Paul and others: Not going to the World Show

Submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 05/14/2004 at 10:54. ( ) 63.115.128.195

For those of you who were following my ranting and raving over a challenge to enter a bass at the world show I have decided not to do so. I thought I would let Paul know now before he spends considerable time and effort to compete against me, and this could allow him the freedom to enter something else if he wishes.

I just can't justify the time and loss of income to prepare a bass at that level, and have lots of other projects in the works for the next year at least.

For those of you who want to say, "I told you so," or I didn't think you can do it anyway," say whatever you want. I really don't care. My income and expanding business selling fish is more important.

Paul, I hope you do well at the world show. More power to you.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Go anyway!

This response submitted by Ken R. Walker on 05/14/2004 at 12:04. ( () ) 161.184.180.216

Go for the fun of it,Cecil,some on here may bust on you from time to time but you`re still one of us!Plus there will be some cool stuff there....I promise!

Cecil

This response submitted by The Rookie on 05/14/2004 at 12:24. ( NaturesTrophies,aol ) 64.12.116.137

If selling fish will be a major part of your income then maybe you'd consider training a real "nice guy" a little north of you!(LOL) Good Luck in all your ventures. I'm sure you've made a wise decision. Peace- Jeff F.

Cecil

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 05/14/2004 at 12:27. ( ) 209.130.221.161

You might be a "liberal/not a liberal" goober sometimes in here, but granted, youre one of us, like Ken W. says. If you are smart enough to recognize that you have to prioritize, who in the heck are we to question that? Hopefully you can still slip away (to the next state over) and attend, even if you cant take all the time to compete. I know Paul wont hold it against you, but we MIGHT have to use this as leverage someday if we really get into it again...

Too Bad

This response submitted by DaveT on 05/14/2004 at 16:58. ( ) 66.205.109.132

I was looking forward to meeting you. I already planned on buying the first round. Was kind of hoping some of use "publicans" could sway you to cross over?

Hope you reconsider and just come for the fun

DaveT

There won't be any need to sway me by then Dave

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 05/14/2004 at 23:47. ( ) 63.115.128.195

Bush will be history as the first appointed president that didn't get elected. LOL

Now what!

This response submitted by JL on 05/16/2004 at 19:28. ( wmlures@metro2000.net ) 216.177.1.156

I had a special bottle of my home-made wine ready to ship to the winner (that was my offer when this started). Now there isn't going to be a challenge mount or winner.I'll just have to pop the cork on that bottle, sit under the old oak tree watch the clouds pass by and wonder if either of you two could have handled a bottle of my home brew.We'll never know now...lol. Cecil....one glass of this stuff and you could love Richard Christoforo all over again...lol. Good luck with the fish farming.....JL

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu