National Don't Buy Gas Day

Submitted by ;o) on 05/16/2004 at 17:09. ( ) 4.152.75.201

Got this in an email, and wanted to share.

Subject:Don't Buy Gas May 19th

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED ėSTICK IT TO THEM DAY" AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMINISTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON"T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY ėENOUGH IS ENOUGHî

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Not just gas

This response submitted by scott on 05/16/2004 at 18:50. ( ) 64.39.203.239

But everything is getting so dang hard to make a good living when all these price increases affect our pocketbook.I am a competition bass angler and went to a tourney this weekend,entry fees,fuel for truck and boat,motel,food,etc was easily $400.I was told by the director yesterday that our wildlife and parks aren't getting their funding this year from the state and they are going to raise park permits,camping fees,etc. again.Everybody is greatly affected by this and food is slowly following since the trucking companies have to adjust.I would imagine that fruit prices here will skyrocket also along with sea food etc.Everything will go up except wages.I cannot understand why this is happening.No sense for it.In another week it will go way up again since Memorial weekend is coming up.I bet that the imports and motorcycle sales increase.The farmers are going to take it in the shorts again but it is also the only business that I know that if you have a bad year the feds will pay you.Maybe I should start farming!

Just wait!

This response submitted by John C on 05/16/2004 at 19:09. ( ) 66.233.157.155

Even the price of milk is going up. B.S. about no replacment dairy cows from Canada.

Taxidermy being a luxury is going to be slim picken next fall! Look at the price predictions!

What about the day after

This response submitted by Randy on 05/16/2004 at 21:43. ( ) 205.188.116.139

Wouldn't May 20th then become "buy twice as much gas" day, and the price would end up being even higher to make up for the losses? Gasoline was $2.15 per gallon this morning near Syracuse, NY.

Randy

Is that "Dont buy Gas on this day" e-mail going around again

This response submitted by johnson on 05/16/2004 at 22:31. ( ) 64.31.6.240

Well here we go again, this email goes around every 5-6 months with a different protest date, and the oil companys dont even notice. One day wont do. We need to as a nation, nation wide, stay at home for two or more weeks, not buying anything, shut down you electricity switch to the house, eat your canned food, dont drive anywhere, dont buy anything, dont go to work. Then and only then, will we make a dent. So who wants to get this ball rolling on this next idea for an e-mail hoax?

So . . .

This response submitted by Tony H. on 05/18/2004 at 18:49. ( ) 216.120.159.168

Who you voting for in November?

I know my mind was made up for me . . .

What stinks

This response submitted by scott on 05/19/2004 at 21:40. ( ) 64.39.203.36

is that when it does go down it will still stay around $1.95 or so.I haven't noticed diesel going way up though.Bright side is I should have more of the lake to myself next weekend as the cabins that are always rented a year in advance are now available and I was on a waiting list at number 7 and they called last night.Can't even go to the market and buy a cheap steak anymore.Wife heard the news today,yeh I know,and they said gas prices are expected to hit $3.00 a gallon in 3 months.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu