Thank you!

Submitted by Cur on 05/15/2004 at 04:08. ( ) 4.226.111.180

I want to thank all the kind folks that responded to my offer to trade a little work for a lot of training. I was amazed at the number of responses, and the quality of those who applied. I will do my best to accomodate each and every applicant over time - even after the work load decreases!

Over the years, I have tried to contribute to this forum as time permitted, and have enjoyed the banter, the arguments and the reward helping others brings. I have not always appreciated the blind shots, and panderings of the those who come here to cajole and deride, but they, too, have their place, I suppose.

During the past year, this studio has been a madhouse and time has been a restricted commodity. To that end, I haven't tuned in often, or for long, but that doesn't mean to imply that I think this forum invalid or a waste of time. I have sometimes checked in to read the threads, often with amusement.

A while back, a particular series of posts dealt with fiberglass molding. Raven, the man I call "Captain Ahab", and a few others all responded to a question posted. Raven, Ahab and others all posted a response, and then each took pot shots at the other. After reading the threads, I was amused by the fact that each who responded were correct in their statements, but all were lacking a bit of knowledge that led each to believe that the other was wrong. The end result was strange, in that none of the respondents had sufficient knowledge to state more than their case, based on personal experience, yet, collectively, the sum total of answers actually supplied the correct response.........I do hope that the individual who inquired was not confused by the rhetoric of the ensuing arguments.

In summary, this forum is one of the best developments in the history of commercial taxidermy. I is a place to joke around, find a much needed answer, source goods, supplies and materials, and exchange gladness and sorrow. It is a good thing those boys in Georgia did, and may their efforts to our good end long endure. I guess the best advice this busy old man can give is: Share with one another, and whatever you do children, don't fight.

Thank all of you who responded to my posts.

Cur

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Thank you CUR

This response submitted by Len on 05/15/2004 at 10:31. ( lengums@wi.rr.com ) 24.209.159.239

Thank you for everything you have contributed to the forum and the field of taxidermy. I am sure when you get the time you will be here answering questions. I just wish I had the time to come learn from you too..Good luck.

Looking forward to the visit

This response submitted by DaveT on 05/15/2004 at 13:16. ( ) 66.205.109.132

See you in July Cur, better have some crabs cooking... I have witness' (Wet-n-Silly knows you still owe me)! lol

DaveT

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu