correct me if i am wrong...

Submitted by Griz on 05/13/2004 at 13:25. ( ) 69.66.35.146

But who "scooped the story" on the mistreatment of the pow's? If i am right it wasn't the media. the military discovered it and was trying to get it dealt with. Also werent the people who mistreated the pow's just reservists? I shouldn't say "just", but it seems like the reservists are held to a little less standard or commitment. They aren't subjected to the harshest or longest duties. We shouldn't be as surprised when they make a poor judgement call. That isn't what they signed up for.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

somewhat agree

This response submitted by earl on 05/13/2004 at 13:41. ( ) 65.230.40.248

If they are reservists(havent followed the story much, and dont care to) then that is part of what they sighned up for. And yes it is safe to say alot of reserve units dont hold much of a high standard. Thats a fact. The price we pay for having an active resreve army. I dont like it. Alot of them do have a great deal of knowledge, but to have units that part time train involved with pow,s or the like is a bad idea. But thats how our army is designed these days, I still dont like it. Whos idea was that anyway? Like we dont already know!

I hate to tell you guys but...

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 05/13/2004 at 14:22. ( ) 63.115.128.162

The reserves and national guard are subjected to the same harsh and long duties as the regular active duty now. We go to the same basic training and the same tech schools. Now during war time we are right there in the middle of it with sometimes inferior equipment.

When I was in the ANG of the 122nd Fighter Wing we regularly kicked the regular Air Force's butt in weapon's loading competitions. We were the most outstanding ANG wing in the nation one year. Why? Regular Air Force has lots of kids while many of our members were not only former Air Force but war veterans. Go somewhere else to lay the blame. The Reserves and ANG are not the same as they were during Bush's time.

You're right the military did first report the mistreatment and cudos to them! But I assure you it would not have gotten the attention it has without the media.

cecil

This response submitted by earl on 05/13/2004 at 17:19. ( ) 65.230.40.235

that is my point. To be clear, I know the mission of the reserve forces. The first thing we would tell arng/res soldiers was that they have as high of a chance of going to war as the regular army. (yes, I was a dr. sgt). I did mention the wealth of knowledge, in the 82d I felt the best pilots that flew us around came from the SC airnat guard.Reserve service and support people are great. Things like cooks, mechanics, doctors and so on. But dealing directly with the local masses is not good. Dont tell me there are some good reserve units, I know that. After all, this isnt a cooky cutter world we live in. Again, they are there because they have to be, I know. I still dont like it.Now we could sit over coffee and banter over this and that and I am sure there are 1000 points you can bring up, but I am out of time here.

why is

This response submitted by michael sestak on 05/14/2004 at 06:18. ( ) 64.12.113.151

there still more coverage and anger over the iraqi photos, than there is over the beheading of dan berg an american citizen from pennsylvania.
it couldn't be that the media happens to think that the "abuse" is more important than the hideous execution of an un-armed american citizen trying to help the iraqi citizens could it ?
where is the outrage ?

It's there but...

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 05/14/2004 at 10:33. ( ) 63.115.128.195

what I find even more appalling is the hypocracy of the Arab world. It took two are three days for a couple of our alledged allies to comdemn this hideous act and probably only then after our state department urged them to.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu