15 Anomalies Surrounding Death Of Nick Berg

Submitted by Cecil Burgess on 05/14/2004 at 21:53. ( ) 205.188.116.13

What do you think?

Arab linguists have said the man posing as the Jordanian Zaraqawi did not speak with a Jordanian dialect. Others have suggested the man reading the written statement may not have been a native speaker of Arabic.

Zaraqawi was missing one leg and had been outfitted with an artificial leg that did not fit or function properly. He was unable to walk or stand normally with his ill-fitting limb. No man in the group showed evidence of such an infirmity.

Numerous indigenous sources have said Zaraqawi was killed by a US helicopter attack months ago when he was unable to move quickly enough to escape the targeted house. While others managed to exit the house in time to survive, he died in the collapsed building.

As any surgeon will testify, the alleged beheading was a fake. A beheading would result in a tremendous amount of spurting blood. There would have been blood everywhere had an actual beheading taken place. When the executioner holds up Berg's head immediately following what is represented as an actual decapitation of a living person, there is no significant blood flow from the neck or blood splatters showing anywhere on the executioner. Furthermore, the cut was simply too neat to have been done crudely and with such amazing speed by a man wielding a knife. Anybody who has ever carved a turkey knows there is something wrong with the supposed beheading. The suspended head looks more like Berg had been neatly beheaded by a guillotine.

The orange jumpsuit was standard US military issue to men in custody. It is unlikely Berg would have continuing wearing a US custodial uniform if he had been released by the military as they claim. The fact he was still wearing the suit is both anomalous and suggestive. One is forced to speculate as to whether there was an immediate transfer of Berg from the US military to unknown persons, thusly preventing Berg from discarding his US prison garb.

Several of the men in the film were fat by Iraqi standards. If they were Feyadeen or mujahadeen, they probably have been living underground since the first days of the occupation. Tens of thousands of Iraqis have been shown on news stories as they have marched and demonstrated. One would be hard pressed to point out a single fat man among these thousands.

Some men had what can only be described as pasty-white hands. Once again, one would be hard pressed to find Arab men with pasty-white hands.

The lack of spurting blood suggests Berg was already dead at the time of the alleged decapitation. It is possible Berg's dead body was displayed with his head already partially or totally severed. In any case, he almost certainly was killed before the staged beheading. If so, it suggests the captors had no stomach for an actual beheading of a living person, and they opted to fulfill their assignment quietly and with the least amount of gore.

The scream that is heard has been interpreted as a woman's scream by many viewers. Videotape cognoscenti have further said the scream was amateurishly added to the tape.

The U.S. government translation of one statement made on the film is: "Does al Qaeda need any further excuses?" This is a falsification. The actual statement urged fellow insurgents to get off their hind ends and do something. One assumes the translator being used by the US military is a native speaker of Arabic, so this cannot be explained as an innocent flub. This suggests the US government wanted to inject an alleged al- Qaeda group into the murder of Nick Berg.

Iraqis who have seen the videotape on Arabic news broadcasts are universally saying the men in the film are not Iraqis. Are they saying this partly because the speaker does not employ an Iraqi dialect? Where does their certainty come from?

Firearms experts have stated the AK-47 carried by one man was a "Gilal." This actually is an Israeli-made weapon that improves on the famous AK- 47. Feyadeen and other insurgents almost universally use AK-47s.

The man in the videotape who is purported to be Zarqawi is wearing a gold ring. This is absolutely proscribed by Islamic law.

The US military has stated that Berg was never in US custody and that he had been in custody of the Iraqi police. The Iraqi police adamantly deny he was ever in their custody. On April 1, an e-mail from Beth A. Payne, the U.S. consular officer in Iraq, was sent to the family of Nick Berg. It stated that Ms. Payne had located Nick, and he was currently in custody of the US military. We have to conclude that either the email was bogus or the US military has been lying.

The chair that Berg was seated in during the filming was a standard issue military chair of the exact same kind as seen in a color photo taken at the Abu Ghraib Prison. The chances a terrorist cell would be using this same chair are minimal at best.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

After seeing the video I wonder about things also.

This response submitted by JOhn C on 05/14/2004 at 22:12. ( ) 66.233.157.155

I veiwed the video, to me it looked also that the person was already dead. There was little struggle if any, the head was very easily removed, taxidermist know you have to be good with a knife to hit a joint in the cervical vertebra so smoothly.

While the video was not very clear, the body did not quiver or twitch. Even in some old Gulotine beheadings movies the body would flop off the table, even other veiwing of beheading with swords the bodies always spurted blood, the eyes of the head are normally open will move around.

There are a few other things that made it look staged to me.

I think if it is Berg, he was already dead, I think it was staged. But that my opinion.

Cecil

This response submitted by .. on 05/14/2004 at 22:34. ( ) 205.188.116.139

You are a flippen Moron! ! Let me quess Bush ordered bergs Beheading.

Go to hell you jerk! !

You democrats are all alike.

Cecil, I feel sorry for you

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 05/14/2004 at 23:41. ( ) 63.115.128.195

with a name like that. LOL

Funny our CIA considers it Zaraqawi on the tape and I have not seen any of what you say on any credible networks. Is this another conspiracy theory? John C. really likes those conspiracies!

Some of what you say could be plausible but there is a lot of conjecture in your statements.

You have to feel for this guy Berg but...

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 05/15/2004 at 00:27. ( ) 63.115.128.195

was it smart to be wandering around Iraq with a Jewish name and an Israeli stamp on your passport?

first

This response submitted by michael sestak on 05/15/2004 at 07:07. ( ) 152.163.253.1

nobody ever said that bush ordered the beheading, all that was ever said was that it looked like he was already dead.
with all the so called "what ifs" going around about this war...
"what if" he was already dead, someone found the already beheaded body and decided to capitalize on an unfortunate and gruesome chance to further perpetuate this war.
all i am saying is "what if".
by the way, who really shot John F. Kennedy?

Also

This response submitted by michael sestak on 05/15/2004 at 07:10. ( ) 152.163.253.1

you have to wonder why there isn't a lot of outrage about this beheading coming from our elected leaders, there is more outrage coming from our government over a bunch of photos of naked iraqi soldiers than there is about this sensless killing of an un-armed american civillian.
why ? is it a conspiracy after all ?

It looks real................

This response submitted by Randal R. Waites on 05/15/2004 at 08:06. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 205.188.116.139

It looks real to me, fine tune you screen, you can hear him expel air and see the blood gush out across the floor. If you noticed, the cutting took place right at the skull and the spine. By lifting the head and cutting from underneath, the joint is very accessible, try it on the next animal head you remove. These people are very proficient at what they do, knives are very sharp, their movements are very precise and accurate. My wife has watched them butcher sheep, they start by slitting the sheep's throat, it gave her the creeps at how easily they could do it.

It looks real................

This response submitted by Randal R. Waites on 05/15/2004 at 08:17. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 205.188.116.139

It looks real to me, fine tune you screen, you can hear him expel air and see the blood gush out across the floor. If you noticed, the cutting took place right at the skull and the spine. By lifting the head and cutting from underneath, the joint is very accessible, try it on the next animal head you remove. These people are very proficient at what they do, knives are very sharp, their movements are very precise and accurate. My wife has watched them butcher sheep, they start by slitting the sheep's throat, it gave her the creeps at how easily they could do it.

cut and paste

This response submitted by os on 05/15/2004 at 12:17. ( ) 207.69.1.178

I thought that these were not being allowed anymore.

LOL os

This response submitted by George on 05/15/2004 at 12:43. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.139

This kind of crap always shows up on the weekend while Ken is trying to enjoy what limited "time off" he gets. Wait till Monday and you might be pleasantly surprised. LOL

You really are stupid!

This response submitted by A Hunter on 05/15/2004 at 23:49. ( kissit@myares.com ) 61.42.122.126

"The orange jumpsuit was standard US military issue to men in custody"

how the heck do you know this? did you read the tag in the back of the uniform? Did it say standard military issue for prisoners? You think the military is the only ones that can get a orange jump suit?

"Several of the men in the film were fat by Iraqi standards"

This is the dumbest F$*#(%& statement of your whole post! Yes i have been there, and yes they have fat bastards just like the united states. Probably from sitting around smoking and watching their women work. Get real!

"Firearms experts have stated the AK-47 carried by one man was a "Gilal." This actually is an Israeli-made weapon that improves on the famous AK- 47. Feyadeen and other insurgents almost universally use AK-47s"

Thats funny, in my time there I have confinscated about a dozen different type of weapons, everything from russian to american fireams, yes american civilian firearms. So you really arent say anything here.

"The chair that Berg was seated in during the filming was a standard issue military chair of the exact same kind as seen in a color photo taken at the Abu Ghraib Prison. The chances a terrorist cell would be using this same chair are minimal at best"

Do you really think we shipped truck loads of our "standard military issue" chairs to Iraq? I will tell you what we did, we used whatever furniture we could find. We use our trucks to ship food, water, and parts....sorry bud, just no room for chairs. Once again you are assuming things you have NO clue about!

You know cecil, i usually just skim your political post, and everyone elses for that matter. I really dont give a darn what your political views are, but when you insinuate that the US Military is involved it makes we want to break this jungle boot right off in your a$$. I will tell you that the men and women in uniform are the most porfessional group of people that you will ever meet and guys like you should have their teeth knocked out of their mouth anytime you try to tarnish their reputation. You wouldnt amount to a pimple on their a$$ Cecil. My suggestion to you is to stick to things you know, because until you been there and dont that, you really dont know what your talking about!

Well now that i am shaking and really pissed off, im going to skip reading the rest of this site. Maybe another day.

To those of you helping us beginners learn about taxidermy, thank you. Sorry for the post above, sometimes i just cant hold my toung!

AH

Mr. Hunter

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 (Baird) on 05/16/2004 at 00:58. ( ) 63.115.128.195

You obviously did some skimming as you didn't notice there are two different Cecils on this subject. This Cecil actually agrees with you and from my own limited military experience I also concur that Cecil Burgess's post is basically bullcrap.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu