Just an idea

Submitted by Justin Sommer on 05/23/2004 at 17:59. ( wildwingsstudio@yahoo.com ) 66.188.178.8

I was reading the forums which I love to do and I had a idea. I don"t know how bright it was but here goes. Well I always notice that people who have something negative or something that could be considered inappropriate for the site never leaves a name or email or both. So I was wondering if possible there could be a way to log in to the forums or make a system that gives a identity to someone leaving messages on the forums. So then they can be traced to take the credit they deserve. I know it might be a little more work to type in a login name and password but it would kind of deter the animal activists from leaving dumb messages like left previously on the forums. Just a idea not that there is any thing wrong with the site. I love it the way it is and it would be extra work I guess it was just one of my brain farts. If you would like an example of what I'm talking about visit http://www.waterfowler.com an you might see what I was thinking.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

I think it's a good idea and it's been suggested

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 (Baird) Indiana on 05/23/2004 at 18:18. ( ) 63.115.128.235

many times, but apparently WASCO does not want to go that route. Could reduce traffic altogether and could be more expensive. Since this site is free we really have no right to tell WASCO what to do. But IMHO it's a good idea.

I frequent another site that had no choice but to go to the format you suggest. Someone with computer savvy totally obliterated the site.

justin

This response submitted by wilson on 05/23/2004 at 20:33. ( ) 198.81.26.46

Justin, This site is like life; you have a choice to come or go freely.
I wonder what would happen if every time a client came over, I took his drivers license before I talked to him.
As with this site I believe I would slowly die.
Now for the part your bitching about, if you would have taken the time to
click on the orange button you would know the opinion of the forum administrator.

check this out

This response submitted by Griz on 05/23/2004 at 23:45. ( ) 69.66.35.209

Should the Forums Require Registration?

Submitted by Ken Edwards, Taxidermy Net Forums Administrator on 1/16/01. ( ken@taxidermy.net ) 207.69.35.200

here is a link

This response submitted by Griz on 05/23/2004 at 23:48. ( ) 69.66.35.209

i meant to put it under the title.

http://www.taxidermy.net/forums/IndustryArticles/01/a/01D4B998AB.html

reply about my first statement

This response submitted by Justin Sommer on 05/24/2004 at 10:23. ( wildwingsstudio@yahoo.com ) 66.188.178.8

I read all your feedbacks and I now have a new light on this subject. I also read the forum from Ken and thought there was a lot of good points made in there also. Like I said it was just a brain fart during reading the forums the other day so I guess I just typed up a forum with out searching with the orange button. But instead simply just posted. It does make sense now from what Wilson was saying about how if you had to ask for a drivers license before you talk to someone you would loose customers. I just didn"t look at it that way till it was brought up. Also I didn"t think I was bitching about it. Like I said it was just and idea and I"m sorry if it came across wrong. Like I said in my last forum I do love this site and as a new taxidermist it helps me out a lot due to all the other taxidermist offering there knowledge for free and I will try to think through my post a little more before posting it.
Thanks to All

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu