Crook alert -- "Steve Clark"

Submitted by Amy Ritchie on 05/28/2004 at 13:24. ( Amy@Amystaxidermy.com ) 24.136.154.164

Some of you may remember me posting about this earlier this year and I just wanted to give everyone a second warning. I was involved in a transaction with Steve Clark (abanjableu@aol.com) I sent him $50 for some dermestid beetles LAST JULY and I never recieved the beetles. After months, I finally told him, forget the beetles and just give me my money back! He kept promising he would send it but months and months kept passing and it has now been nearly 11 months, how long is someone supposed to wait to get their money back ? I just wanted to bring this up again so no one would buy anything from him, he supposedly sells alot of live reptiles on "Kingsnake.com" for hundreds of dollars (Yet he can't find the money to pay me back?). I'd hate to think of other unsuspecting people getting taken in like this... with me it was just 50 bucks, but they could lose hundreds. Steve, I would really like to have my money back. I don't want to be mean, I really want to be nice about things, but it seems like niceness won't work with you. I just want my money back, I work hard for my money as do we all.

I'm sorry to have to post this on the forums, I know people are tired about hearing from people who have been ripped off, but I am just thinking about other people and trying to protect them from getting into the same mess I did.

Amy Ritchie
www.AmysTaxidermy.com

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Live and Learn

This response submitted by RTF on 05/28/2004 at 16:44. ( ) 207.69.138.135

Thats too bad. I bet you wont do that again.

Charge him

This response submitted by Superpig on 05/30/2004 at 12:32. ( ) 152.163.253.1

Amy, charge him with theft by deception. He stole from you and at the very least you should be getting your moeny back and it would not hurt for him to spend some time in either jail or get slammed with a fine.

You are right 11 months is more then enough time to make good on something like that. He evidently has no intention on refunding you the money. Time to go to your police department and call the police department in his hometown as well. Don't let him just bulldoze you over like this.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu