My first HOGS!

Submitted by Lisa Stanley on 05/20/2004 at 01:23. ( messiah6@aol.com ) 205.188.116.209

I recently went on my first hog hunt at my deer lease. We had been getting a lot of hog sign in our area of the lease so I decided to try getting one. I had never seen a hog there...but knew they were around. I decided to bring some corn with me to try to lure them out so I filled up a wal-mart bag and hauled it out into the woods with me. I found a nice spot with a lot of sign and dumped the bag out and shook it to get every kernal out. When I stopped I heard something off to my left and to my surprise saw two small hogs. I hadn't planned to hunt that day so had left my rifle at camp (dumb!) so I had to creep out of the woods, sprint out to the road, and get back to camp...lol. About 20 minutes later I arived back in the woods with my 30-30. Sure enough, the two small hogs were still there rooting around in the dead leaves. I stalked towards them but they disappeared over a hill. I closed some of the distance quickly since they were out of sight but then heard rustling coming back my way. One of the little hogs came back over the hill and I shot. It let out one squeal and dropped like a rock. I didn't realize though that his mama was over on the other side of the hill also (dumb again!), so was rather startled when she came running over to my side of the hill to see what had made her piglet squeal. She saw me and started heading my way so I quickly shot her in the head. So, on my first day of hog hunting I got two :D Here's a pic!

http://members.aol.com/messiah6/hogs.jpg

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

fine job

This response submitted by hogger on 05/20/2004 at 03:50. ( ) 4.7.218.36

congrats. Good to see the ladies out killin'.

Looks Like

This response submitted by Jim on 05/20/2004 at 11:00. ( ) 204.211.171.11

...Some Fine Eatin'. Congrats.

Congrats Young Lady! Well Done!

This response submitted by Mac on 05/20/2004 at 11:32. ( vabowhunter@worldnet.att.net ) 216.54.8.18

Jim's right, Good eatin there! Nothin like the excitement that type of encounter generates in all hunters! It appears you have learned the lesson that all hunters learn (over & over again sometimes) bout expecting the unexpected while in the woods! LOL!
Enjoy Your bounty!
Congrats!
Mac

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu