TonyH

Submitted by DaveT on 05/22/2004 at 17:52. ( ) 66.205.116.69

You are calling me out on several posts about my stance. Well answer me this bud.... before 9-11 did you think Al Quida had a weapon of mass destruction? Hell no, but go ask the families of the folks who died because folks like you thought we were safe and untouchable. Did you not learn anything?

DaveT

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Uhm

This response submitted by Tony H on 05/22/2004 at 18:11. ( ) 216.120.159.168

Whoa Dave? Before 9-11 I had actually heard of Al Queida. Had you? I imagine you had. Did I think they had WMDs? No. They didn't and don't. They have things designed for the benefit of man and they turn them into weapons. Maybe we should invade all nations that build airplanes?

So because I -- like millions of others -- thought we were safe, it's my fault the towers were hit? You're making no sense. I did learn something. There are terrorists out there. What else was I to learn? That we should turn into the same type of people they are? That torture is acceptable? That we should attack all nations that had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks?

I don't get your point. Sorry if you don't like being corrected or chastised for unacceptable comments. But this ain't Nazi Germany. It's America. And for you to say that "hey, I think they're terrorists, let's torture them" makes you no better, and probably worse, than those who ran airplanes into our buildings.

Dave

This response submitted by Tony H. on 05/22/2004 at 18:15. ( ) 216.120.159.168

In the last line when I say "You" I'm being hypothetical, not being "you as in Dave T. specifically" just a hypothetical "you". See what I'm saying there?

Iraq had mustard gas

This response submitted by unknown on 05/22/2004 at 18:23. ( ) 64.201.200.88

cause the U.S. sold It to them..Is that a weapon of mass destruction
It's just that they hid everything so darn good but the U.S. knows better

Once again Tony

This response submitted by DaveT on 05/22/2004 at 18:49. ( ) 66.205.116.69

TonyH

why is it that you liberals have a bad habit of misquoting folks? Until now you have stayed away from making false acqusations.

Above you said that I had made the comment "I think they're terrorists, let's torture them" Well TonyH you go back and show me where I ever made that comment. I think if you go back you will see that I actually wrote the following "First of all they are terrorists and I really do not feel sorry for them. It shouldn't have happened, because we are better then that, but hey let's move on............It happened, the US military was handling it before it was a big news story now get the .........."

Sounds a little different that what you claimed I had said. No where did I ever say we should torture anyone so please if you are going to quote me at least have the INTEGRITY to not try to twist it for your own purpose.

As to the points above, you obviously missed what I was saying:
Before 9-11 I do not think that anyone imagined that Al Quida would ever attack and kill 3000 Americans on US soil. They did.

Now maybe you personally do not think Saddam was a threat to us over here? I did and I am glad that we didn't wait around to find out. Do you realize what that one shell with over a liter of nerve agent would do in LA or NYC? Due to my military training I know what it would do.

I guess the difference between you and I boils down to the fact that I trust the US military and Goovernment to do what it takes to protect the USA and you would rather trust the UN and Saddam. Excuse me, but I would rather not leave my country and my children's safety to your liberalistic way of dealing with things.

DaveT

Talk about words in someone's mouth

This response submitted by Tony H. on 05/22/2004 at 19:16. ( ) 216.120.159.168

Did you not read the second post about the "you" being hypothetical? I was talking about that attitude. You may not have it to that degree but I got what you were saying.

I believe I've said repeatedly that Saddam should have been ousted. I, personally, would have had the balls to say that's what the war was about instead of sending my female assistant out to lie for me. Another Bush, hiding behind a skirt I guess.

And, you have absolutely no grounds to lecture me on integrity. None whatsoever. I wasn't quoting your words, I was quoting your meaning. And there's no doubt from the attitude in your posts that you have no problem with what went on over there and it's torture. Plain and simple. Funny you claim us "liberals" (which I'm not even one but let's not let accuracy get in the way) twist things to fit, yet you guys use try to twist this prisoner thing into no big beal, just a "boys will be boys" issue. Well, the international world thinks we're tyrants. Way to go George W.

Never did I say I trusted the U.N. or Saddam. In fact, I've said the opposite. Go ahead and search for it.

Because they were detained, they're terrorists and should be humiliated. Seems like someone else has said that? Oh yeah. The Viet Cong.

Well you are wrong

This response submitted by DaveT on 05/22/2004 at 20:21. ( ) 66.205.116.69

I do have a problem with what went on over there. As far as you quoting my meaning, you are way off base bud

DaveT

Good to hear

This response submitted by Tony H on 05/22/2004 at 21:05. ( ) 216.120.159.168

Hey Dave, if I misinterpreted what you meant then it was my mistake. I'm glad to hear you didn't approve.

When we start acting like the enemy, how do we know who the enemy is?

TonyH

This response submitted by DaveT on 05/22/2004 at 21:17. ( ) 66.205.116.69

You know how you feel when one of your kids does something that you taught them not to do? That is exactly how I feel about what happened over there. I have wore my uniform with pride for 18 years and to have a few undisciplined individuals give us all (the military) a black eye makes me sick.

However, it is not as bad as what the news is making it out to be. I watched the news tonight and not once did I see how many Iraq children received shots today, or how many familes sat down and had a real dinner tonight.

The fact is the American public is not getting the real picture of what we are doing over there. I am proud of my President, our military, our country and our flag. And 5 or 6 individuals is not going to change that.

DaveT

Hey, I hear you

This response submitted by Tony H on 05/22/2004 at 22:20. ( ) 216.120.159.168

I'm with you on that. We don't accentuate the positive enough. But, think about this seriously, is that a media problem or a societal problem?

When the Clinton deal went down, we sold a ton of newspapers. Way more than usual. That's the case any time something like that happens (Iraq, 9/11, OJ, you name it). That doesn't happen when we lead with "feel-good" stories. Now why is that? Is that the media's fault?

You're right, those guys who did whatever it was that happened in that camp were in the minority. But it's still something that MUST be reported. That's what a free press is about -- you can't get away with things in America. See what I'm saying?

I took your comments wrong. I didn't think you would condone that behavior.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu