Looking for honest taxidermist, know of any?

Submitted by Bill P on 05/24/2004 at 13:17. ( ) 152.163.253.36

Looking for honest taxidermist, know of any?

Hey Cecil,

I am a customer of several different taxidermist. I am not a taxidermist. So your post where you said:

It's obvious you have some kind of personality defect
This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 (Baird) Indiana on 05/24/2004 at 06:44. ( ) 63.115.128.215
or you have difficulty doing well in competitions. You're not worth responding to. I won't waste my time anymore. I hope everyone else does the same. Do you have any idea what a fool you appear to be?

IT SHOWS THAT YOU, CECIL, ARE THE FOOL. IAM POINTING OUT THAT THE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS I HAVE SPENT ON GETTING WORK DONE BY THE SO CALL "WINNNERS" OF THE COMPETITIONS, GIVE SECOND (2ED) CLASS WORK THAT DOES NOT COME CLOSE TO WHAT IS SHOWN IN THE TAXIDERMY COMP. DIVISIONS. Taxidermist lie. simple as that. Still looking for an honest taxidermist that will give good quality work. I got the money and work for you. CAN YOU BE HONEST?

PROVE YOUR ABILITY TO BE AN HONEST PERSON AND NOT STEAL MY MONEY WITH CHEAP QUALITY WORK AND CHARGE OVER $400.00 FOR A DEER HEAD!

JUST LOOKING FOR HONEST TAXIDERMIST. DO YOU KNOW OF ANY?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

You get what you pay for

This response submitted by Old Man on 05/24/2004 at 13:20. ( ) 63.241.157.113

If you want a competion mount you are going to pay a lot more than $400.00 for it! LMAO For $400.00 you get Comercial work.

God Bless

LACK OF EDUCATION FOR TAXIDERMIST, HUH?

This response submitted by BILL P on 05/24/2004 at 13:30. ( ) 152.163.253.1

AGAIN, HERE WE GO. I DID NOT SAY I WANT A "COMPETITION PIECE." SURELY YOU PEOPLE THAT CAN READ, UNDERSTAND THIS STATED FACT. WHY DO YOU PEOPLE ALWAYS TAKE THESE THINGS OUT OF CONTEXT? LACK OF EDUCATION? IS THIS WHAT IS WRONG WITH MOST TAXIDERMIST?

I SIMPLY WANT GOOD WORK. FOR $400.00, IT SHOULD BE GOOD WORK, NOT COMPETITION WORK. IS THAT ASKING TOO MUCH? HOPEFULLY YOUR LACK OF EDUCATION AND FOCUS ON WHAT HAS NOW BEEN SAID WILL NOT CONFUSE YOUR ANSWER. BUT THEN, THAT SEEMS TO BE WHAT IS WRONG DOSEN'T IT?

BILL P.

POST SCRIPT: HOPEFULLY THE "SHOUTING" WILL WAKE YOU PEOPLE UP. BUT THAN, FROM WHAT I HAVE READ AND WITNESSED ON THIS FORUM, MOST OF YOU ENJOY BEING A SMART A$$ AND GETTING IN THE LAST WORD WITH NO REAL SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEMS..

try me out

This response submitted by trappersteph on 05/24/2004 at 13:51. ( deerwm17@aol.com ) 205.188.116.139

www.brushwolftaxidermy.com all the pics are commercial work I have done for resale, and customer mounts

I will be charging 375.00 for a buck this fall. I can provide references if you wish. Or look at my 100% positive feedback on ebay under "brush-wolf-taxidermy-studio" .

Now I cannot control things like bad specimens to begin with, tannery errors or losses,or losses due to fire,ect. That goes for any taxidermist.

And I agree,there are a bunch of dishonest taxidermists out there, but Cecil is not 1,I can vouch for that by feedbacks I have seen on here. I have been at this site since it started and have seen a handful of dishonests on here and they disapear quickly. Have seen complaints about ebay sellers,ect.

There are dishonest taxidermists in my area,like the guy who uses milk cartons to make earliners and loses customers racks,and lies to people about all sorts of stuff.

Now,how about dishonest customers? I have had a couple bounced checks.Plenty who push me to get stuff done,then won't pick mounts up for weeks or months,and others who don't push,but still won't pick mounts up for weeks or months. I also deal with extreme cheapskate bidders at ebay.

Bill

This response submitted by Honest Taxidermist on 05/24/2004 at 14:09. ( ) 64.12.116.139

Bill, leave your e-mail so I can get in touch with you please.

Like I said Bill P. you have a problem

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 (Baird) Indiana on 05/24/2004 at 14:35. ( ) 63.115.128.215

Please get some counseling. You're getting quite annoying on here.

Are you a career student or what

This response submitted by Stub on 05/24/2004 at 14:42. ( ) 66.163.142.27

You sure are worried about our educations. Most reputatible taxis are well educated well rounded but most of all very good people, our lack of education is none of your damn business. If you want quality work done for a dirt cheap price you are not going to be dealing w/ a taxi that has any education. Your pissin and moanin isnt going to make us discount our work for you, how would you like your boss to come to you and say dumb ass today you will work for $5.00 an hour instead of your normal $6.00, you wouldnt do it if you had another opportunity to work for a different guy who would pay you $6.00. We are no different than you we work hard for the things that we have, please remember we are trying to make a living too, when you do find someone who will let you cut a fat hog in the ass, remember you are taking food from his childerens mouths and making him work that much harded for what you have set him back. If you truely want good work shut your mouth and pay for it, quit being a jerk.

I would'nt

This response submitted by John on 05/24/2004 at 14:46. ( ) 66.190.41.56

want you for a customer! You sound like your very hard to please as well as a dink! I think that's why you've had problems with the taxidermists you have used in the past. Have a great day! Honest John

I cant believe folks would fish for this guy!

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 05/24/2004 at 14:53. ( ) 209.130.138.200

Recognize these types of posts, people. You dont want this type in your studio. Taxidermists cant lie to customers when it comes to this stuff, HE just made poor decisions. At least 80% of taxidermists I know or have met anywhere would go over and above for anyone wanting that quality. Guys, dont leave your names for this goof to play with!

My .02 about Bill's post and other responses..............

This response submitted by My02 on 05/24/2004 at 15:50. ( ) 205.188.116.139

Yox,John, Stub, Cecil, all of you have proven this guy's point. None of you really addressed his point and some of you went off on a tangent on something not specific to his points. Damn, and you guys wonder why some people bad mouth and don't want to come to this web site? Stick to the specifics and see if you won't get good results. This guy said he was willing to pay and most of you prove his statement of "uneducated" taxidermist by your own actions and what you have said.

MyO2

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 (Baird) Indiana on 05/24/2004 at 17:04. ( ) 63.115.128.215

You're kidding right. That's like saying about a guy that comes into the bar to pick a fight, "You guys should have been nicer to him."

Get real. He only wants to provocate and had a major chip on his shoulders. I fight fire with fire.

Oh one more thing Bill Pissant

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 (Baird) Indiana on 05/24/2004 at 17:05. ( ) 63.115.128.215

Everyone in this world is dishonest except you, you arrogant snot.

Cecil, your such a man!

This response submitted by Bill on 05/24/2004 at 18:37. ( ) 64.12.116.139

Cecil, you are such a man.......KISS ME!---- On the A$$!

And apparently you're a queer too!

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 (Baird) Indiana on 05/24/2004 at 19:14. ( ) 63.115.128.215

The only one I kiss is my wife. LMAO

And l want ........

This response submitted by Advice taken on 05/24/2004 at 22:23. ( ) 203.61.193.227

A bongo hunt for 5 grand
A marco polo hunt for 7...
And a brand new series 5 luxury BMW for the wife for 30 grand.

Sorry ,,none of this is going to happen, simply because this is what YOU want to budget.

Perhaps next time you should engage someone of the talent of Bill Yox to do your next shoulder mount, but please dont complain about the standard accepted fee, its like any other piece of art, so you pay appropriately..
Nothing more, nothing less

Hey Cecil B, your wife is a man? Is it just looks or what?

This response submitted by Cecil2 on 05/24/2004 at 22:50. ( ) 205.188.116.139

Cecil,

We thought your wife was a man? Go figure, huh?

Hey Cecil B, your wife is a man? Is it just looks or what?

This response submitted by Cecil2 on 05/24/2004 at 22:50. ( ) 205.188.116.139

Cecil,

We thought your wife was a man? Go figure, huh?

To Bill P

This response submitted by Susan on 05/25/2004 at 09:06. ( designhabitat@earthlink.net ) 199.90.9.18

Don't let this fella pull you down to his level (of intelligence?). He should have examined the taxidermist's work, and shopped around if he wanted a different price-range to work with. I suggest you(Bill P) get your wife to shop around for ya...chances are she's a better judge of a good value than you are. But face the facts, you MIGHT be facing an even higher price if she does. If she comes in our shop and I can get her interested, I'll show her at least a dozen ways she can change/display your deer head(or other mounts), and I GA-RANN-TEE she'll have a list of things she's found here that she'll want to have on hand to utilize (or a few more animals she'll want you to have mounted for HER HOME-with specific poses and habitats in mind) to change the "decor" or your existing mounts. I "cater" to the women that stand alongside their hunting husbands. I figure that if I can get them interested in the process too, we'll have a more satisfied customer, more business, and even make another friend-or-two.

Susan your right!

This response submitted by Bill P on 05/25/2004 at 10:47. ( ) 64.12.116.139

Susan,

Your right. what can I say? I'm saying that out of the FIVE different taxidermist I have used, none of the work I received matched what they displayed as commerical work.---it was , shall we say, lower end quality, stitches showing, lip not tucked correctly, skin shrinking from antler burr (half inch), ears curled, etc....

Bill P

bill

This response submitted by wilson on 05/25/2004 at 20:38. ( ) 198.81.26.46

What town and state do you live in? Maybe some taxidermist mit want to relocate .

An invitaion To Bill P

This response submitted by Susan on 05/25/2004 at 23:40. ( designhabitat@earthlink.net ) 165.247.171.242

Bill P-Why don't you come into our studio and do some comparison shopping. Then go to several of the local sports shops(that carry hunting supplies) and view our display mounts; Walmarts(2), all three of the area Sheriff's Depts., Police Depts., Firestations AND the DNR. The quality of our mounts is CONSISTANT. You can ask any of the officers, agents, and/or representatives of these fine institutions(for whom we are their personal Taxidermist) about our studio AND our work. They all know that "the mount is done to the best of our ability- and something that we would be proud enough of to put on our own wall"-or WE won't be satisfied until the customer is happy PERIOD. ---Also, ALL the mounts that we have entered into competitions have been "standard" or "commercial" mounts. When we want to compete, we refer back to our customer listing and call to borrow them back specifically for competition- the customer gets a free "sprucing-up" and pictures of their mounts w/ribbons or awards & we keep the ribbons/awards to display with a picture of the owner and his/her trophy in our studio (because we pay the entrance fees). Since the employment situation in this area is very depressed(8 plants have closed/shut-down in the last 9 months),the area economy won't support the $400.00 fee you paid for YOUR mount. We charge considerably less than that, but we also have a bustling business-active enough to keep my hubby and I very busy. Bear in mind that there have been several taxidermists to set-up shop in our area, then fade away. All because they didn't share the same commitment to quality that we do. Sure-TOOT...TOOT..- I will occaisionally blow my own horn, but we will put our work(competition or standard mounts because we don't differentiate between them or competition mounts) up beside anyone elses work. If their work is better, they'll get a load of questions about "how they did it". If they have questions about our techniques, we'll be glad to talk with them about it. After-all, we are all in this together and trying to improve our level of workmanship. Don't take me wrong, I'm not trying to put you off if you're thinking of e-mailing me, but I've about had it with my ISP & will be changing addresses ASAP. But I will be back on & with a new e-mail addy. -Susan

Bill P.

This response submitted by John M. on 05/26/2004 at 22:40. ( ) 207.190.66.58

Seems your very misurable. I would suggest that you learn like the rest of us did. And mount your own deer. That way you don't have to deal with anybody who is dishonist. And you only have to please yourself. Then you can be one HAPPY CAMPER .

John M.

This response submitted by Susan on 05/27/2004 at 09:11. ( ) 199.90.9.18

A good one sir!-Susan

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu