More Bush Hypocracy

Submitted by Steve on 05/20/2004 at 10:46. ( ) 209.122.220.14

Did anyone read about this or see this on the news? Its unbelieveable. Bush must think that Americans are the stupidest people alive. Here bush and his administration is going around taking credit and promoting all of these programs , when he is actually cutting or eliminating the programs he is campaigning with. Just another example of bad government and what you can look forward to if you vote for bush. VOTE KERRY!

For example, Justice department officials recently announced that they were awarding $47 million to scores of local law enforcement agencies for hiring of police officers, known as the Community Oriented Policing Services, but bush had just proposed cutting that budget by 87% !

The administration has also been publicizing health programs , even ones that had been scheduled for cuts or elimination.

Secretary of Health and human Services, Tommy Thompson announced recently that the administration was awarding $11.7 million ingrants to help 30 states planand provide coverage for people without health insurance, but bush had proposed ending the program in each of the last 3 years.

The administration also announced recently that it had provided $11.6 million to states so that they could buy defibrillators that would save the lives of heart attack victims, but again bush had proposed cutting the budget for this program by 82% , from over $10 million to $2 million.

How many more scandals and mistakes can bush make before you start seeing him for what he is? A failed busines man, former alcoholic & cocaine user, who has lied to us again and again , and who is getting us into the one of the worst messes in our history, between the war, the economy, the deficit, the enviroment..and the list goes on and on.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Leave political campaining out of this site.

This response submitted by ED on 05/20/2004 at 10:57. ( ) 216.51.174.213

There are other sites you can use to use for your campaining. Why not use them and leave this site for its original purpose. Nothing good can come of you slamming Bush because somebody else will slam Kerry and then a stupid war of words will be happening on a site that was not attended for it.

Ed, all taxidermy will make you a boring boy

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 05/20/2004 at 11:11. ( ) 63.115.128.155

How many times will folks like you attempt to tell what others can and cannot post. Are you the moderator? A little arrogant don't you think?

For the hundreth time; if you want pure taxidermy go to the specific categories and post to your hearts content. Everything else can go into the Taxidermy Industry category, and believe it or not, who runs this country and the ramifications ARE related to the taxidermy industry.

As far as the ensuing banter from posting political things; some of us enjoy it and as long as some don't stoop to name calling it can get quite interesting. If you don't like it don't read it!

Not telling what to post

This response submitted by Ed on 05/20/2004 at 11:52. ( ) 216.51.174.213

I am not telling you what you can post and can't post that would make me a liberal. I am just saying there are better areas to post that junk. Don't we get bombarded with enough of it every place we go

Only stupid Americans...........

This response submitted by John on 05/20/2004 at 12:56. ( ) 199.253.122.31

would vote for Kerry ...pro gay,pro abortion, anti-gun, anti-God, cow headed freak will probably win.....welcome to the United States of Sodom & Gamora!

Steve

This response submitted by wetnwild on 05/20/2004 at 13:09. ( ) 24.128.109.191

You are all wet! Lets see NOW! Bush is stockpiling oil to top off OUR oil reserve! Why would that be? Maybe terrorism in saudi arabia, where they blew up TWO major oil lines. TRhats the reason gas prices are up if you really want to know the truth. The deamnd is high, and the rpoduction out of the ground if way off due to damaged lines due to terrorism. YOUR boy KERRY, wants to dip into the oil reserves to lower the gas price herein this country! WHAt AN IDIOT! So when the terrorists hit saudi again, or worse, hit us here at home, we will not have any in reserve to keep basic industry running, and we will be paying 10.00 per gallon to import it! Kerry is a fool! As for Bush cutting stuff, was it not KERRY who voted against giving our troops the extra money for body armor, guns, intelligence, ec ect, then the democraps, complain the war is taking too long, and young soldiers are being killed at every corner! CAN you say HYPOCRITES! The way Kerry talks about the war NOW, and the way he did after NAM, he treds the very thin line bordering on Treason!. Kerry is an idiot, caters to both sides, has no legitimate platform exzcept to vote or say anything Bush is against, and it is starting to show! With all the Iraq stuff, and such, Kerry should be way in the lead at this point with all the stuff the Pr4esident has had to deal with, and yet in the poles he still lags behind! As for the democraps still saying there were no weapons ofmass destruction, what about the Nerve gas just found in the two exploded shells. Remeber, they were UNMARKED shells! Do you know how many of thousands apon thousands of those same shells we have stockpiled over there or just plain dedstroyed . We could have destroyed everything we were looking for as far as WMD as the shells have to be launched and then the two chemicals mix in flight causing the SERIn gas to be produced. we probably already found thousands of thes such weapons, but the DEMS keep changing what a WMD really is! We could find NUKES tomorrow, and teddy kennedy would redefine the term WMD just so he would not have to admit he was wrong!

Does anyone have any spare monkey brains?

This response submitted by George on 05/20/2004 at 13:34. ( georoof@aol.com ) 149.174.164.24

If you do, would you please send one to Steve. It's bound to double his IQ.

Steve and Cecil !

This response submitted by A.C. on 05/20/2004 at 15:04. ( ) 65.73.67.241

you both need to be bit** slapped badly . Stupidity is too good of a word for you . Kerry is a liberal ( ie the ememy within ) and like klinton , ( K was on purpose ! ) you can't trust him with your duaghter much less the nation and armed forces . You two may as well take up islam while your at it because thats where you are comming from anyhow . To hell with you both if you can't deal with the truth .

Oh for God's sake you guys are one hearbeat away from

This response submitted by Cecil on 05/20/2004 at 15:08. ( ) 63.115.128.155

having a home militia or Timothy McVeigh mentality. The liberals are the enemy A.C.? Give me a break.

Give me a break Mr. Ed!

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 (Baird) Indiana on 05/20/2004 at 15:14. ( ) 63.115.128.155

You are absolutey telling us what we can and cannot post. Maybe if you would have said something like, "Is it possible we could keep down the political posts etc.," I would believe it, but nooooooo, you said in capital letters which is shouting on a computer screen, "LEAVE POLITICAL CAMPAINING OFF THIS SITE (05/20/2004)"

I maybe labled a "Liberal" as a catch all term for those that don't agree with you, but I have enough brains to know an order when I see it.

Actually cecil

This response submitted by wetnwild on 05/20/2004 at 15:38. ( ) 24.128.109.191

I stand corrected. Not all liberals are bad. In fact quite a few republicans tred the fine line of being conservative and liberal. When i use the term democraps or liberals, it refers to the far left side radicalls, or the ones who portray themselves to be something they are not, in this case Kerry. Is he a left winger or a right? He seems to go in a direcxtion which seems appropriate for the moment, but may change his mind the next day where he stands depending on which way the political winds are blowing. I hate to think what would have happened if Gore had been elected president and had to deal with what Bush has had to. We would probably all be speaking arabic by now. There are good repubs and bad ones, same with the dems, but in this day and age, and with what we are dealing with as a country, thank God BUSH was elected. Somebody with enough balls to stand up to these savages, and not be intimidated

hey Steve

This response submitted by DaveT on 05/20/2004 at 17:35. ( ) 66.205.109.132

Why don't you go down and take that heart shocker and give yourself a quick shot or two as you obviously are not getting enough oxygen to your little brain.

DaveT

John McCain

This response submitted by Mike on 05/20/2004 at 22:23. ( ) 209.206.208.179

was on the news this morning faulting the current administration for over-spending and putting us further in debt, interesting stuff. I would have liked to have seen him in office.

Can anyone explain this?

This response submitted by Tony H. on 05/20/2004 at 22:40. ( ) 64.108.158.218

We continue to stockpile oil in our reserves, paying the highest price per barrel in history. We could distribute some of those barrels, lower the price and continue stock-piling at a sensible price.

Why would Bush want to keep buying oil, for the purpose of reserves, at all-time high prices? It's almost like he has an interest in those oil companies or something.

Show me an economist who can argue this makes any sense at all and I'll eat my hat.

Ah Yes, the Dave we always will remember

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 05/20/2004 at 23:16. ( ) 63.115.128.155

When you don't agree with someone you call them stupid or in this case "your little brain." Come on Dave! You can do better than that.

As far as Voyer saying Kerry is all over the map I can show you just as many switcheroos with Bush if not more. My favorite when Bush was running for president was, "I oppose nation building."

OK Tony, you want an explanation

This response submitted by George on 05/21/2004 at 09:20. ( ) 152.163.252.200

You probably don't read the bible much, but the story of Moses would be a great start about staving off the famine by storing the grain. If that doesn't work for you, try the nursery rhyme about the little red hen.

The United States has always maintained a strategic (key word) oil reserve stockpile. This is for national emergencies whereby the flow of oil was TERMINATED.

Now lets go a step farther. Economists have already stated that even depleting this reserve would likely only lower the cost of gasoline FIVE CENTS and that the oil would be used up withing 3 to 6 months. So in for 6 months we'd pay only $1.95 a gallon instead of $2.00 thereby saving the average car owner a paltry $1.00 per fill-up. After that, there'd be NO RESERVE LEFT and we'd go back to paying $2. At the same time, in order to provide the safety valve of a reserve stockpile, the government (Actually YOU) would have to replenish the reserve paying that same inflated price.

Now here's where the phony Kerry complaints wither. The actual cost of gasoline is about 60% of what is paid at the pumps. HE's continually voted for higher highway taxes and gasoline taxes. If HE had voted against it with those Democratic brethern you support, can you imagine that we currently would only be paying just a bit over $1 per gallon. To add insult, OPEC is a multinational conglomerate (the universal world idea Kerry supports) who control oil prices by production. EVERYONE knows that one day that oil will deplete, and since the WORLD ECONOMY is based on oil, where will the Kerry logic lead us? Why haven't we tapped our own natural resources and drilled for our own oil. The ANWR brings immediate chest pounding and hand wringing as does the national park system. Disregard the especially low impact of such ventures, it's the poster child of the "environmentalists". Secondly what is Kerry planning about alternative fuels? On a mechanized country, SOMETHING has to be used to propel that machinery. What happened to methanol? Hydrogen is a cleaner, safer and more abundant source of energy, yet there are no incentives to go that way. Water actually would make a good energy source and since 75% of the earth is covered with it, why not work toward that end?

Your comments are what conservatives are so irate about. You perceive problems, but your solutions are only temporary at best. At worst, they really aren't SOLUTIONS, rather they are just speed bumps. You and Cecil and Steve seem to be incapable of separating truth from fancy. The bottom line is WHO IS GOING TO PAY IN THE END. You claim it's the rich, but Kerry is a billionaire (and George Bush isn't exactly destitute) so what do THEY have at stake if gasoline hits $5 a gallon? The real trouble is that Kerry has used a sliding rule to gage WHO is rich. I used to be middle class but there is no middle class any longer. I earn over $35,000 a year so that makes me fit into the wealthy class. (Why don't you ask Raven what magic lies in that $35,000 figure. In Canada, if you make more than that, then half of it goes to the government I think). That's why we conservatives think that the liberal way of thinking is myopic. We can't continue robbing the rich so the poor can live free. Pretty soon, there won't be any rich people to pay for the poor and then everyone becomes destitute, just like those oil reserves.

George

This response submitted by A.C. on 05/21/2004 at 15:09. ( ) 65.73.67.99

You have to come to the same conclusion as I have , that liberalism is a mental disorder just like retardation ! ever try to talk sense into someone that is retarded ? Have agreat weekend !

Cecil

This response submitted by A.C. on 05/21/2004 at 15:12. ( ) 65.73.67.99

A friend of your enemy is your enemy ! understand ?

Once again

This response submitted by Tony H. on 05/22/2004 at 16:47. ( ) 216.120.159.168

Once again George makes up facts and tries to hide his ignorance.

Adding 30 million barrels of oil to the current market would lower gas prices about 20 CENTS PER GALLON. Need the source for that? Exxon-Mobil's home base, used in a story for the Wall Street Journal and distributed via Gannett (publishers of USA TODAY and about 200 other papers) wire service. Of course that oil would be used quickly. That's the point. It satisfies short-term demand which, in turns, allows the market to build for the long-term more easily. Basic economics 101. A class I've actually taken at a large nationally-respected University taught by real economists. Imagine that.
That 30 million barrels is a fraction of the reserves that we have.

And, yes, there are plenty of taxes on gas. But you want to know the really heinous crime here? That we don't demand higher efficiency levels from our automakers.

I mean doesn't it make sense to make every gallon of gas go as far as possible? Who would possibly vote against making cars/trucks more fuel efficient?

Oh yeah. That's right. Mr. Oil. GEORGE W. BUSH who, once again, voted against higher fuel economy mandates last week.

Add some truth and realistic facts to your arguments George. You're making this too easy.

Hmmmm....

This response submitted by Mac on 06/07/2004 at 19:11. ( ) 69.134.235.199

Just a thought....
We are spending all thismoney on rebuilding what was destroyed andmore so than any other nation.
Want them to push in more so we can direct some of our money back home where it belongs?
Have the President threaten to Flood the world economy with all that oil. It would criple the world economy.
The UN will believe it, he already has shown he could not care less about there opinion.
;-)

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu