I have ever saw on the Net . Noway this guy can be a Taxidermist . A. C. where do you come up with all this wild stuff . I voted for Bush last time ,but I learned many years ago commom sense tells you not to touch a hot stove twice. I realize that most of the people on here are for Bush , but nation wide ,it is a split nation , all the polls show a very close race . In history there has never been a Pres. re-elected whom was running at the % that Bush is now . You are blasting Clinton , you had better be glad that he can't run again , a recent survey done showed he would win another term if he was allowed to run , so most people don't agree with your remarks . Sen. John McCane , a Republican and very close friend of Kerrys , is one of my favorite people , not only is a brillant man ,he would make a great leader . If Bush was smart he would dump old smart mouth Chaney and pick McCane for his running mate , he might have a chance of winning then . The Iraq war will for its all over drag Bush down farther and with all them millions of campaign funds to spend he will be heading back to Texas a beaten man come November . A Republican Taxidermist for John Kerry..Joe

Who in the world reads Vanity Fair or NewsMax ?

This response submitted by Kelly Johnson on 05/13/2004 at 08:33. ( rgoldson @yaahoo.com ) 68.135.134.190

A.C. you have been reading to many of those Republican Conservative publications . Go by Newsweek or Time if you want to get the real news . History will show that Clinton will rank as one of our greatest Pres. I bet you get all your info from watching Fox News and listening to old dope head Fat boy Rush Linbaugh , he has taken so much drugs ,he probably don't know what day of the week it is half the time . lol

I can see there is still alot of misinformed people

This response submitted by A.C. on 05/13/2004 at 10:08. ( ) 65.73.67.84

out there . They will be the first to convert to Islam or die . I believe they will convert as they are too coward to fight for thier freedoms .

Misinformed will convert to Islam?

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 05/13/2004 at 11:03. ( ) 63.115.128.162

Since you are sadly misinformed A.C. I guess that means you're already trying on a turbin for size? LOL

Joe is right

This response submitted by Tony Finazzo on 05/13/2004 at 11:28. ( finazducks@aol.com ) 198.81.26.46

About one thing and one thing only. Clinton would win, but that's because this country is full of bleeding hart liberal bas---ds with limited educations and less brains. If you are on public assistance ofcourse you would be liberal. If you work hard and need your money more than likely you are not a Democrap. Hah Cecil? Liberals are that way,because they have way too much time on their hands. Joe this name calling (A.C. is Stupid) is not very nice, but it is typical of a child backed in a corner without a valid reply. Have a nice day
Tony

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu