Tire Maker Joins Forces With Anti-Hunting Group- (05/20)

Submitted by A.C. on 05/21/2004 at 15:13. ( ) 65.73.67.99

Tire Maker Joins Forces With Anti-Hunting Group- (05/20)
National
Join our e-mail alert list

A leading tire manufacturer, Michelin, has entered into a partnership with a national anti-hunting group. The U.S. Sportsmen"s Alliance, the country"s leading sportsmen advocacy organization, is urging outdoorsmen to contact Michelin to oppose its funding of the American Humane Association (AHA).

Michelin is donating $5 from every Michelin Man bobble head distributed between May 1 and June 25 to the AHA. The bobble heads are sold for $17.75 online and are available free with the purchase of new Michelin brand passenger and light truck tires.

ěMichelin"s donation is earmarked for the Red Star Emergency Services Division of the American Humane Association,î said Bud Pidgeon, U.S. Sportsmen"s Alliance president. ěWhereas this might be a legitimate animal welfare program, sportsmen must make Michelin aware that every dollar corporate America provides to fund animal rights groups" programs represents money that is freed up for use in national campaigns to end hunting and trapping.î

go to this page , click on contact us .

http://www.michelinman.com/promo/2004bobblehead.html

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Just called

This response submitted by The Rookie on 05/21/2004 at 15:33. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 64.12.116.197

I just called a customer service rep. from that web site and they said your info. was incorrect! Thet said that those five dollars are being donated to the Red Star Emergergency Service. She said they were a rescue group that dealt with traffic emergencies. Furthermore she said Michelin neither endorsed or opposed hunting.(of course,sounds like a Kerry speech LOL) Please do correct me if somebody knows more about the Red Star group. Jeff F.

Then Michelin must be lying

This response submitted by George on 05/21/2004 at 16:01. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.142

Red Star Emergency Service is listed under Google as being a functionary part of the AHA dealing with rescue of animals during emergency situations.

michelin

This response submitted by Wildlife-Artist on 05/21/2004 at 23:40. ( ) 69.244.151.177

i'm sure michelins kill more animals, birds,reptiles, then all the hunting put together. kind of ironic.

George

This response submitted by The Rookie on 05/22/2004 at 00:43. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 205.188.116.142

If thats true then I'll do some more research and tell michelin what they are inadvertently supporting. Thanx for the info. Jeff F.

I stand corrected!

This response submitted by The Rookie on 05/22/2004 at 01:25. ( ) 205.188.116.142

Red star is a bunch of tree huggers. Check this link out and raise some he! with michelin. http://www.americanhumane.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pa_disaster_relief A.C. listed the proper link above. Thanks- Jeff F.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu